KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » starship troopers

starship troopers
Started by: crazy_shadow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
an_old_wonderer

starship troopers

A new Starship Troopers game!!!!!!!! I saw some screenshots on the game it looks SO BADASS!!!! imma find a link and put it here!!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 09:47 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

maybe you should have done all that before making a thread?

this game better be good.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 09:57 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

ITS GREAT LOOKIN big grin

http://www.starshiptroopers-game.com/default.asp

theres a demo too no expression

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:00 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The demo is okay.

Its needs to be polished alot more to be a good FPS (considering the saturation of really good PC FPS).

The sound is all screwed up and I can see this game. Its looks like the same action all over the place.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:21 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thoma5

Wow cool!!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:34 AM
Thoma5 is currently offline Click here to Send Thoma5 a Private Message Find more posts by Thoma5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I found it a bit jerky....

I though the coders were proper Bast*rds for giving you that impossible fight when you get the cell...

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:33 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I found it a bit jerky....

I though the coders were proper Bast*rds for giving you that impossible fight when you get the cell...
if its jerky your computer probably needs a better video card or more mhz, the requirements needs 2ghz embarrasment

the game comes out november 8th, the game is probably still being fixed...erm we'll see

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 11:11 AM
Thoma5

I gt error and i cant play the demo!!! =(

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:07 PM
Thoma5 is currently offline Click here to Send Thoma5 a Private Message Find more posts by Thoma5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thoma5

Can any1 see my graphic card suitable for this game

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 440
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0171&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7184 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/24/2005 07:32:00, 3973888 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 2/24/2005 07:32:00, 3454144 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4231-11CF-A07F-0A2002C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0171
SubSys ID: 0x00000000
Revision ID: 0x00A3
Revision ID: 0x00A3
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:08 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
if its jerky your computer probably needs a better video card or more mhz, the requirements needs 2ghz embarrasment

the game comes out november 8th, the game is probably still being fixed...erm we'll see

I ran it on my laptop
3 ghz pent 4
nivarda 64mb (i think thats why)
512 mb ram

By Barker

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:22 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Originally posted by Thoma5
I gt error and i cant play the demo!!! =(

whats ur pc spec....

I ran it ok with a nivarda 64mb

By Barker

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:23 PM
Thoma5

whats ur pc spec....

I ran it ok with a nivarda 64mb

dxdiag file here:
http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...DK2A3W2NLYHA4QJ

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:36 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh I surpass that.
They're still very jerky.
I hope its not going to be repetitive, because it look like it might be.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 06:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I don't mind... I loved the idea of starship troopers... The 1st film where you needed about 5 guys to kill one bug, I though that was an enemy! smart enemies can be tactical all they like! but theres nothing like being in the thick of it with too many enemies!

too they guy whos having problems....

When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers... what version of Direct X have you got? Have you updated ur windoes?? does your spec meet the min requirements....

I'm sorry but that txt told me nothing... just too much to wade though...

By Barker

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 07:50 PM
an_old_wonderer

hmm i can play games without ever jerking....unless im online and it lags because of my internet connection (56k) no expression

i haev a 256mb video card so i shouldnt have any jerky problems...and a 2.6 ghz....plenty of pc room too....im good O.O i cant download the demo cuz its too big for my dialup...itll take like 3-4 days embarrasment

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 08:52 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

unlucky, Its not much of a demo anyhows... U get to kill about 10 bugs with 2 weapons... 1 is soo crappy its insulting (they call it your Primary weapon aswell!!!lLOL) after killing 10 bugs and actually getting to the battery you were suppose to get... they send 1000 bugs after you... not a chance of killing them, and it starts to jerk even more!

Why are you still on dial up??? (sorry if theres an actual reason u can't get BB) but it doesn't cost that much to get BB now anyhow!

By Barker

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:13 PM
an_old_wonderer

unlucky, Its not much of a demo anyhows... U get to kill about 10 bugs with 2 weapons... 1 is soo crappy its insulting (they call it your Primary weapon aswell!!!lLOL) after killing 10 bugs and actually getting to the battery you were suppose to get... they send 1000 bugs after you... not a chance of killing them, and it starts to jerk even more!

Why are you still on dial up??? (sorry if theres an actual reason u can't get BB) but it doesn't cost that much to get BB now anyhow!
because you cant get anything else out here...... and the movie is just like that too, theres tons of bugs man, that made it better....the older starship troopers was like a 3rd person action game, u ordered bout 12 people and there were only about 15 bugs total per a freakin mission....thats why the game was closed from the stores after half a year...because it made no money, but i read the reviews on the game on the website, they say the games pretty good if you have a good pc.

i just downloaded a new download manager so i can pause it every now and then, so im downloading it now...its only on 2.35% finished but itll be done evenetually.... only 30 hours left big grin laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:24 PM
Thoma5

I don't mind... I loved the idea of starship troopers... The 1st film where you needed about 5 guys to kill one bug, I though that was an enemy! smart enemies can be tactical all they like! but theres nothing like being in the thick of it with too many enemies!

too they guy whos having problems....

When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers... what version of Direct X have you got? Have you updated ur windoes?? does your spec meet the min requirements....

I'm sorry but that txt told me nothing... just too much to wade though...

I dun update window and my direct x is 9.0C...My com is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, ~2.4GHz,256MB RAM,graphic card NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 64MB and I update my window n graphic card end of last yr aroudn tat...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 05:53 AM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

the movie is just like that too, theres tons of bugs man, that made it better....the older starship troopers was like a 3rd person action game, u ordered bout 12 people and there were only about 15 bugs total per a freakin mission....thats why the game was closed from the stores after half a year...because it made no money, but i read the reviews on the game on the website, they say the games pretty good if you have a good pc.

you miss understand me.... Theres not suppose to be that many bugs... they put u in a base with 20 other guys then they can send 100 bugs at you....

they then send you on a mission on your own.... then send 200 bugs a you when you get there... its there way of ending the demo... instead of letting you complete the lvl

I own the original starship troopers game... i think i was one of the few people to actualy enjoy it. there was more then 15 bugs per lvl....

By Barker

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 12:24 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

you miss understand me.... Theres not suppose to be that many bugs... they put u in a base with 20 other guys then they can send 100 bugs at you....

they then send you on a mission on your own.... then send 200 bugs a you when you get there... its there way of ending the demo... instead of letting you complete the lvl

You haven't seen the movie, have you? They're handing it to us easy.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:20 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote