KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » How Madden could be better

How Madden could be better
Started by: Pressure

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pressure

How Madden could be better

Well i noticed somethings about Madden that are not fixed every year.One of them is immobile Quarterbacks moving outside of the pocket (Peyton Manning,Brad Johnson,ect). I would also like to know how many times I pressured a QB in superstar mode when I am a Dlinemen (that could be in the stat column). For QBs there should be a panic meter where every time they do get pressured and sacked the meter goes higher and high an when it reaches the top they start to (what else) panick. The QBs that do have happy feet should start to dance (P.Manning,Mcnabb,Bledsoe). The ones that dont shouldnt get them they should merly hurry throws or not panick at all (Brady,...,...,ect). So what do you think?

Old Post May 20th, 2006 10:47 PM
Pressure is currently offline Click here to Send Pressure a Private Message Find more posts by Pressure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

I always liked the 2k sports football games much better........erm I'm still playing nfl 2k5 for the ps2 or x-box....no expression

Old Post May 20th, 2006 11:00 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

For one, they could actually put all the features in the 360 version. erm

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 11:11 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Re: How Madden could be better

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pressure
Well i noticed somethings about Madden that are not fixed every year.One of them is immobile Quarterbacks moving outside of the pocket (Peyton Manning,Brad Johnson,ect). I would also like to know how many times I pressured a QB in superstar mode when I am a Dlinemen (that could be in the stat column). For QBs there should be a panic meter where every time they do get pressured and sacked the meter goes higher and high an when it reaches the top they start to (what else) panick. The QBs that do have happy feet should start to dance (P.Manning,Mcnabb,Bledsoe). The ones that dont shouldnt get them they should merly hurry throws or not panick at all (Brady,...,...,ect). So what do you think?

1. Game would suck if they're was an restriction to immobile QB's. Those QB's occassionally move outside the pocket.

2. In Madden 98, they did have that stat, but realistically, they're isnt an official stat in the NFL that counts for pressuring somebody.

3. Again, wouldnt be fun. Too realistic.

It's a game and they're some things in the game that have to be changed to make it fun.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 03:30 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

I hadn't played madden in a bit cause my copy was all scratched up. That is what you get for having a puppy, but i had a gamefly coupon so i bought it again and started a franchise draft.

Picked up Matt Jones, the guy who was the QB at alabama and now is a wideout for the jaguars. He is really fast and has a great arm, and those stats are reflected in the game, but......

mad HE NEVER CAN THROW THE BALL!!! mad

made me so mad to find out that you can't switch other players to the QB position in the console versions of the last madden. I hope they fix it in the new one.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 02:37 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by FlappingMangera
I hadn't played madden in a bit cause my copy was all scratched up. That is what you get for having a puppy, but i had a gamefly coupon so i bought it again and started a franchise draft.

Picked up Matt Jones, the guy who was the QB at alabama and now is a wideout for the jaguars. He is really fast and has a great arm, and those stats are reflected in the game, but......

made me so mad to find out that you can't switch other players to the QB position in the console versions of the last madden. I hope they fix it in the new one.

Why would you want Matt Jones to be your QB anyways?

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 07:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

is madden worth getting for the old xbox? ive never really played it before, but as far as sports games go i like games like winning eleven and pro evolution soccer.

should i buy it?

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 07:26 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

matt jones would be a bad QB. Second try going into the rosters and edit Matt Jones and change his position to QB

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 10:00 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Originally posted by Phat J
is madden worth getting for the old xbox? ive never really played it before, but as far as sports games go i like games like winning eleven and pro evolution soccer.

should i buy it?

Madden's great game--especially if you haven't played it. It's good football game to learn on, and the controls feel natural. Anybody who has even a slight interest in the game can pick it up and be decent in a short time.
As far as the problems go, I think they've worked out most of the kinks by now, huh? I haven't even bought one since '94. Do they have create a player? If so, Smasandian, just create your own boss 1st round pick from whatever state you like...make him a great passer and scrambler. If they don't have it, keep trying or pick a better team and/or playa.
There's a way around that--I guarantee it.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:18 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not the one who has the problem, but yes they have a create a player, I think since 98's version.

Good thing about Madden is that if you do an fantasy draft, who can still create your own player afterwords. Great feature. I hate in most games, you create your player before, so you have to draft him.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 06:43 PM
PINBALL

There are some things they could fix, like make truck stick a little less affective cause right now its too easy to dominate but other than that I ****in love that game

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:53 AM
PINBALL is currently offline Click here to Send PINBALL a Private Message Find more posts by PINBALL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Originally posted by forumcrew
matt jones would be a bad QB. Second try going into the rosters and edit Matt Jones and change his position to QB

Why would matt jones be a bad QB? He was pretty good in college, and his madden stats are suited to a QB.

He's faster than vick in the game, would be fun to play with him.

Second, like i said in my post, the most recent madden on console does not let you switch any other postion to QB. Check it out, that is what i was saying sucks.

No opportunities for a guy like randle el to throw the ball.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:03 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why would matt jones be a bad QB? He was pretty good in college, and his madden stats are suited to a QB.

He's faster than vick in the game, would be fun to play with him.

Second, like i said in my post, the most recent madden on console does not let you switch any other postion to QB. Check it out, that is what i was saying sucks.

No opportunities for a guy like randle el to throw the ball.

Well, I cant tell you what his stats are but if thier in the 70's, that aint good.

And also, just because he played good in college does not mean he will be good in the NFL.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 05:30 PM
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, I cant tell you what his stats are but if thier in the 70's, that aint good.

And also, just because he played good in college does not mean he will be good in the NFL.

Speed of 93 and acceleration of 88, would make it fun to play with him at QB. It would just be a different offense, I wouldn't be throwing 50 yard passes, so his passing stats in the 70's would be more than sufficient.

anyway, the point has nothing to do with the merits of matt jones as a QB. My point was that it sucks that you can't switch any other players positions to QB in the last madden, and that i hope they change it in the next one

Old Post May 25th, 2006 06:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So why do you want him as your QB if you dont want to throw?

It does suck, but heck, it's an videogame.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 02:04 AM
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Originally posted by Smasandian
So why do you want him as your QB if you dont want to throw?

It does suck, but heck, it's an videogame.

LOL, the title of the thread is "how madden could be better"

I would still throw sometimes with him, mostly just run, with the running backs running paterns in the flats to dump it off to him.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 01:51 PM
forumcrew

Speed of 93 and acceleration of 88, would make it fun to play with him at QB. It would just be a different offense, I wouldn't be throwing 50 yard passes, so his passing stats in the 70's would be more than sufficient.

anyway, the point has nothing to do with the merits of matt jones as a QB. My point was that it sucks that you can't switch any other players positions to QB in the last madden, and that i hope they change it in the next one

i dont think it sucks at all because it would just make no sense to do. Madden trys to keep their game realistic. Tons of guys were good in college and couldnt even get to the NFL let alone be good in the NFL. If you want to be able to just juke and jive with a speedy guy and do arcady things play NFL Street or a Blitz game, its not what maddens about.

Just for reference his pass stats are 78 power, 70 accuracy, awareness 53 which is huge for this game.
Also he is not faster than Vick in the game:
Vick is speed 94, Agility 85, Accel 95
Jones is speed 93, agility 89, accel 88

This is all by the latest updates.

One final note, Matt Jones would be the WORST QB in the game based on his pass stats, Even the worst FA would be a better QB than he would.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 05:17 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

we are doin a KMC fantasy football league, and need 1 more I figured this may be a good place to find someone. If your interested PM me asap.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 07:58 PM
§P0oONY

Madden would be better if it didn't feature such a terrible sport.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 09:38 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

and you might be better if you werent a closed minded deuche bag. Perhaps youd prefer a game where penalty kicks decide champions?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 10:15 PM