KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo Revolution

Nintendo Revolution
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Nintendo Revolution

Nobody made this thread yet....I think.....so. Discuss.

Got some pictures. Looks very cool. I dig the small size. A little disappointed with the design. It just looks like a black modem or case. I wish they has shown the controller too.

Attachment: e3-2005-high-res-revolution-images-20050517022407369.jpg
This has been downloaded 191 time(s).

Old Post May 17th, 2005 08:10 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

More.

Attachment: e3-2005-high-res-revolution-images-20050517072755728.jpg
This has been downloaded 180 time(s).

Old Post May 17th, 2005 08:11 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

smile

Attachment: e3-2005-high-res-revolution-images-20050517072756634.jpg
This has been downloaded 173 time(s).

Old Post May 17th, 2005 08:12 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It looks much better than GC thats for sure.
I also dig the small size.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 09:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

It looks pretty cool, I like how the companies completely changed the look of each console. Though the Ps3 controller looks uncomfortable to hold.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:00 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The PS3 controller DOES look uncomfortable to hold but we'll see how it operates. I like the new look on all of them though. I just wish that the Revolution was a little more....I don't know snazzy. I just looks like a plain black box. But I definitely like the size.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:02 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
The PS3 controller DOES look uncomfortable to hold but we'll see how it operates. I like the new look on all of them though. I just wish that the Revolution was a little more....I don't know snazzy. I just looks like a plain black box. But I definitely like the size.

I'm sure Nintendo will do more to it then tack their logo on it...or I hope so...:/

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:05 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Is that the finished version? Cuz the one that Iwata-san pulled out at the press conference, he said the final would be even smaller than that.

Oh, and I absolutely love the fact that you'll be able to download practically the entire Nintendo game library for the Revolution. N 64, SNES, NES... It's like having all of Nintendo in one box.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:06 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero

Oh, and I absolutely love the fact that you'll be able to download practically the entire Nintendo game library for the Revolution. N 64, SNES, NES... It's like having all of Nintendo in one box.

Link please!? eek!

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:07 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Iwata-san talked about it during the press conference this morning. You should be able to get video of the conference on IGN or Gamespot. Or it'll most likely be on G4 later tonight.

Anyway, he said that via the Revolution's built-in wi-fi capabilities (yay!) players will be able to download games from the N64, SNES, and NES. He also said that Nintendo is contemplating making the downloads for their library of first party games free, meaning you can get all the old nintendo-produced favorites like Mario, Metroid, and Zelda for just buying the console.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:12 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Strange
Master of the mystic arts

I'm wondering why there's no jack for a plug or controllers(Yes, I know they're wireless)

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:38 PM
Doctor Strange is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Strange a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Strange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

They should've gone with a silver color, black is SO 90s.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:00 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I noticed that. I'm guessing silver is the next generation color for electronics.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:03 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Itawa-san even said that thats not the final color and wants us to decide.
Check out the press confrence if you want http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:03 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

It had better not be purple....

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:06 AM
Tex
Yumsz

Have you guys seen the press conference for the PS3? Amazing. I wonder how Nintendo will stack up. XBox360 doesn't stand a chance.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:06 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

looks like a car stereo no expression

...now that i've seen the oficial photos for each console... i still think they're fan made no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on May 18th, 2005 at 12:12 AM

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:10 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

The controller I understand is supposed to be extra special. Touch pad?

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:13 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Best looking console of the next gens.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:15 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

I do not want a touch pad on a console. It was cool on a handheld, but not a console. And remember this - they did the same thing with the DS; it was rather plain looking in appearance at first, and then they snazzed it up.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:21 AM
Delta 62 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote