KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Ports, good or bad?

Do you like ports?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 2 28.57%
No 3 42.86%
Yes, if I haven't played it before. 2 28.57%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ports, good or bad?
Started by: Sai1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sai1

Ports, good or bad?

In general do you like to play ports?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 03:57 PM
Sai1 is currently offline Click here to Send Sai1 a Private Message Find more posts by Sai1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

confused

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 04:22 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

ports???

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 04:29 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sai1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by El_NINO
ports???

Ports of games.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 04:35 PM
Sai1 is currently offline Click here to Send Sai1 a Private Message Find more posts by Sai1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Sai means Imports.

Games from overseas. And I've played one or two imports a while back. One was a dbz import game for the psone, and the other was the fourth Naruto fighting game on the gamecube.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 06:00 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sai1

Originally posted by Quincy Archer
Sai means Imports.

Games from overseas. And I've played one or two imports a while back. One was a dbz import game for the psone, and the other was the fourth Naruto fighting game on the gamecube.

Actually I don't. I mean games released on multi-platforms or a another version of a game that already exists.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 06:20 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I had secret of mana and uhhhh...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 06:20 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

imports are not the same as ports...

a port would be like halo 2 coming to pc... any game thats cut copied and pasted to another system with very little or no changes made

i.e. final fantasy 7 and 8 were ported to PC

lately theres no reason to import games... no good jp only games that I could see

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 06:32 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
imports are not the same as ports...

a port would be like halo 2 coming to pc... any game thats cut copied and pasted to another system with very little or no changes made

i.e. final fantasy 7 and 8 were ported to PC

lately theres no reason to import games... no good jp only games that I could see

What about the Tales Of series, half of which aren't even in the US? Star Ocean 1?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 06:50 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I cant say I dabble in rpgs outside of the critically acclaimed... cuz its like a gamble.. stuff I imported was like bushido blade... various dragonball games... king of fighters... fatal fury : realbout special... the one rpg I did import was soukaigi... great story but horrible graphics / gameplay

I'm thinking by ports he means if the game is on another system and you couldnt play it, but it gets transferred over to the system you own

(like Resident Evil 4)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 07:03 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sai1

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

I'm thinking by ports he means if the game is on another system and you couldnt play it, but it gets transferred over to the system you own

(like Resident Evil 4)

Yes.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 07:33 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Generally not. I play the original version, no need to play a dumbed down, compromised version as well.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 08:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

a good rpg is legaia 2....but that has nothing to do with this

if you mean games that are transfered and beat down in gameplay and graphics and storyline, then no i think they're ugly

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 08:12 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I voted "if i hadnt played it before"... since diablo 1 was cool on ps1 because I hadnt played it for pc.. those kinds of situations make ports nice... but lazy half-assed ports make me wanna vom

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 08:23 AM
Null

Naruto 4 for GC, and Jump superstars for Ds, also Bleach..all good

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 08:46 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

depeneds on whether they are tailored or just emulated. The Zelda Collector's set and master quest disk were the latter and are really crap when played on gamecube hardware.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 08:52 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

House of the dead on PC owns, and I love my NES emulator..

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 10:55 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

If it's something I really want but don't have the system, I'll get the ported version.

And on the imports thing...ultimately, nearly every game released in the US is an import.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 03:23 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by Darth Jello
depeneds on whether they are tailored or just emulated. The Zelda Collector's set and master quest disk were the latter and are really crap when played on gamecube hardware.

They seem to be emulated fine if you ask me. Zelda 1 had all the original tricks and such. Master Quest was fine considering it was only released in Japan, so unless you imported, how would you compare how it is crap or not? confused

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 08:54 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There's more and more American made games ever year.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 09:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote