KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Official "Old-Timers" Thread

The Official "Old-Timers" Thread
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The Official "Old-Timers" Thread

This thread is for the stubborn, dedicated and just mostly because we're poor, old-timers who intend to drag out their current consoles lifespan in order to delay the inevitable uprising of next-generation consoles.

Who's with me!? Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 04:38 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Seeing as my "current console" is more or less my PC, then yes, I'm with you. I don't plan on leaving my PC anytime soon.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 05:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Aye! You'll pry my PS2 from my cold dead fingers! pirate

Last edited by Draco69 on Dec 2nd, 2005 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 05:49 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I Don't plan on leaving my PC or my 16 mb Genisis anytime soon either. Althought I havn't played on my SEGA for over a year or so.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 07:26 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

With Backfire on this one.

PC all the way.
Just a couple of days ago, I was wondering what I'm going to do with my GC and N64 when the Revolution comes out.
Unlike like previous consoles, the Revolution will be the first Nintendo console to have backwards compatibility.
Man, I hate throwing out old consoles.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 08:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Yep.. pc.. lol

as for old consoles.. I usually dont throw them out, as I get nostalgic often..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 12:31 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
This thread is for the stubborn, dedicated and just mostly because we're poor, old-timers who intend to drag out their current consoles lifespan in order to delay the inevitable uprising of next-generation consoles.

Who's with me!? Happy Dance

I'm with you, No next gen until price drop!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 04:33 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm holding out on the next-gens for while.

And speaking of old consoles, I still have our old NES that we got for Christmas in 1988, a few weeks before I turned three. And it still works. And I still play it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 05:35 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Hell no! you Old Timers are just Senile. stick out tongue

But I understand your reasons for sticking to your PC and consoles. Your PC and consoles gave you countless hours of entertainment and fun. Is natural some people will be bound to their favorites.

I had an Atari 7800 two years ago. Finally I sold it just to make room for other stuff. Sometimes you just have to get rid of certain things. sad

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 05:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
I'm holding out on the next-gens for while.

And speaking of old consoles, I still have our old NES that we got for Christmas in 1988, a few weeks before I turned three. And it still works. And I still play it.
o_o... my NES adapter broke before I got an SNES -,-

my oldest console that I own, that works, is sega saturn.. yummy 2d fighting galore.. except the internal battery is dead.. so all my RPG saves went down the shitter.. /cry

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 12:36 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

i still have my atari systems

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 01:23 AM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I still have my NES somewhere in the garage, and I have my super NES and N64 hooked up, still play them from time to time.

Tetris Attack is still great fun, to this day.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 01:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

i use nes only for metroid and duck hunt what ever then game is called

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 01:39 AM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote