KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » I call out to thee, smart people of Digital Camera World.

I call out to thee, smart people of Digital Camera World.
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I call out to thee, smart people of Digital Camera World.

I am in the market for a new digital camera. Which one looks like it'd be the best buy?

Canon Powershot S2-IS
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/c...shot_s2-review/

Canon Powershot S3-IS
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/c...-review/#buynow

Olympus Stylus 800
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/o...iew/index.shtml

It's a grad present (one of em). I was leaning toward the Canon, preferably the S3 since it's the newer model. My dad mentioned the Olympus and it looks to be an overall pretty nice camera as well, especially the weatherproofness, since I'm going to be up in snowy/cold/rainy Vermont for college. Any opinions?

Old Post May 28th, 2006 05:39 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I personally would say go with the S2. The S3 is the newer model, yes, but the only real difference is that it's 6MP instead of 5, which in the end is not going to be much of a difference at all. Both cameras allow you to put on different lenses, which is always good for taking photos. Personally I don't care for the Olympus, but that's simply because I don't like small cameras. Cameras are a case where smaller's not always better, because when they're small they're harder to hold, plus as they weigh less any shaking of the camera is MUCH more visible.

So I would say the Canon S2, and then take the extra money that the S3 would have cost for a larger memory card, and maybe a lens converter and a telephoto lens.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 28th, 2006 05:59 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote