KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Saints Row

Are you getting Saints Row?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yeah. 13 72.22%
Nah. 1 5.56%
Sitting on the fence about this one. 4 22.22%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saints Row
Started by: Daedalus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Cool Saints Row

I got the demo off the 360 Marketplace a couple of days ago, and I play it more than my other games.

The gameplay is awesome, its good to see that there's finally a game out there that could compete with the GTA series, and it has online multiplayer too! eek!

Anyone else pre-ordered this game yet?

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 02:02 AM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm going to wait and see if it's good or not.

The demo is alright but I got a few things that quirked me.
1. It's too much like GTA, especially San Andreas.
2. I hope the main characters speaks, because the type of gameplay doesnt really bode well with the whole Half Life cinematic perspective.
3. Maybe its my TV, but the driving feels incredibly loose.
4. The mains problems I found about GTA, are present in Saints Row, especially the crappy shooting mechanics and the draw distance.

I do like how next gen brings the atmosphere of this type of game in more with somewhat realistic car damaging and much better graphics, but I'm going to wait and see to buy it.

It brings me to wonder how Rockstar will do with GTA4.

Overall, the game feels solid to play, and Ill probably pick up if its good and

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 04:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

If I get a 360, I'm getting this.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 06:43 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I liked it but as Smas said, it has some problems but I'm gonna get it, should make a good replacement before GTA 4 comes out big grin

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 09:01 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I thought the demo was fantabulous. I'm definitely picking this one up.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 02:11 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The demo seems pretty sweet, but like Smas, I'll wait and see when the full game is released.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 08:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

The driving felt wierd, a bit too "swingy", no real physics but the car explosions are so bloody awesome

Oh, have you guys tried the pipe bombs?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 09:48 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yes, I like urban warfare games.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 06:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by IceJaw
The driving felt wierd, a bit too "swingy", no real physics but the car explosions are so bloody awesome

Oh, have you guys tried the pipe bombs?

I had the same feeling also...its really hard for me to turn into a different street while going fast. I guess the decision was to make an semi realisitic driving physics.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 06:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Play the demo on the weekend and I was quite impress with this title. It does feel like a GTA game. I love the physics of the game. When you kill or beat up anyone the body stays there. You can keep punching and kicking the body and it will just change positions. It doesn't disappear...pretty neat. The controllers feel smooth while driving and hijacking cars. I most likely be getting the game.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 02:32 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

if multiplayer is done properly, i can picture this game being very fun

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:21 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Ill be pickin this game up when it comes on sale for sure. Might I add Im lovin the XBOX360 I just bought.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:33 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by El_NINO
Ill be pickin this game up when it comes on sale for sure. Might I add Im lovin the XBOX360 I just bought.

Good good...what games have you played ?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:43 PM
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

I have PGR3, I tried Fight Night and FIFA 2006: Road to World Cup.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:53 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh Road to World Cup is brutal...the new version is alot better.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 07:13 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

The demo was great, but Im worried about the size of the game. GTA-SA gave us an entire state, but this is one city, and since its an obvious GTA clone, that is dissapointing.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 12:50 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think its pretty big....but I dont know, Ill probably end up getting this unless it really sucks...but in terms of size of the place, I dont know how big it is..

Hopefully as big as SA, or have the city, but have country around it like Mafia.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 12:53 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

ONe thing going for the game is the physics, I blew up a car and the door spun off and killed a woman, now that shit is cool. laughing out loud

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 12:59 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

laughing

Same thing happened for me but with a trashbag laughing

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 07:30 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They're is a few things that I like about it but pretty much everything has to do with being next-gen. But what I'm worried about is the missions because the first few kinda blowed. But it is a demo.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 05:12 PM