KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Double Dragon

Double Dragon
Started by: CorderaMitchell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Double Dragon

Old school goodness, anyone remember this classic, that had a bunch of ripoffs, like Bad Dudes?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 10:34 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sonic x 20
Unleash The Speed Within

Yeah, I played the (GBA) version. It was really fun. Check out my thread with Double Dragon in Games Versus if you want. big grin big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 10:54 PM
Sonic x 20 is currently offline Click here to Send Sonic x 20 a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic x 20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I did, did you ever play SUPER DOUBLE DRAGON???

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:46 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

I have it on MAME. God it takes me back to my gaming heyday. Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja had an appeal of it's own. For one thing it was about twice as fast.
Yep, so many games owe it to the great granddaddy of beat-em-up, Double Dragon.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 12:12 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Double Dragon is a classic.

Super Double Dragon, however, is a benchmark still today.

It's still better than almost every scrolling Beatemup. Only the likes of Devil May Cry and God Of War even come close to being as much fun.

Even with the tinny sounds and limited graphics, you still fell one hundred percent in control of your character, and getting beaten feels fair. I miss beatemups like this. Too many games focus on you pulling off moves that look great but have no bearring to what you are actually doing with the controller. Double Dragon makes you feel like you have landed every single blow yourself.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 11:48 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I agree there for the most part, super double dragon WAS MUCH BETTER!!!

Either way, I used billy, how about you guys?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 01:41 PM
Sonic x 20
Unleash The Speed Within

I haven't played Super Double Dragon, but it sounds really good. big grin big grin

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:35 PM
Sonic x 20 is currently offline Click here to Send Sonic x 20 a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic x 20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

You should go by it at a swap usa, or rhino.

The game was VERY good and balanced...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:05 PM
Sonic x 20
Unleash The Speed Within

Cool!!! I should get it some time.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:41 PM
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Double Dragon is a classic.

Super Double Dragon, however, is a benchmark still today.

It's still better than almost every scrolling Beatemup. Only the likes of Devil May Cry and God Of War even come close to being as much fun.

Even with the tinny sounds and limited graphics, you still fell one hundred percent in control of your character, and getting beaten feels fair. I miss beatemups like this. Too many games focus on you pulling off moves that look great but have no bearring to what you are actually doing with the controller. Double Dragon makes you feel like you have landed every single blow yourself.

It's amazing how Double Dragon has been etched on the collective consciousness. Even my friends who weren't into gaming know and respect Double Dragon.
My brother and I still have a laugh whenever we roll up the garage rollerdoor from the inside and stroll out DD style.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 12:01 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
It's amazing how Double Dragon has been etched on the collective consciousness. Even my friends who weren't into gaming know and respect Double Dragon.
My brother and I still have a laugh whenever we roll up the garage rollerdoor from the inside and stroll out DD style.

I was a billy fan, how about you?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 12:13 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

I think I ended up being Jimmy by default.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 01:01 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I was billy, I think they had it so player two was jimmy or something.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 01:35 PM
Walfredo

I liked using the weapons. That was fun. Bad Dudes...woah..blast from the past...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 02:24 PM
Walfredo is currently offline Click here to Send Walfredo a Private Message Find more posts by Walfredo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Double Dragon (and a lot of old games) IMO have a lot more replay value and a lot more gameplay than most new games.

Never played Super Double Dragon tbh.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 02:28 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Fire
Double Dragon (and a lot of old games) IMO have a lot more replay value and a lot more gameplay than most new games.

Never played Super Double Dragon tbh.

Many old games have more replay value than new games, kirby superstar anyone?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 02:29 PM
Fire

never played that but civilization 2 is a good example!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 02:42 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

double dragon rocked...i still have the rather shitty mastersystem version

Attachment: double dragon.jpg
This has been downloaded 25 time(s).

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 02:58 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Did anyone play the 1on1 double dragon?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:33 AM
Fire

nope

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:30 AM