KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo Revolution Thread

Nintendo Revolution Thread
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HigH ScholaR

Nintendo Revolution Thread

HERE is a thread for the nintendo revolution

here you can discuss about the revolution what features you want on it, the look the games you want on it.

hopefully when the revoltion comes out this topic will be used to discuss about the revoltion.

also post pics and info/interviews if you can about the revoltion.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 12:20 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi-Kaisa
Creator of soon-2-B comic

I found a pic of the new Revolution. Sleek and simple. Nice thumb up Can't wait for this to come out.

Attachment: 300px-nintendorevolution.jpg
This has been downloaded 111 time(s).

"We have taken down the greatest empire in the galaxy, who now can stop us?"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 12:37 PM
Jedi-Kaisa is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi-Kaisa a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi-Kaisa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetallicaT
Vicarious

it does look pretty ****in sweet...is that white part just a stand? or is it meant to be vertical?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 03:38 PM
MetallicaT is currently offline Click here to Send MetallicaT a Private Message Find more posts by MetallicaT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

it6's just a stand

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 03:40 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I got a feeling this will be Nintendos last chance to do something good.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 04:34 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I got a feeling this will be Nintendos last chance to do something good.

last? no, they have a so much of a "game maker" image that people won't just forget about nintendo soon. if they make mistakes in say, the next 6 or 7 years then they might have a problem. but i don't think nintendo will take any more chances to be out of the core running for head console.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 08:30 AM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lost prophet

I really havent been impressed by nintendo recently.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 06:20 PM
lost prophet is currently offline Click here to Send lost prophet a Private Message Find more posts by lost prophet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

The new Zelda and constant playing and replaying of Resident Evil 4 stop my GC from gatherring dust. I have all the usual updates like F-Zero and Smash Bros, but recently Nintendo have been lacking.

I hope the revolution delivers a solid drive forward, along with acknowledging it's credible past with this download feature. I want to see as many new games as rehashes, or I ain't buying.

I've played my Nintendo classics to death. The new games need to compete.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 07:28 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

They started going downhill with the end days of the 64.The GC seemed promising enough but their's only a few titles that have realy smashed through games Xbox or PS2 has put out.what's worse is within the next generation games nintendo won't even have their exclusive rights with the Resident Evil series.They'll still have Zelda but they realy need to make their next console as strong as their handhelds.I'm not sure how the DS is doing against the PSP,but if Nintendo could just do with their home consoles what they've done with their portables,they could come back strong.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 08:15 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

wow..umm big news here. here's the look at the first controller from ign here's some details on the specs:
Main Controller Features

* 3D Pointing. Sensors understand up, down, left, right, forward and backward.
* Tilt Sensitive. Controller can be rotated or rolled from side-to-side.
* Buttons Included. Has a trigger on its backside, face buttons, and a D-Pad.
* Multifunctional. Has an expansion port which can be used with different types of controller peripherals. Analog stick with two trigger buttons planned for left hand.
* Wireless. Totally wire-free. Currently there are no details on the max distance, source or power, or otherwise.
* Rumble Built-in. Included as a standard in all the controllers.
here's a pic

Attachment: hands-on-the-revolution-controller-20050915054852879.jpg
This has been downloaded 78 time(s).

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 07:05 AM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Check out the Nintendo Revolution. Its sick!!!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651301p1.html

I have to get on of these. Read the articles before you judge. Its such a good idea

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 07:56 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782 more indepth info on the nintendo revolution controller.. looks fun..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:47 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

I think the controller is retarded.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 12:53 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

^ Irony.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 01:06 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

What irony? Or is that just a completely random comment from you that you like to spurt out?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 01:08 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by Zen2nd
I think the controller is retarded.

it does look odd but perhaps that is because we've never seen a contrller like that because we are used to the past controllers. really this is just like the ds some dissed it as it was like a new thing but it caught on.

antway the possiblities.

Actual fishing
drawing
etc

games that i think will benefit are driving games, rpgs and first person shooters. games which i think will suffer are beat em ups.

and i'm sure you can turn off some of the featureslike the motion sensors.

wonder what peripherals will go in the expansion pack.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:33 PM
Red Superfly

There is already a thread. No need for two. This one oughta be closed.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:36 PM
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by Red Superfly

k........

knowing now the basic of nintendo's new console nintendo need

To come out with the right marketing scheme but a bit more mature i was thinking perhaps in the day they have a adverts for the ds but a bit light then at night they have a more darker advert for the revoltion for the adults.

launch with the right games a balance but diffferent for each region here is what i was thinking:

1080 game
Zelda game
SSBM
Mario kart
Beat em up
Footbal game
Driving game
Baiton kaitos.

try to work harder with relations towards other publishers they said they would do this with the gamecube after n64 but did'nt press on it. try and not let slip 3rd party games and get exclusive games.

Look at the games that will be developed for the revoltuion so it won't be spamed with unessary games.

cme out with a mixture of games both "mature" and "childish" (only calling them what the general people call them and they have to take note of that as each person is a potential buyer).

use the online feature not just get need for speed and have and online section but make games using the online feature like
Pokemon online

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:57 PM
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by Red Superfly

oh and by the way this a thread about the revolution, not only controller, the controller was the hot topic that is why it was discussed here before it got it's own thread.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:59 PM
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

quote:
Actual fishing

Sega actually made a controll just for fishing about 4 years ago but you don't see that flying off the shelves.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 07:16 PM