KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » VILLIANS!! Who's path of destruction was absolute?

VILLIANS!! Who's path of destruction was absolute?
Started by: SlimYout

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SlimYout

VILLIANS!! Who's path of destruction was absolute?

When answering give a few reasons and examples why?
Make sure you leave uhhh.......I think it's spoil marks.
GO!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 06:27 AM
SlimYout is currently offline Click here to Send SlimYout a Private Message Find more posts by SlimYout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

sephiroth wreaked quite some havoc..

ganon always left hyrule in ruins , until confronted by link

Magus from chrono trigger messed some stuff up good

most game villians destruction isnt really long-lived...
even after city 17 was abused by the "government" , gordon still whupped em silly in their own arena

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 11:06 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

What about Dark Force from Phantasy Star IV? =P

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 06:58 PM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Go fifty years in the future and fall to your kness before my tyrannical rule.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 08:50 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Selphy, Revolver Ocelot, and the Colossi from Shadow of the Colossus

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 09:11 PM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pezmerga
What about Dark Force from Phantasy Star IV? =P

This is a good candidate. Dark Force resulted in the destruction of an entire planet and a solar system-wide collapse of modern technology. Dark Force was a cosmic evil, predating creation itself along with its opposing element of Light (Which left the known system after the creation of the planets, which were left to act as seals on the Profound Darkness, which is the actual incarnation of Dark Force, a mere avatar.

Lavos of the Chrono Trigger series did a lot of damage (World wide collapse and destruction) but this pales in comparison with Dark Force.

Kefka of FF VI ruined an entire world too, as did Bob Page's machinations in Deus Ex. But destroying one world is standard fare for any good villain. My vote goes for Dark Force.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 09:26 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlimYout

Good one feceMan haha. Funny name too. I always here contradictions with sephiroth, some say he was running away during most of the game. He then puts an end to you know who, walks into flames, and some even call him the best villain ever! I don't know, but I'll add Liquid Snake to the list because of his statement. He apparently wants to plunge the world into war, the arena where he can demonstrate his ability. What do you think is the make up of a villain? Does he/she have to be to deal planetary damage? Or can they just be vile scum that don't deserve the gift of life?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 10:33 PM
SlimYout is currently offline Click here to Send SlimYout a Private Message Find more posts by SlimYout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

"Who's path of destruction was absolute?"

It's rather self explanatory. They need to do excessive collateral unaltered damage.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 10:44 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Kefka succeeded in destroying and ruling the world in FF6, beat that.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 11:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlimYout

Gotcha. But does it always have to be in vein of let's say, destroying a world, village, etc. Could something of smaller magnitude have a more devastating effect? Or is that the measure by which we judge? A whole world is psychotic but.....c'mon

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 11:13 PM
BackFire

Well, Kefka also killed the whole family of Cyan, was responsible for the death of Lockes love (I think), was responsible for using Terra for destructive purposes by capturing her and forcing her to wear the slave crown......the list goes on.

Kefka was truley an excellent villian.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 11:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlimYout

Can we also reach the conclusion that all/most rpg villains are the got to villains? The ones that always come through in za clutch? And could someone respond to my post about Sephiroth?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 11:20 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I think this is pretty straightforward. The avatar of the Profound Darkness (Read: Dark Force) destroyed an entire planet and crippled the economy, lifestyles, and everything of two other inhabited planets.

That beats Kefka, Sephiroth, and any other two-bit RPG villain.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 11:55 PM
SlimYout

Ok now we have a more unique measure to judge by. That being the said crippling of economy, lifestyle. Don't want nag but can get to why Sephiroth um.........it think roxwhors?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 12:07 AM
BackFire

I'm not a big fan of Sephiroth, he's a decent villian but the hate just wasn't their as it was for Kefka. While playing through FF6 you truley begin to despise him, as you should with a villian. The fact that he's so well developed as a villian, and so evil, and so purely hateable is more important actually then any of his acts.

You can have the most powerful villian in ever seen, but if the player doesn't hate him, and doesn't care about the final encounter he's still a failure as a main villian.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 12:37 AM
SlimYout

True Mr. LeatherFace, so true. I was getting to that a little bit before. Isn't Sephiroth most hated for acts? I never played FF6, but if those are the feelings that sprout from watching his character develop, then Kefka must be something serious.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 12:42 AM
BackFire

Sephiroth is more or less hated because he killed Aeris. This, while being a key plot device to the game, is incredibly cliche as a way to get the villian "over" in an easy and effective way. They more or less took the easy way out by doing that, and it allowed them to take the time that would normally be dedicated to developing a good villian, and place it elsewhere.

Kefka on the other hand, had more screen time then any other FF villian I can think of. And the great thing is there's never any real motive for his actions, he's just evil, crazy, spiteful and brilliant, and the hate and excitement I remember feeling leading up to the final battle with him at the end of the game is truley amazing, I remember it very vividly, despite the fact that I first played that game over 10 years ago.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 12:53 AM
SlimYout

Damn, that must be a great feeling. Now for the post interview wrap up, how did the victory feel Backfire?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 12:58 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Sephiroth is more or less hated because he killed Aeris. This, while being a key plot device to the game, is incredibly cliche as a way to get the villian "over" in an easy and effective way. They more or less took the easy way out by doing that, and it allowed them to take the time that would normally be dedicated to developing a good villian, and place it elsewhere.

Kefka on the other hand, had more screen time then any other FF villian I can think of. And the great thing is there's never any real motive for his actions, he's just evil, crazy, spiteful and brilliant, and the hate and excitement I remember feeling leading up to the final battle with him at the end of the game is truley amazing, I remember it very vividly, despite the fact that I first played that game over 10 years ago.

I agree. Kefka was easy to hate, and he was just crazy; probably a result of his being a magicite test subject. Who knows? In any case, if we assign points for wicked evil, he would be way way up there.

Did you ever beat FF 6 from the World of Ruin on with only the three neccessary characters? (Edgar, Celes, and Setzer?) It's a blast.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:08 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

However, I'd like to reiterate the depth of the Profound Darkness' evil- it is THE source. It's also about absolute destruction of all life in the galaxy. And it's considerably powerful compared to Sephiroth or even the godlike incarnation of Kefka. Zio, a magician who was given a sliver of its power, did some considerable evil for being a local pawn: things like burning an entire village, turning another village's inhabitants entirely into stone statues, murdering a main character with a flick of his wrist, etc. He's also in control of the technological mainframe of the planet, a hub from which the Mother Brain computer in PS II controlled the climate of the planet.

Dark Force, a portion of the Darkness' power, was directly responsible for the destruction of Palma. The age after this (a millenium of technological decline which lead up to PS IV) showed lots of desperation, increase in lawlessness and monster attacks, climates spiralled out of control (The two inhabited planets were a desert and a wintry planet rspectively).

While more impersonal than say, Sephiroth or Kefka, the amount of damage was considerable.

You know, there is probably another video game baddie who is even worse (Both personal and capable of great evil), but I can't think of one right now.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:17 AM