KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo Revolution controller

the controller is
This poll is closed.
A very good idea eek! 4 36.36%
weird 1 9.09%
stupid 2 18.18%
got to play with it first to judge it 4 36.36%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nintendo Revolution controller
Started by: JToTheP

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Nintendo reveals Revolution controller...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/0...ws_6133335.html

As of right now, I hate it, a ****in REMOTE!? What the ****!?

Attachment: rev remote 1.jpg
This has been downloaded 276 time(s).

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 11:16 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Remote in 1 hand, attachments in other.

Attachment: rev remote 2.jpg
This has been downloaded 251 time(s).

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 11:17 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

stupid stupid stupid why why a modified GC controller would of been great but this is crap senseing faliure

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 11:24 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I think its great... I posted about it in 2 other threads.. so I'm not gonna spam it.. 1up gives a very intuitive outlook, and has accepted it as one of the better controls that just "feels right"

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 11:35 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

what i think it looks great and stupid but opions differ so

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 11:49 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

All these idiots calling it stupid right off the bat obviously didn't read anything about the controller and what it can do and are only basing their thought off of how it looks. Grow up please.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 01:27 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

No I read it, its still crap

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 01:32 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I really want this to work. I real do, I just think there might be a few problems...

1) not too many buttons on it, some games will be awful if hand movements control the fight, supersmash bros will be tricky if you have to shake it to control them...

2)Games that do need an add on, How much will the add on cost compared to the game??? will you need to buy another controller for every game???

3)If i remember xbox's start. EVERYONE moaned about the size of the controller... everyone... So they realised another smaller one... Will Revs be the same? will they release a standard controller ( say the gamecubes one) for people who moan???

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 01:59 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

HAHAhaha!!!...I'm sorry, but I just find it funny. What an odd looking controller. Might just have get used it or something.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 02:11 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

Problems I have with the control;

1) I'd like it in one piece, I play with a lot of my friends on the various systems I have and have all 4 controls for most fun, but Nintendo's new design comes in two parts which will no doubt get lost.
2) I don't want to be swinging or pointing at the screen to control my character! They say they are making it simple but what was so hard about a normal control anyway?
3) I'll have to be taking the add-on out and in every time I change a game.
4) If it is online and uses "magic click" ability people with bigger screens are going to have a huge advantage over everyone else
5) It wasn't designed for the casual gamer it was designed for kids
6) They are just going to overuse the moving the control to interact with the screen in-front of you. It gets boring and annoying after a while and your hand is just going to get tired.

I feel it is just a toy, not a real control for a console.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 02:12 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cal31
All these idiots calling it stupid right off the bat obviously didn't read anything about the controller and what it can do and are only basing their thought off of how it looks. Grow up please.

Actually, who HASN'T read about the damn thing already? If your not at TGS right now, GameSpot updates at least 3 times a day about the gaming events, so I think YOU need to stop accusing people of things you can't even prove.

The most interesting thing alot of people have noticed, is if you turn it side-ways, with the d-pad to the left, it looks like an old NES controller. If you can use it like that, with the a & b buttons on one side that may be better, but there is of course the attachment in your other hand to worry about.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:09 PM
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

First i thought what the?! But *Loads shotgun* bang bang!

Im getting it. Looks freaking SICK!!!! I can just imagine the gameplay.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:12 PM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by Zen2nd
Problems I have with the control;

1) I'd like it in one piece, I play with a lot of my friends on the various systems I have and have all 4 controls for most fun, but Nintendo's new design comes in two parts which will no doubt get lost.
2) I don't want to be swinging or pointing at the screen to control my character! They say they are making it simple but what was so hard about a normal control anyway?
3) I'll have to be taking the add-on out and in every time I change a game.
4) If it is online and uses "magic click" ability people with bigger screens are going to have a huge advantage over everyone else
5) It wasn't designed for the casual gamer it was designed for kids
6) They are just going to overuse the moving the control to interact with the screen in-front of you. It gets boring and annoying after a while and your hand is just going to get tired.

I feel it is just a toy, not a real control for a console.

1) and allegedly 4 people can use the remotes at once, 4 people swinging remotes around? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen if you ask me.

2) I hope Nintendo plans to make alot of FPS with "that kind of ability"

3) haha, yes, 'new add-ons' will be interesting, so let's hope it is like the Ps2 HDD, and the game automatically detects it or doesn't.

4) Of course, gotta love the gamers with 50" televisions

5) Seriously, I understand Nintendo's aim with some games, but what the hell? That remote is smaller than half of our entire hands period.

6) Well, I guess it will bypass people calling gamers lazy if it's a chore to play a game laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:14 PM
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

Originally posted by JToTheP
Actually, who HASN'T read about the damn thing already? If your not at TGS right now, GameSpot updates at least 3 times a day about the gaming events, so I think YOU need to stop accusing people of things you can't even prove.

The most interesting thing alot of people have noticed, is if you turn it side-ways, with the d-pad to the left, it looks like an old NES controller. If you can use it like that, with the a & b buttons on one side that may be better, but there is of course the attachment in your other hand to worry about.

Ahhhhh i get it, you know the pad? I think there the c buttons or whatever? And theres r A button right there, theres also r B button on the bottom of the control if you havnt seen it. So it counts for 6. And on the joystick theres a Z button too.

About the nes looking one, im sure you would have to flip it aside to play the nes or snes games. smile

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:27 PM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

While the look definitely needs an overhaul, and while the thought that Nintendo is again taking such a large step away from convention makes me cringe a little, I am nonetheless intrigued.

Though I foresee plenty of problems that might arise from having a point-and-click screen experience (such as the movement reciever being too responsive, or not responsive enough), those shouldn't be a worry if Nintendo keeps up their level of product reliability.

I think that the greatest successes on the Revolution now will be shooters. With the motion tracking element akin to arcade lightgun games, an FPS could play amazingly well, especially with the B button emulating a trigger.

All in all, it's weird as hell, it's a possibly dangerous step, but it could be a huge success that makes the Revolution deserve its name.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:33 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I don't care for it at all, while its innovative and cool looking, I like efficiency first.

No fighting games, and most likely not shooting, or anything where split second timing counts.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:46 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I think that this controller idea might actually work, unlike the DS and virtual gameboy

First, this would def be excellent for FPS...those games are all about atmoshpere and feeling like you're actually shooting someone would increase the experience tenfold (I think its one of those things where if you don't try it, you feel its unnecessary, but once you try it, everything else pales in comparison)

Second, I agree that this controller would be unsuited for the traditional fighting games (ie Marvel vs Capcom) but it is not meant to be traditional, it is meant to be revolutionary...Nintendo needs to be applauded for taking a bold step in the games arena. If everyone just played it safe, we would still be play Street Fighter 35 in 10 years, but now Nintendo is pressuring other companies to enhance the gaming experience...technology has been improving, so why should we continue playing games the same way as 10 years before when technology is limited. Remember, all those scifi movies where people are playing in virtual reality holographic areans, well the only way we can ever reach that point is if innovation is made as opposed to slight improvements

3rd, the problem Nintendo faces is that people in general are opposed to learning something new, they get comfortable with something and want to stick with it forever, so Nintendo may have a hard time convincing people to convert. I think ultimately success depends on if Nintendo can come up with a killer app for the release ala Halo for Xbox, if they can do so, then Sony and Microsoft will be pressured to do some innovation of their own for a change

my 2cents

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:02 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Well, the problem with Nintendo seems they want to reinvent the wheel. My games control fine the way they are. All these remote garbage and swinging the stuff around, are just gimicks. If you have to shake a controler to do something, as oppossed to just pressing a button, doesnt make the game quicker. It not only shoots fighting games in the leg, but any game where you need to use multiple button presses in quick combination.

Nintendo needs to realize, gimmics dont work in the real world. There will always be the hardcore element that will buy the Donkey Kong drums or the Maracas and play them, but the majority of the gaming market are doing things like waiting for the next Madden to come out. Grown ups think that stuff is silly, and as gamers grow up and continue playing, that is fast becoming their demographic. Now, with this new controller, a great many companies that make mainstream games, are gonna look at this controller and its gimicks and just not make games. Capcom making their next cross platform fighter? Well, we have to invent a bunch of stuff so its playable with that remote, so just forget it. Midway doing their next cross platform action game. We dont have time to program for that weird gimmicky controller, we'll do it later and release something next year. Slap a subtitle on the game and pretend it has bonus features. I guarantee the first Add-on made for this controller, is a REAL controller you can plug into it.

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:40 PM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by o kiMMii o
Ahhhhh i get it, you know the pad? I think there the c buttons or whatever? And theres r A button right there, theres also r B button on the bottom of the control if you havnt seen it. So it counts for 6. And on the joystick theres a Z button too.

About the nes looking one, im sure you would have to flip it aside to play the nes or snes games. smile

There's also an a & b on the top of remote as well, and I don't think that would work for the SNES games. The top of the Revolution is a flip piece & inside is 4 GC controller ports, so I assume you use the GC controller to play the downloaded games, since the GC controller has the SNES buttons, A,B,X,Y, L & R, Z for N64 games, and the C stick for the C buttons.

There is 2 sets of A & B buttons which is kinda strange, but most likely for a reason, also a D pad, the control stick in the attachment, and a button on the attachment, so actually that's 7, plus start, select, & home, most likely from the Wifi internet.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:58 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
, and most likely not shooting, or anything where split second timing counts.

the view moves as fast as you can move your wrist basically..

............ -_-... the console reads directly off of your controller, then visually displays it.. the tv doesnt read your input from the controller or vice versa.. which makes tv size a pointless issue

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 05:03 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote