KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What Would It Take to "Sway Your Allegiance"...

What Would It Take to "Sway Your Allegiance"...
Started by: Primitive Screwhead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Warning What Would It Take to "Sway Your Allegiance"...

We all know that each of the big three have their fanatics, that would swear to no end to stay loyal to their brand of choice with each emerging generation. The question I really want to pose is... what would it take?

For you Sony extremists, either what games or features would actually get you to consider looking at the other ones? I've never been one to stay focused on any particular brand, but in the last go around I stayed away from Sony just on a perceived arrogance when they first released the system. I've since amended my thoughts on that original premise, and now with word that the PS3 will be backwards compatible on all three generations, I may sway back and pick one up this go around.

But seriously, this question really is directed at the fanboys (or girls)... the extremists, if you will. Is there any possibility that a Nintendite could actually entertain looking into buying either a 360 or PS3? I'm curious.

...this thread ought to get interesting now.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:35 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I dont really hold an allegiance.. I just root for the underdog... its annoying to see talent trampled just because a few morons have billions of dollars

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:56 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Which ever system has the least amount of bugs, or which ever works them out faster, and which ever seems to have the funner games is where my choice will lie.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 01:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

I used to be loyal to the Gamecube in fact. But then decided to get online and got a great bundle broadband deal which included an Xbox and wow does Xbox Live rock!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:54 AM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Well, I never really stick to one console only. Right now, I have Gamecube, XBox, and PS2! As long as a console is a reasonable price, is getting good reviews and feedback etc, and the games look like very, very, very good quality games, then to me, it's a good systems.

Oh yeah, and if the games are higher than $50, I refuse to buy them! $50 is already a huge investment for me!

Old Post May 28th, 2005 01:24 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Then the new consoles will suck for you because estimated prices are $90.- for a single game

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 28th, 2005 02:22 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fishy
Then the new consoles will suck for you because estimated prices are $90.- for a single game

Nope... only $59.99. Electonics Boutique already has pricing online on select 360 titles.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 02:51 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont believe anything that EB says or does.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I've heard a lot of playstation fans are already swayed because the new PS is like a tivo/playstation hybrid and is going to cost like $500.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 01:14 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Neo Geo had really expensive games, and look where that went... erm

They better not make the same mistake! mad

Old Post May 29th, 2005 01:37 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I don't really care. That is, until someone starts flaming the other.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 06:18 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i just go for the one with the games i want to play, which has so far been playstation...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 29th, 2005 06:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I used to be a Nintendo fanboy, but looking at the three systems now, I definitely want a PS3.

I still plan to buy a Revolution for the backwards compatibility, though.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:16 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

while i;ve always respected the xbox system, i've never been into the games as much. i thought halo was very overrated, plenty of first person games out and you're better off with a pc for them gta takes too long to come out for xbox, and when they are the controls are dreadful. of course the pad themselves are'nt very good unless its a first person shooter. always thought the fact of the hard drive for music was stupid too, i have a stereo. "ah yes but we can play games and listen to music at the same time!" well turn the game music off and put your stereo on! i'll stick with playstation, and hope a normal control pad will be available for it, the new ones look terrible.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:19 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

stereo sucks, they never play the songs you want to hear

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:44 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

i take it you dont know how to operate your stereo? or select which tracks you want to listen too?

Old Post May 31st, 2005 07:51 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

I originally got a ps2 about a few months after launch and for a while it was all I played....but then a bunch of the games ot stale and I just couldt get into stuff like the FF titles for it. GTA 3 made me like it for a while, but except for the ace combat games I haven't really looked back.

I've always used my gamecube, overall it just has the most hours on it.

I got an Xbox in christmas 03. I rarely played it except to expiriment with Morrowind or kung fu chaos. until I got halo that is. I put massive hours into halo and halo 2. Now that I have halo 2 live and KOTOR plus that morrowind I never finished I dare say I've put alot of time into it. However until 3 weeks ago It was gliched out and I had to repair it.

I don't like the Ps2 because of their marketing style, how few first party games they put out, I think it says something about their company.

The Xbox is okay, but really, It's just my big black Halo, halo 2, Kotor, Jade empire, morrowind game console.

now the gamecube........they've put out a HUGE number of first party titles (whether this is from the lack of 3rd party support or they're business attitude is debatable), with only a few bad rehashes and such (pokemon stadium, the 4 GC mario parties...I mean come on it's not even mario party any more) when it does get a 3rd party title exclusive it's usually kickass. they want you to have fun. Beating a hoocker to death isn't fun. (debatable) (free range gameplay however is fun)

I won't say the Ps2 ever really swayed me.

I wont say the Xbox swayed me with it's marketing style, it's gargantuan controller, or it's features.

I have an Xbox because I really, really, really, really, really ,really like Halo. Online play only sweetened the deal. Nabbing KOtor and Morrowind afterward was just pure luck.

overall, I still am a nintendite at heart though.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:36 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robo-Chocobo

The Xbox is okay, but really, It's just my big black Halo, halo 2, Kotor, Jade empire, morrowind game console.

I would strongly recommend trying Ninja Gaiden, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Voodoo Vince and the original MechAssault. Most of them are cheaper now, and represent a very diverse group of very good X-Box only titles.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:44 PM
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

quote:
i take it you dont know how to operate your stereo? or select which tracks you want to listen too?

When you say stereo you mean radio. Plus its much easier just to have to music on the Xbox in the first place. And it would have been easier and more clearer if you just said CD player!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:38 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Oral sex.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 08:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote