KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » HDTV For Next-Generation Consoles?

HDTV For Next-Generation Consoles?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Miffed HDTV For Next-Generation Consoles?

Anyone else annoyed with the fact that for the next-generation consoles you pretty much require a HDTV? Those mothers are damn expensive! mad

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 07:50 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

required? no not at all, just supported..
revolution may or may not support it..
xbox 360 hd is the main choice but 480 will be also supported
same for ps3 i believe

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 07:52 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

They're not required. Tell me where it says it's 'required.'

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 08:51 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I have an HDTV, so I'm not worried.

Well, the burn-in is always a problem...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 09:28 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

HD has nothing to do with burn-in thats an issue mainly with plasmas that really isnt much of an issue anymore if you buy a quality tv and not an affordable one (i used to sell TV's)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 09:45 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

HD TV is basically a rip off. Sure you get a nice picture but is not worth paying so much money. Besides now they're claiming that newer HD TV should have some chip gadget to get full quality. Like WTF? What's the point of buying a new tv if it doesn't have full quality. Bah!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 09:49 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

you can connect an XBOX 360 to your computer monitor if its a VGA meaning it has HDTV qualities... I do so when I get my XBOX360 I will try it but i only have a 15 inch screen.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 11:36 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by El_NINO
you can connect an XBOX 360 to your computer monitor if its a VGA meaning it has HDTV qualities... I do so when I get my XBOX360 I will try it but i only have a 15 inch screen.

r u saying that it only has HD when connected to a VGA?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 01:19 AM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by El_NINO
dude that'll kick ass

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 01:28 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

VGA isn't nearly as good as DVI...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:18 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by WindDancer
HD TV is basically a rip off. Sure you get a nice picture but is not worth paying so much money. Besides now they're claiming that newer HD TV should have some chip gadget to get full quality. Like WTF? What's the point of buying a new tv if it doesn't have full quality. Bah!
Some are "HD Ready" and some are "HD Qualified"... though not those exactly, they were both R's. One has the actual tuner built in, the other you have to buy the HD tuner seperately, like an extra cable box. Really, that's just plain dumb. Build it in, and make it cheaper. Then I'll pay for it. The picture quality really is nicer, yes, but not nice enough for me to shell out a couple grand.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:19 AM
forumcrew

most companys provide the box the built in tuners often arnt used by a lot of companys, its not a huge deal which is why a lot of people dont care.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 07:26 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by forumcrew
HD has nothing to do with burn-in thats an issue mainly with plasmas that really isnt much of an issue anymore if you buy a quality tv and not an affordable one (i used to sell TV's)

Well, yeah, I have a plasma, and it's a high-end Panasonic, and the burn-in is still there on plasma's... erm

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 03:44 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

thats unfortunate i hope you got a service plan.. id recommend getting a pioneer they are the top end.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 06:01 PM
gls
Holy hell

there's always hd projectors..
i wish i had money >>

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 05:19 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

No system requires it. Get S-video or component and you'll still get a fairly sweet picture on your standard set.
Me? My Toshiba DLP is the only game in town right now. HDTV rocks for gaming.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 03:10 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can someone explain to me what a HDTV is exactly?

I don't know if I have one or not.

It all looks the same to me.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 07:34 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Can someone explain to me what a HDTV is exactly?

I don't know if I have one or not.

It all looks the same to me.

(says the same person who didn't know what framerate was)

HDTV has been out for some time now. It is the next-generation of TV's. HDTV is basically higher resolution (HighDefintionTeleVision).

Now tell me that you DO know what resolution is?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 02:32 PM
Tru_Slice is currently offline Click here to Send Tru_Slice a Private Message Find more posts by Tru_Slice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look Tru Slice, if you want to be sarcastic and have some negative remark to everything I say and you keep on trying act like you are above me then I rather you just not answer my questions.

After all you must have asked questions along to way to figure out what something is. If you don't then you never find out the answers so act intelligent or just don't respond.

Anyway, I know all of that, I want to know how you can tell if you have one or not. Is it on the tv somewhere or are you suppose to know by just looking at the picture on the screen.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 09:40 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

In a non-sarcastic way, you can definately tell by looking at it.

It is incrediblly sharp.

Now seriously, go find out how these things work before everybody goes on talking about them! sad

sad sad sad smile

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 01:36 AM
Tru_Slice is currently offline Click here to Send Tru_Slice a Private Message Find more posts by Tru_Slice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote