KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Blacksite: Area 51

Blacksite: Area 51
Started by: Burnt Pancakes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blacksite: Area 51

I downloaded the demo off X-Box live Marketplace and was really impressed. The graphics are superb, and the mood, controls, and action were also really good. The game's slated to come out this summer.

http://pc.ign.com/objects/879/879346.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/849/849458.html

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/759/759053p2.html

Old Post May 12th, 2007 02:09 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

i'm downloading it as of now stick out tongue

Old Post May 12th, 2007 03:54 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The demo is super short, like five minutes long. But it's fun. I'll be getting this when it comes out.

Old Post May 12th, 2007 04:02 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

only 5 minutes for 500 something MB?? O.o seems odd...

Old Post May 12th, 2007 04:06 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah...

I've gone crazy with these demos quite recently, though. I've downloaded liek 5 different ones in the last 4 hours.

Old Post May 12th, 2007 04:15 AM
an_old_wonderer

5 diff demos of what stick out tongue thought there's only 1 for area 51

Old Post May 12th, 2007 04:19 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Is this demo an region exclusive?

I didnt mind the first one. Wasnt great at all, but it was fun, but ****ing tough near the end of the game.

Excellent first couple of levels though....where you go through the complex and get attacked all the time.

Old Post May 12th, 2007 04:33 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K73SK
5 diff demos of what stick out tongue thought there's only 1 for area 51

Well, I already beat the Blacksite demo, and the 99 Nights demo. I'm playing Midway: Battlestations demo on multiplayer, and then I have a few more...

Old Post May 12th, 2007 04:46 AM
Estacado
Legendary

This game looks exciting.

Bankai.

Old Post May 12th, 2007 12:54 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Yeah I thought it looked awesome too. Too bad I'm waiting for my 360 to get repiard so I can't play the demo.

Old Post May 12th, 2007 03:12 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's the trailor and demo walkthrough, btw.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/...458/vids_1.html

Last edited by Final Blaxican on May 12th, 2007 at 06:04 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2007 05:56 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Anyone one played the previous Area 51?
(I think it came out for ps2)

Bankai.

Old Post May 12th, 2007 06:02 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I bought it, played it, beat it, loved it.

The beggining was the best part story wise, as your squad mates all died greusome deaths one by one, and you got to watch.

Old Post May 12th, 2007 06:09 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Same here.
I think I'm gonna buy this one aswell just because the previous was awesome.

Bankai.

Old Post May 12th, 2007 06:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I liked the first one.

Straight up action movie.

This was, well, alright. Pretty cool graphics, seemed like an cool setting and the story seemed like it was pretty neat. Enemies looked pretty gool and the action was pretty decent. Definitly an rental, or if its an budget game, I would buy it.

One thing I didnt like was the idea of the squads. I dont mind fighting around with guys like the first one, but why do I have too control them. That's soo last year and it didnt seem that well implemented.

I rather just have them fighting with me.
I know....what made the last one redeemable was that it was an straight up action game...and those are getting rare nowadays.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 03:52 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

demo = too short, need more to be impressed...graphics & physics are AMAZING though

Old Post May 13th, 2007 04:14 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I like it as a demo.

Short, shows what the game is about, shows how the game plays, shows the graphics and some of the scenes are pretty cool.

Makes me want to play it.

I like big demo's too, but sometimes short demo were more effectively.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 05:30 AM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Looks awesome, I got the demo but haven't played it yet. Coz now it's Formula 1 so I gotta watch it. I hope it won't cost much since I only want to have fun a little. I also think the Area 51's multiplayer sucked so let's hope they've done some better job on this one's multi.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 12:00 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

demo's = 0 M$ points

Old Post May 13th, 2007 04:57 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Definitly an rental, or if its an budget game, I would buy it.

One thing I didnt like was the idea of the squads. I dont mind fighting around with guys like the first one, but why do I have too control them. That's soo last year and it didnt seem that well implemented.

I rather just have them fighting with me.
I know....what made the last one redeemable was that it was an straight up action game...and those are getting rare nowadays.

Well, I think they made it so that you don't have to keep too tight a leash on them. They will follow you, and fight for you no matter what you tell them to do, I think the only time you need to control them is if you ned to open a locked door, or you want to kill one particular enemy.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 05:15 PM