KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » That new ipod

That new ipod
Started by: Is_it

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Is_it

That new ipod

So, I saw the new ipod, my question is how do you convert a dvd into the mpeg4 format that it needs? i know that software exists to do a simmilar thing for the psp(like xcopy9 at psptransfer.com) but does anyone know if a simmilar thing exists for the ipod yet? or else how you could do it manually?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 04:54 PM
Is_it is currently offline Click here to Send Is_it a Private Message Find more posts by Is_it Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Giving it about two seconds of thought I see multiple ways of easily converting a DVD. Depends on your experience and software, though.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 11:01 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Oh yah, I never noticed the COMPUTER in Computer/Videogames Discussion. laughing out loud

Doesn't it have its own movie filetype?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 03:16 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

That thing is a waste of money just like the PSP.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 02:45 PM
Tru_Slice is currently offline Click here to Send Tru_Slice a Private Message Find more posts by Tru_Slice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Correction: No it's not, but the PSP is imo...I'll wait for the PSP2 thank you. geek

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 03:25 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

The PSP is a waste of money.... any iPOD isnt

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 09:50 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

I didn't mean that the ipod a a waste of money, I just mean that the new Nano is.

It's $200 more thatn a normal ipod, and holds half the songs. How small do you have to get?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 08:36 PM
Tru_Slice is currently offline Click here to Send Tru_Slice a Private Message Find more posts by Tru_Slice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

the nano looks so damn cool, i say one. Hows the battery life for the nano?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:59 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

It sux of course!

What kind of battery life do you expect from a credit card-sized piece of equipment?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:13 AM
xNIXSONx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
It sux of course!

What kind of battery life do you expect from a credit card-sized piece of equipment?

very little

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:16 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Nanos are for those who really feel they have to have the smallest shit ever. I'm all for the 60GB Video iPod -- black, of course. See, that's a welcome improvement. Paying the same $$ for smaller equipment that holds less... not my idea of improvement.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:17 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

People like that have to have something smaller than their wang to make them feel like a man.

I am not one of those people, happily. thumb up

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:27 AM
xNIXSONx

hows the battery life does the regular ipod ?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:28 AM
Refused
Iconoclast

This is the iPod killer right here.
http://www.pocketdish.com/getone.jsp

Aahahah, just kidding. I'm curious to read a review on the 7 incher though. That's is a pretty big freakin screen. 40GB is not bad also. But i doubt that these will get enough attention to attract a reviewer. sad

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 05:26 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by JKozzy
Nanos are for those who really feel they have to have the smallest shit ever. I'm all for the 60GB Video iPod -- black, of course. See, that's a welcome improvement. Paying the same $$ for smaller equipment that holds less... not my idea of improvement.

I'm thinking that once my iPod becomes too small I'm going to get one of those. That'd be pretty awesome.

Nanos are a waste of money. It's small, big freaking deal...it also costs about the same as a 20GB one but doesn't hold nearly as much music. Why bother? A regular iPod's not that big, certainly pocket-sized.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 06:00 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Originally posted by Tru_Slice
I didn't mean that the ipod a a waste of money, I just mean that the new Nano is.

It's $200 more thatn a normal ipod, and holds half the songs. How small do you have to get?

I would say wait for the price to drop but by that time time they'll have an ipod so small you'll need an electron microscope to see it.

Originally posted by El_NINO
The PSP is a waste of money.... any iPOD isnt

Seems to be true, one of the shows on G4 had a survey and appearently more people buy the PSP than DS BUT more people are happy with their DS than PSP.

Last edited by Hegemon875 on Oct 21st, 2005 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 06:45 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I own a DS and I'm not happy with the selection of games. I am happy, though, that they are much cheaper than those on the PSP. PSP games run for $50... DS games can run $20-40. When the WI-FI is up in November, the DS really will become more prominent in my life yes

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 07:28 PM
longshanks

i'm still happy with my psp but i'm thinking about getting both.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 10:12 PM
longshanks is currently offline Click here to Send longshanks a Private Message Find more posts by longshanks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote