KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The beast is slain : Stupid things that make your computer crash

The beast is slain : Stupid things that make your computer crash
Started by: jerlark386

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miffed The beast is slain : Stupid things that make your computer crash

KMC made my computer crash, completely, thoroughly.

Shockwave related error.

My 2.0 ghz comp crashes on some stupid pop-ad that feels it needs to freeze up my computer in order to get noticed. Wtf?

I've ran photoshop, dvd lab pro, and adobe premiere all at the same time before(no problems!!) What puts out computer? fcking shockwave.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 01:18 PM
jerlark386 is currently offline Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 01:56 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

my computer has never crashed. ive had it since february '04.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 02:31 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StinkFist462
my computer has never crashed. ive had it since february '04.

Details Please. How often do you use it? What do you use it for? What operating system do you have installed(what version)? What its longest running time? What are the computer's specs?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 02:36 PM
jerlark386 is currently offline Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

i use it everyday, i cant get the specs at the moment. im at school.

i use it for whatever i feel. mainly gaming and music (creating(pro tools) and listening). Windows XP Home. longest running time? no idea, i have it running. a LOT.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 02:40 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not sure if I believe you. Maybe your computer crashed in the middle of the night and you just did'nt see it or something. You had to atleast get an error report message box or something.

Becuase the longest constant running time of XP I got is probably around three weeks.

The longest I've ever been without ANY form of crash(including random program exits or an error report message box) is probably about a week on the desktop I use.

My Piece Of Crap computer is actually what currently holds the record. Which would be about 2 months and still going actually, but ofcourse I rarely use it. In fact, all it really is a file server and router.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 02:59 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Originally posted by jerlark386
I'm not sure if I believe you. Maybe your computer crashed in the middle of the night and you just did'nt see it or something. You had to atleast get an error report message box or something.

i doubt it, i have my account password protected and the guest account is rarely, if at all, used. and everyday i wake up i still have windows media player stil playing my playlist. i do shut it down, just not daily. maybe once or twice a week.

The longest I've ever been without ANY form of crash(including random program exits or an error report message box) is probably about a week on the desktop I use.

at times my Counter Strike closes, but that just happened recently after the new update for it.

My Piece Of Crap computer is actually what currently holds the record. Which would be about 2 months and still going actually, but ofcourse I rarely use it. In fact, all it really is a file server and router.

i paid about $2,500, over the course of almost 2 years, for my computer, it is an Alienware running on XP Home. Radeon 9800XT graphics card, 200GB HD. 1GB Ram.

i did have a mean virus on my computer and i had to erase my HD, that was about August 04. ever since then i had no problems with it

Last edited by StinkFist462 on Oct 25th, 2005 at 03:22 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 03:20 PM
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

OK.. to answer the threads question this is how my PC runs

CPU: INTEL PENTIUM 4 2.5 GHz
HDD: 115 GB
RAM: 512
VC: ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128 MB

I have never in my life since i got this computer experienced a crash or a blue screen. I have had the PC freeze due to some programs that dont run or becuase i stumbled upon a bad web site that freezes the browser and have had to close the browser but thats it no crash.
I use this computer everyday and i even leave it on at night. I also reformat every 6 months or 1 or 2 times a year to get rid of junk i dont need and to have a fresh start again. What I can say is that the computer crashes because of who is using it. Remember computers are just a dumb piece of machinery that need someone to guide it.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 04:23 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

That sucks.

My computer hardly ever crashes. When it does, I call my computer guy, because I SUCK with computers. happy

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 05:23 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

Laptops NEVER crash...hehehe laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 06:42 PM
Tru_Slice is currently offline Click here to Send Tru_Slice a Private Message Find more posts by Tru_Slice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I crash my computer all the time.

It really hates when I'm working on a 4000x3000 pixel image at 300 dpi in Photoshop with Illustrator also open and listening to iTunes at the same time laughing out loud

However, my computer is also in SEVERE need of upgrading....I push it right to the limits while working and, well, after a while it pushes back stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Oct 26th, 2005 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 06:48 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

Originally posted by Lana
I crash my computer all the time.

It really hates when I'm working on a 4000x3000 pixel image at 300 dpi in Photoshop with Illustrator also open and listening to iTunes at the same time laughing out loud

However, my computer is also in SEVERE need of upgrading....I push it right to the limits while working and, well, after a while it pushes back stick out tongue

Solution: you need more memory

Beef up your computer to at least a GIG of RAM (or DDRAM, whichever you have) or 1024 MB RAM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 07:02 PM
Tru_Slice is currently offline Click here to Send Tru_Slice a Private Message Find more posts by Tru_Slice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I already KNOW I need more RAM stick out tongue I intend to put a gig in there, I've only got 256mb, FFS.

I haven't upgraded it at all since I got it embarrasment

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 07:06 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

Well, palying iTunes AND working with photoshop will retard any computer. Don't feel bad.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 09:58 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

3.2 GHz P4 640 w/ HT and 2 MB L2 Cache
1024 MB RAM
250 GB HD
256 MB ATI x800 PCI Express x16 vid card

I don't crash. smile

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 10:03 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

That doesn't mean crap unless you got the Virus protection sofware to back it up.

And that's a nasty-sized hardrive.

A lot of room for bugs if you're not carefull.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 10:08 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Though I am careful. Why wouldn't I have any protection? I've had the Antivirus, firewall, and the necessities. I think I know what I'm doing, I built the thing and maintain it at a high profile, consistantly.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 10:31 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Well, palying iTunes AND working with photoshop will retard any computer. Don't feel bad.

Haha, yeah, I crashed my mom's computer doing that laughing out loud

Hell, simply using the smudge tool on a large file will cause the computer to lock up for a while because it's so memory-intensive, especially at the file sizes I work at -- I work at large enough sizes to print my stuff at poster size.

Originally posted by JKozzy
3.2 GHz P4 640 w/ HT and 2 MB L2 Cache
1024 MB RAM
250 GB HD
256 MB ATI x800 PCI Express x16 vid card

I don't crash. smile

I want your computer.....

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 10:33 PM
forumcrew

Re: The beast is slain : Stupid things that make your computer crash

KMC made my computer crash, completely, thoroughly.

Shockwave related error.

My 2.0 ghz comp crashes on some stupid pop-ad that feels it needs to freeze up my computer in order to get noticed. Wtf?

I've ran photoshop, dvd lab pro, and adobe premiere all at the same time before(no problems!!) What puts out computer? fcking shockwave.

more likely virus and spyware infections causing ur issues. And ram is gonna have more to do with keeping it stable thn a lil extra processor speed

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:49 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I need upgrades too. Mine was made in 2002.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 03:12 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote