KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Just saw Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Just saw Final Fantasy: Advent Children
Started by: Jargon343

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jargon343

Just saw Final Fantasy: Advent Children

The action was cool, but it was really, really, really skimpy on the story. Alot of characters just show up for the sake of showing up and fighting for a couple of minutes; most of the gang have little more than a few lines each, if any. Kind of defeats the purpose of having them there at all. You see a character appear on the screen and say 'hey! There's soandso!' ...and then that's it.

It's cool to see the FFvii crew back in action, but the movie was a let down for me.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 12:25 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

lol.... the movie rocked... it mainly focuses on Cloud... the film was always gonner be around Seppy and cloud... What else could they have done a film about??? the FF7 script is too long to cut down for a film.. and advent children is for the fans.... any none ff7 person will only just understand the story.... doing a movie like this is tricky..... I hope the Halo film is just as good...

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 01:47 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

I'm the biggest FFVII fan around. That's why I'm dissapointed, the movie had alot to live up to. I understand it's difficult to add much to a 50hour long story in a hour and fifteen minutes, but that doesn't change the fact that quite simply not much at all happened during the movie.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 02:25 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

You need to insert some commas in that last statement there Jargon, kind of difficult to read towards the end.

Anyway. How old are you hardcore Final Fantasy VII fans. Because I am 18 and don't remember nothing about this game growing up. I didn't hear about it or anything. When did this game come out. Was this game out when I was a baby or too young to play or what because after all of the hype and attention this game is getting and being called one of the best Final Fantasy games ever, I am kind of envious of you who played it and I want to play it myself. It is old though so maybe I don't want to play it, I don't know. Because I will probably be the only one in the world playing it now. Well, that's how i'll feel anyway. You know it's old when they don't even sell it anymore, at least no where I have seen. So maybe it's too late for me. I know none of yall are still playing it are you?

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 05:04 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Doom Master

hey, powerfulone. its been a while!

i really couldn't give a care about storyline in a movie with so much ACTION in it. i saw a trailer (but haven't seen the actual movie yet), and it seemed so good. i mean, come on, sephiroth defending every single one of clouds blows with a sword, like, not even half its size. that was awesome. can you tell me one thing though? is there any gore? if there is, that would make it all the more better!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 07:17 AM
The Doom Master is currently offline Click here to Send The Doom Master a Private Message Find more posts by The Doom Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Doom Master

just read your message powerfulone. im only thirteen. ff8 came out when i was around 9, if i can remember correctly. and im still playing it!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 07:18 AM
The Doom Master is currently offline Click here to Send The Doom Master a Private Message Find more posts by The Doom Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

But when did FFVII come out.

Well I guess I was just oblivious to the Final Fantasy Series back then and I regret it. I wish I had another kid family member that lived near me and could of educated me on good games when i was younger but I didn't.

So I just missed out on the early Final Fantasy games. My first one was FFX. I also played FFX-2. I plan on playing all of the future ones.

I will not make the same mistake twice.

How did yall find out about the Final Fantasy series so early in the game.

Doom Master, you say it's been a while. Where do I know you from?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 07:33 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Doom Master

too young to remember when it came out, but i was alive!

the first one i actually played was 8, and i'm still damn stuck against that person who has rinoa! and can't beat her because of the fact that the bosses get more powerful if you get more powerful! it stops it from getting boring quickly because you can't whoop the bosses after one try (most of the time!), but against her, its just plain annoying!

as for where i know you from, on the "reshef of destruction help needed" forum? ringing any bells? no? anyway, i beat paradox. i just beat marik a whole bunch of times to raise my duellist level to 274 and put mechanical chaser in my deck!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 07:47 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

So FFVII came out a long time before FFVIII?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 07:55 AM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Powerfulone... Final fantasy 7 came out with the orginal Playstation... My friend got it for xmas in a pack... He didn't know the game... most people didn't.... But once you play FF7... you don't stop...

By Barker

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 02:01 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

Final Fantasy VII came out in either 1997 or '98. I was about 12 or 13 when I first played it and I'm 21 now.

It only came out a year or two before FFVIII.

...Yeah, it was August of 1997 it came out.

How did I find out about it? Some of you younger guys probably don't remember this but Final Fantasy 7 was quite the sensation when it came out. Squaresoft spent alot of money putting together commercials that showed alot of the FMV sequences of the game...sequences that were totally unheard of graphically at the time as far as videogames go. There was even a SuperBowl commercial.

Not to mention that all of the game magazines had been talking about it for years.

Last edited by Jargon343 on Sep 23rd, 2005 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 02:44 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so noone realises that this is not a computer/video game.. thus being the wrong forum..

and on top of that.. you're not special in having seen advent children, just to let you know.. so basically what I'm saying is that this is a stupid thread on illegal material, considering this movie isnt even out yet, and secondly... there are people who havent seen it yet, and dont care to stumble across any spoilers.. have some respect for them.. k thx

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 03:44 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Whats the matter sats... jealous some of us have seen it???

You can add it to the list of successful movies from video games....

By Barker

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 04:27 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lmao.. duh.. thats because 'they' made the movie 'and' the game perhaps?..

and I'm hardly jealous, as I can guarantee I've seen it ages before you.. but my point is that all these stupid posts that just sit here and brag about having seen it , are just nonstop, as if someone is supposed to be impressed... just sickens me

noone cares if you've seen it

noone cares what you thought of it, til after its official release, or unless someone asks for your opinion

not to mention none of you ever add spoiler tags.. keep the people who havent seen it in mind before you run around posting stupid things

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 05:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Please point out the spoilers that have been said...

How did you see it before me??? whats your inside secret???

Why are you being soo bitchy satsujin??? we are just talking about final fansty....

By Barker

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 05:32 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

because, advent children is not a game.. its a work of cinema, so it doesnt belong here...dont worry how I've seen it

as for the spoilers.. you could say I'm doing a 'pre-emptive strike'.. letting people know to be polite before the spoilers start coming.. I know these types already... i.e. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: "Snape kills dumbledore" anyone?

and I'm not being bitchy, I'm being realistic..

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 07:31 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

thanks for that... I haven't read the 5th book yet... I was going to soon... I had avoided all the harry threads not wanting to know who died... but you just ruinned that....

By Barker

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 08:10 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

oh well.. if 'spoiler : highlight to read' wasnt clue enough for you.. then it just makes you look bad

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 09:14 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Theres nothing to spoil in a FF thread... but reveling secrets in other threads makes you look bad....

By Barker

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 10:54 PM
S_D_J
Bane

satsujin> a lot of people will hate you for that spoiler, it's in the wrong thread...and it's a terrible way to prove your point

and I think this belongs here, because the people that would see this movie will be mostly FF fans

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 11:06 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote