KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar [merged]

Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar [merged]
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

http://pc.ign.com/objects/012/012112.html

This will be a good game but will it stand against others like World of WarCraft and EverQuest?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 09:34 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tidas
IMF

LOTR online

Ì just wonder when does LOTR online come out in europe?

I tell the truth even when i'm lying

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 12:29 PM
Tidas is currently offline Click here to Send Tidas a Private Message Find more posts by Tidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/midd...0rings%20online

There's no release date set for anywhere yet.

Two seconds of searching found that...we're not a search engine, please.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 03:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

there nothin wrong with makin a thread for it here though.

Also..

"set for release on the PC in November 2006"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 07:03 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I can't wait for Shadows of Angmar to come out

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 09:45 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tidas
IMF

Oki Thanks.

I tell the truth even when i'm lying

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 12:19 PM
Tidas is currently offline Click here to Send Tidas a Private Message Find more posts by Tidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar.

(First off, I decided to make a new thread instead of posting in any of the 4-5 old threads because none of those had any useful information or discussion in them).

So now that this game has been released, has anyone tried it yet? I might be interested in this game if it turns out to have a better end-game then World of Warcraft. And from the reviews and movies I have seen so far it looks good. Even though it has a monthly fee like WoW (same price even).

So, for those of u who have tried it. How is it? And could anyone try to compare it up to games like WOW?

For those of u who haven't heard of it check out these sites:

North American site
European site
Gamespot review
IGN review
Note: this is an MMORPG and thus both IGN and Gamespot haven't gotten enough time to fully play the game for full reviews, these are merely Hands on previews.

And here is a lot of gameplay videos and trailers from
GameTrailers

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 6th, 2007 12:53 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Wish i could sad

Old Post May 6th, 2007 11:48 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Merged duplicates. I don't care what your excuse is, do not make duplicate threads.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 7th, 2007 02:06 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Plays like WoW, minus the good PVP combat, from what I've heard.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 02:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

I heard taht there is a kind of PVP but you can choose to play your toons or you can play as the evil side.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 02:36 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Apparently at lvl 10 u can get to a portal where u can control a monster (spider, wolf etc) which is at endgame level. This monster is able to attack other players that are still on their "Good guy" characters. Which seems very good as I found myself wanting to kill Horde rather then Alliance when i was paying WoW as Horde, now u get a chance to get revenge on bad players of same faction.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 05:48 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

I just ordered it, people say it's excellent. Thought they say it plays way too much like WOW and other MMORPG.

The catch in this game is that you get special titles each time you do something or get any awards, and your name will never be left out without a title, which makes everything sound really cool when they talk to you wink

Added to that, the graphics are really good I heard, and that the interactiveness is good too. LOTS of quest, and I think "Gamespot" said it has more sidequests than even WOW. I'm sure it'll hold it's ground, and be a game played for a long time, but it will be on the "Guild Wars" level of MMORPG, while WoW will remain the Titan.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post May 16th, 2007 02:02 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is sad because I hate WoW and love Lotr.

Old Post May 16th, 2007 02:04 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i really wasnt a fan at all in beta and quickly gave up the beta for vanguard beta. I must say im pretty shocked that the reviews for it have been very good.

Old Post May 16th, 2007 02:29 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

My flat mate had this in beta and I played it a bit, and was engrossed. Nothing truly original and innovative and it does play very much like WoW, but even if you aren't a fan of WoW, that should not put you off.

In it's favour, it's a well made, well run game with some truly involving and epic quests, a great engine with a nicely forming community. A must have for any Tolkien fan really, and worth checking out if you play a few MMO's.

Apparently it sold more copies off the shelf in it's first week than WoW did.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 16th, 2007 09:46 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So basically a good replacement for someone who are sick of WoW after playing it for over 1.5 years (1-70 and some low level alts)?

Old Post May 16th, 2007 01:28 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

We wants it!

Old Post May 16th, 2007 03:35 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
So basically a good replacement for someone who are sick of WoW after playing it for over 1.5 years (1-70 and some low level alts)?

Exactly.

Think WoW in a LOTR world. Thats why I'm getting it, I found WoW's world stupid and I got bored of it really fast.

Well, once i'll get it i'll tell you guys if I like it or not wink

Edit:

I also have more information ont he "Hunt" PvP type.

You get to pick which monster you wanna play including Uruk Reavers(Uruk Swordsmen), Uruk Blackarrows (Uruk Archers), Warleaders, or Spiders. You can attack/defend different castles which either the other side control, or the other side is attacking. I'm not sure about "The Other Side" thought, their called "The Free People" and i'm not sure if their players or NPC, and if you get to play them.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Last edited by Spidervlad on May 16th, 2007 at 06:55 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2007 06:48 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini

Yes, I'd say it was. Personally, I played SW:G for 3 and a half years out of habit, but now I've jumped ship and have no worries.

The first free update has already been announced with 60 new quests, 9 sets of unqiue armour to obtain, new battlefields and new creatures to fight.

Old Post May 16th, 2007 07:38 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote