KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » civilisation or alpha centauri?

civilisation or alpha centauri?
Started by: vanice

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vanice
traceur

civilisation or alpha centauri?

I'm a huge fan of both of these games. But I can't decide who's the best. I think civ has a better storyline ant more realistic units and inventions (of course!! they all existed) but alpha has got some realy cool stuff, like the workshop. Why can't you construct your own units in other games. It's realy cool. I realy hope they make an Alpha Centauri 2 someday with better graphics then the first one. I would be the first to buy it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 04:24 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Alpha Centauri alwaysa got my vote

1. More immersive. The interface is fantastic for this

2. Good use of quotes, speech and vid material to pull you into the discovery side of the game

3. Perfect length for a multiplayer run.

And yes- they should make a new AC with the latest Civ engine, which is very good.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 05:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

one thing about "AC" is the uneversity of planet team, they are simoly teh best, you can't loose if you are them.

1. you get one free technology with makes yuo win.

2. And you get a free network node in every city.

3. And your discovery rate is way above others so if you have to fight you have the best weapons and you win.

so next time, sid meyer, try to make the teames moore even.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 07:03 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, that's not our experience.

At proper difficulty levels- especially in multiplayer- the University has two major drawbacks. First of all, they are open season for people to steal techs from them.

Secondly- and this is why the difficulty has to be high- they are so bloody miserable it can become a semi-regular occurence for their cities to defect to a different side.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2006 10:52 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

well, never played a multiplaye game. but I've never fought a good university team, still I play best with them. what's your favourite team?

Old Post May 27th, 2006 04:02 PM