KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4....for Ps2

Resident Evil 4....for Ps2
Started by: JToTheP

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Resident Evil 4....for Ps2

If there's a thread for the Ps2 version, or anyone feels it should just be merged, do so.

At the beginning I doubted the Ps2's abilities for this game to look at all decent, so did Capcom. At the very beginning of the news about this, Capcom had cut Leon's pixel count from 10,000 to 5,000, and were having problems with porting the game over to the Ps2. Capcom than re-built the game from the ground up, using Ps2's advantages, and disadvantages, by June we could see the game shaping up nicely. While by October it may not be as polished as the GC version, with the shitload of extras, a price tag of $40, and another Platinum collector's set, and a new weapon, or two, it may be worthwhile afterall. Now while I may not re-buy it myself, Ada's five-chapter bonus game, which doesn't replace Assignment Ada either, rises curiousity of course.

Anyone have any certain pics/thoughts/whatever about it?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:02 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

i mght get it but i doubt it since ps3 will be out next year and so will resident evil 5

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:23 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

I have alredy played it on GC so I do not see a reall reason to get it for PS2 but It would be cool the see the extras.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:36 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stunna1773
i mght get it but i doubt it since ps3 will be out next year and so will resident evil 5

What are you TALKING about? RE5 wont be out until at LEAST 2006 Christmas, I will be SHOCKED if its even out in 2006 period.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:55 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Just how much did they add to RE 4 for PS II, anyways? I just finished everything on the GC version and I don't exactly feel like buying another version just for a few guns. Seriously, unless they totally revamped the Merc mode and made it bigger or something, who cares?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 10:07 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Originally posted by JToTheP
What are you TALKING about? RE5 wont be out until at LEAST 2006 Christmas, I will be SHOCKED if its even out in 2006 period.

thats next year derr

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 11:14 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by Deus Ex
Just how much did they add to RE 4 for PS II, anyways? I just finished everything on the GC version and I don't exactly feel like buying another version just for a few guns. Seriously, unless they totally revamped the Merc mode and made it bigger or something, who cares?

Ada has a new game, with 5 chapters. It shows what she does while you play as Leon. Ada gets new weapons. Leon & Ashley each get a new costume, P.R.L. 412 laser gun, and a new area completely.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 02:01 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

thats next year derr

....You missed the point completely. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 02:01 AM
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

so wut

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 02:07 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Ada has a new game, with 5 chapters. It shows what she does while you play as Leon. Ada gets new weapons. Leon & Ashley each get a new costume, P.R.L. 412 laser gun, and a new area completely.

Nah, not enough for me.

While the Ada missions sound good (Indeed, I'm surprised they didn't put that in the GC version) what I really want is the ability to play as the Mercs characters in a less... minigame oriented environment. I mean, Krauser and Wesker pwn.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 02:10 AM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

I've read from various sources that it is also coming to Xbox. I'd assume this to be a vamped up port of the GC version rather than a rebuild like the PS2 version.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 04:47 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

It is NOT coming to the XBox. This is more than a PORT people, they RE-BUILT IT FOR PS2.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 11:24 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Well, it's out today. To be fair since I own it on GameCube, I'm going to be recieving the Premium Edition of this game for Playstation 2 for Christmas. I think we should make this a general thread, as I will be glad to help people who are playing this for the first time. Though I am not 100% sure if any changes to item locations have been made, I will try my best to help if anyone asks, as I've beaten this game soon to be 12 times now. It isn't to brag, but just to show that I do know what I am talking about.

Good luck First-time players, you are in for QUITE the ride!

LET THE SLAUGHTER BEGIN! eek!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 11:40 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Malibu Stacy Hat syndrome.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 06:18 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

First time with the Chicago Typewriter = "Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 11:17 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

so now nintendo fanboys cant use resident evil 4 as an excuse to say gamecube isnt kiddy...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 11:20 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

thats next year derr
derrrr

Are you eight years old?

Delays happen quite often. The consules aren't even OUT yet. How will a date speculation satisfy you? They'll be two completely differnet games. That's like saying, well, Final Fantasy XII comes out in 2006, but, oh Final Fantasy XIII will be out on the PS3 sometime in 2007, so that's not worth it.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 11:33 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Malibu Stacy Hat syndrome.

hahaha.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 11:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Silverstein
so now nintendo fanboys cant use resident evil 4 as an excuse to say gamecube isnt kiddy...

Gamecude isnt kiddy. big grin

We still have REmake and RE0. Happy Dance

Just kidding, i dont really give a shit, i love my gamecube though.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 12:20 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I unlocked Separate Ways I love it! The small tweaks to the enemy patterns and such in the main game I find very annoying personally, but that is just me.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 02:22 AM