KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Things that Piss You Off

Things that Piss You Off
Started by: Smasandian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Things that Piss You Off

Just finished playing FIFA World Cup 2006 and they're was something in the game that made me really mad. So I tried to find a thread about it, but no such luck. So I created a thread about things that piss you off when it comes to games. Stuff that just literally makes you throw the controller.
Thread to vent in. Or rant.
Or a thread to warn people about stuff.

So this is what pissed me off.

Bought the game after reading an review and played the demo. I wondered if it had a create-a-player option like every other sports game. (Had an idea to create this incredible striker and midfielder for Canada), so I looked on the net about it and I found that it did.

I looked around and around to create this player, but no such luck. They're wasnt an option, so I went online again to see if I'm dumb or not...but alas I'm not. EA decided to put an create-a-player option into all the other versions except the XBOX 360's....what the **** is that? It's not like it's tough to put an option that was included to other copies....it's just so frustrating..
Afterthat, I decided to play as England. So, I started the mode, and I wanted to change the formation and stuff and change players because they had shit reserves playing for the team. So I wanted to replace Alan Smith with Michael Carrick...but in true EA fashion, there isnt an option to change him. You can insert Alan Smith into the subs line, or the starting 11, but you couldnt change him for an reserve player. You dont even see his name. Then I went to player stats, and guess who was there, thats right, Carrick. The overall story is that EA's lineup is pretty much the only lineup your allowed.
Sure, you can change the team on the main menu away from the mode, and save it, but once you get into the actual mode, the team reverts back into original EA's lineup.
If anybody knows a way to change this, please let me know.

Does anybody else have an rant about something they saw in the game?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:15 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

What pisses me off is BFME 1 and 2.

BFME 1: The fact that if you are playing against a computer (Hard) they get Balrog/Army of the Dead out in 6 minutes and they seem to never run out of resources.

BFME 2: They always know where all my lumber mills, farms, slaughter houses, basically anything that gives you resources, they some how always know exactly where to find them. I made a lumber mill far out of the way in High Pass and yet they somehow knew 100% where it was.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:38 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

The one-shot kills that Jackals have in Halo 2 Legendary.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 07:00 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

crappy A.I. that doesnt even try to hide how bad it is...

it could be any game really.. soccer.. fighting... racing..

you poke a pixel out you get headshotted.. you try a 10-hit combo they block all of it without a sweat.. you think you had the ball in that soccer game til they steal it and kick a field goal from all the way across the arena... they get that sudden burst of speed an pass you up in that racing game

its like they pretend to be stupid until you threaten to beat them, then they go godmode.. auto aim.. autopilot.. read your controller movements, and whatever other crap they use to trash your existence.. and all out of nowhere...

thats mostly the crap that gets me mad

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 08:30 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Cheap Bosses/A.I. - Cheap bosses can be seen in almost every fighting game ever made, the best examples are Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive 4. The bosses have more moves, do more damage, and are faster than any other characters and have an inherent advantage. It's such a lazy way of creating a challenge, one that occurs way too much. Cheap AI can be seen in many a FPS game. Farcry suffered a bit from this, but the original Ghost Recon was the main offender that I can remember. Their aim was perfect, which doesn't make sense seeing as most enemies in these games are just untrained terrorists or something. Yet they have the ability to shoot me directly in the head from a a mile away. Cheap AI is also in fighting games as well. Usually on the hard mode, you'll encounter computer controlled fighters that know what you're doing way sooner than is reasonable. You push up and forward and kick to do a jump kick, and they're in the air to counter the move the second the machine processes it. Again, just a lazy way of trying to create a challenge.

The tank rush in RTS games is beyond lame. Thankfully most new RTS games have systems that don't allow the generic 'build as many tanks as possible as fast as possible and rush'. There are now easy counters, as there should be, to such a lazy and unskilled strategy.

Spawn Camping or just camping in general - What can be said about this that isn't already known? It keeps games long, boring and redundant. The only good thing about this is that by camping the player basically submits that they suck and have to play it safe to not die all the time. Go get some skill or go play a ****ing MMO where skill doesn't matter.

"Me too games". These are just games that are copying another original/popular game. The current trend in this category is the ghetto game, inspired by San Andreas.

Every Japanese RPG thinking it's Final Fantasy. Yeah, stop forcing cheesy real world metaphors into your games. It works in FF, it doesn't work for you.

The sad/quiet protagonist. Started by Cloud, further digressed by Squall. Thankfully, somewhat destroyed by Tidus. Still, a lot of RPG's think that it makes their games deeper or more complex if the main character ***** off all the time or is "depressed". I don't play RPG's to play as an emo. Take some Prozac and go to sleep.

WWII games. Killing Nazi's has officially gone down the toilet. It's okay in some of the good series (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor) but there are so many copy cat WWII games that it's become a joke.

Game delays - AKA 'The Duke Nukem Forever' or the Final Fantasy XII. Got a game you're excited for that's supposed to be coming out in the next year or so? Think again, the next Star Wars movie will be out before it. Why will it be delayed? Because the company is too stupid to do their job properly and correctly project when their game will be playable. It's even happening with game demos. The soon to be released game 'Prey' was supposed to have a demo released simultaneously on the 360 and the PC. But oopsy! It looks like some lazy piece of crap didn't bother testing the demo until an hour before it was supposed to be released and realized that the 360 version was broken to some horrible extent. Literally every big game is delayed these days. This has even spread to games that most people don't really give a shit about. The recently released Jaws game was delayed for over a year. Dead Rising has been delayed for several months and will probably suck. If no one cares initially about your game, then delaying it is only ensuring it's poor sales.

Last edited by BackFire on Jun 23rd, 2006 at 08:55 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 08:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Cheap Bosses/A.I. - Cheap bosses can be seen in almost every fighting game ever made, the best examples are Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive 4. The bosses have more moves, do more damage, and are faster than any other characters and have an inherent advantage. It's such a lazy way of creating a challenge, one that occurs way too much. Cheap AI can be seen in many a FPS game. Farcry suffered a bit from this, but the original Ghost Recon was the main offender that I can remember. Their aim was perfect, which doesn't make sense seeing as most enemies in these games are just untrained terrorists or something. Yet they have the ability to shoot me directly in the head from a a mile away. Cheap AI is also in fighting games as well. Usually on the hard mode, you'll encounter computer controlled fighters that know what you're doing way sooner than is reasonable. You push up and forward and kick to do a jump kick, and they're in the air to counter the move the second the machine processes it. Again, just a lazy way of trying to create a challenge.

The tank rush in RTS games is beyond lame. Thankfully most new RTS games have systems that don't allow the generic 'build as many tanks as possible as fast as possible and rush'. There are now easy counters, as there should be, to such a lazy and unskilled strategy.

Spawn Camping or just camping in general - What can be said about this that isn't already known? It keeps games long, boring and redundant. The only good thing about this is that by camping the player basically submits that they suck and have to play it safe to not die all the time. Go get some skill or go play a ****ing MMO where skill doesn't matter.

"Me too games". These are just games that are copying another original/popular game. The current trend in this category is the ghetto game, inspired by San Andreas.

Every Japanese RPG thinking it's Final Fantasy. Yeah, stop forcing cheesy real world metaphors into your games. It works in FF, it doesn't work for you.

The sad/quiet protagonist. Started by Cloud, further digressed by Squall. Thankfully, somewhat destroyed by Tidus. Still, a lot of RPG's think that it makes their games deeper or more complex if the main character ***** off all the time or is "depressed". I don't play RPG's to play as an emo. Take some Prozac and go to sleep.

WWII games. Killing Nazi's has officially gone down the toilet. It's okay in some of the good series (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor) but there are so many copy cat WWII games that it's become a joke.

Game delays - AKA 'The Duke Nukem Forever' or the Final Fantasy XII. Got a game you're excited for that's supposed to be coming out in the next year or so? Think again, the next Star Wars movie will be out before it. Why will it be delayed? Because the company is too stupid to do their job properly and correctly project when their game will be playable. It's even happening with game demos. The soon to be released game 'Prey' was supposed to have a demo released simultaneously on the 360 and the PC. But oopsy! It looks like some lazy piece of crap didn't bother testing the demo until an hour before it was supposed to be released and realized that the 360 version was broken to some horrible extent. Literally every big game is delayed these days. This has even spread to games that most people don't really give a shit about. The recently released Jaws game was delayed for over a year. Dead Rising has been delayed for several months and will probably suck. If no one cares initially about your game, then delaying it is only ensuring it's poor sales.
To add to the bottom of your post, certain games could've benifitted frmo Delaying, such as KOTOR II. An extra three months or four could've done wonders... so to be honest, I can keep my britches on long enough to survive one or two delays, though the Duke Nukem Forever thing is just... $@#%ing extreme.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 09:03 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
crappy A.I. that doesnt even try to hide how bad it is...

it could be any game really.. soccer.. fighting... racing..

you poke a pixel out you get headshotted.. you try a 10-hit combo they block all of it without a sweat.. you think you had the ball in that soccer game til they steal it and kick a field goal from all the way across the arena... they get that sudden burst of speed an pass you up in that racing game

its like they pretend to be stupid until you threaten to beat them, then they go godmode.. auto aim.. autopilot.. read your controller movements, and whatever other crap they use to trash your existence.. and all out of nowhere...

thats mostly the crap that gets me mad

Well look at it like this. You're training so you can get better and be able to beat your friends with ease.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 10:38 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

The bombs in Hexic.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 08:32 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire

To go even futher, the one thing frustrates me is how games suddenly go into super hard mode and you cant beat it because it cheats.....oh that soooooo angers me... cant thing of anything off the top of my head, but it really really annoying. I dont mind a challenge but I hate it that happens.

It's nice to see that everybody else gets so mad about something, I thought this thread would be an waste of time..

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 01:50 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

When I die in PvP playing World of Warcraft because of lag.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 05:22 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Lag in ****ing gneral.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 05:28 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, yah rarely see somebody who likes lag...haha

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:44 AM
steverules
The doctor

Star wars's ep III for gameboy. I'm on the Mustafaar system I get to the droid battle tank but I swear there is no way to get past it. I have tried everything. But nothing works.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 11:50 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, yah rarely see somebody who likes lag...haha

The f*cktards who exploited that in Halo 2 before it was fixed.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 03:55 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Originally posted by DarkC
The f*cktards who exploited that in Halo 2 before it was fixed.
Standbying?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:00 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Star Wars Battlefront 2, when you have almost all the command posts and you have about 10 reinforcements while the enemy has 40. SOmetimes you loose just to loose, no reason. I swear I could take down those 40 myself, but sometimes I just loose, even when I still have reinforcements.....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:16 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by NineCoronas
Standbying?

I think so.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:17 PM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

This is really small, but the Music in some game. The Music really sucks laughing out loud

But on another side, I really hated those people who screamed with the really high pitched voices, which was really hard in the ears.

Or those people who would Spawn Kill....

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:18 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Things that piss me off, game wise:

(These have all actually happened to me.)

1.) Being spawn killed by an AWP. (Counter-strike)
2.) Being KO'ed by the 100th man in the hundred man melee. (SSBM)
3.) Failing in the last fifteen seconds of a seven minute song on heavy difficulty. (DDR)
4.) Surviving the third boss miraculously with one life left, then being bitten by a stupid BAT in the next level. (House of the Dead 2)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:46 PM
The Overmaster
The Stranger

Originally posted by DarkC
Things that piss me off, game wise:

(These have all actually happened to me.)

1.) Being spawn killed by an AWP. (Counter-strike)
2.) Being KO'ed by the 100th man in the hundred man melee. (SSBM)
3.) Failing in the last fifteen seconds of a seven minute song on heavy difficulty. (DDR)
4.) Surviving the third boss miraculously with one life left, then being bitten by a stupid BAT in the next level. (House of the Dead 2)

LOL! You have no idea how many times I pulled out my hair and hit my concrete floor as hard as i could (nearly breaking my hand) because of stupid crap like that.

Last edited by The Overmaster on Jun 25th, 2006 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 01:28 AM
The Overmaster is currently offline Click here to Send The Overmaster a Private Message Find more posts by The Overmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote