KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Which do you like better for gamming, console's or PCs

Which do you like better
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PCs 5 33.33%
Consoles 10 66.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which do you like better for gamming, console's or PCs
Started by: fanboy 1988

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fanboy 1988

Which do you like better for gamming, console's or PCs

There was a big debate about this on another forum I was on, both groups made good points...

I prefer consoles just because I don't have to worry about upgrading every few months, but once in a while I play on PCs..

Old Post May 31st, 2007 11:12 PM
fanboy 1988 is currently offline Click here to Send fanboy 1988 a Private Message Find more posts by fanboy 1988 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I believe the objective and correct answer is that it depends on the genre. PC's are better for FPS games, Real Time Strategy Games, and MMO's, along with hack and slash games like Diablo, and the "hardcore" RPG's, like Baldur's Gate and Fallout.

Consoles are better for fighting games, Action Adventure games, sports games, and racing games and Japanese RPGs (Final Fantasy and such).

I enjoy both mediums equally. Anyone who says one is better than the other all around is bias, ignorant, or lying. Both have their positives and negatives, and both are better at some things than the other.

Last edited by BackFire on May 31st, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2007 11:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm bore of PC, Console and handheld.

Time to play some good ole fashion Pinball machine. wink

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 01:31 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I personally don't like playing games on the PC that much - very little for it that I'm interested in playing that I can't get on a console, I dislike the controls, and I just plain don't have a computer that can play most games anyway. I prefer consoles.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 01:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i prefer console, my pc i just wanna use to msn, facebook or myspace and check out forums like this and whatever gaming news.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 03:20 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I'm a diehard PC fan (I build 'em, for christs sake). But for most games I prefer consoles. Console games almost always work smoother then PC games, because console games are made completely for the console and it's limitations, while PC games are made and have a certain requirements that your computer has to work to.

For consoles you just buy the game and play it. For PC games you buy the game, and may have to uplaod new patches, upgrade to a newer video card etc.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 04:22 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I ****ing love PC games.

Something about the experience makes it alot better for me. I dont know why, it just does. Maybe, its because PC game developers try to push the limits of graphics, sound and with those increased limits can do some pretty crazy shit (AAA developers at least)

I get completely lost in PC games, and considering I'm an huge fan of FPS..its kinda of obvious why I like PC games.

I like console also, but not as equally. I just love games in general and thats why I have both.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 05:00 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I believe the objective and correct answer is that it depends on the genre. PC's are better for FPS games, Real Time Strategy Games, and MMO's, along with hack and slash games like Diablo, and the "hardcore" RPG's, like Baldur's Gate and Fallout.

I have to disagree with you on Real Time Strategy Games because I played Battle for Middle-Earth II on the 360 and it was very easy to understand and play.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 05:24 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Dude, its 1 game. Your also forgetting thats its an PC game too.

Compared to the countless games on the PC for real time strategy, I would say if your an RTS fan, PC is best medium for it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 06:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Definitely Consoles.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 07:42 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EFFPS

Depends on the game, since my video card isn't amazing, I have to resort to the console for the latest games. Like Spiderman 3 etc.

However, for FPS games like Counter Strike, I prefer the PC version.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 02:28 AM
EFFPS is currently offline Click here to Send EFFPS a Private Message Find more posts by EFFPS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Upgrade every few months? 2 years ago I bought a computer, by that time it was one of the best. Gefore 6600 Video Card, and stuff. RIght now, I still play all the games that come out, with graphics on "High."

Company of Heroes, LOTROmessedhadows of Angmar, BF 2142, You name them.

Althought I have a PS3 and a 360, I don't play them as much as I play PC. I play my PC all the time, it just gives me a better experience.

Its easier to get help on a PC, easier to fix a PC, most players on PC are actually "Normal" unlike Xbox 360. It is also easier to patch a game on the PC, and I just love the controls. I'm so used to the keyboard and the mouse that when I got my first console it took me a while to get used to the joystick.

I find that all games on the PC work well, and the graphics are usually better on the PC as well. The "smoothness" depends on your video card. Its easy as hell to chat on the PC as well. If your a fast typer, that is. Almost all games on PC have a Multiplayer compatibility.

If people didn't have to get an expensive computer to play all the new games, then I'm sure EVERYONE would favor computers over consoles. More and more video cards are out, and I like that, because then the producers of game try to make the graphics better and better, while on the consoles it will be limited by the console.

Maybe i'm saying all this because I first got my own computer when I was 7, and I still use it atleast 2 hours a day.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 04:29 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
If people didn't have to get an expensive computer to play all the new games, then I'm sure EVERYONE would favor computers over consoles.

No, I really doubt that.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 04:54 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I doubt that too because of the differences of gameplay for each system.

But I think he is right saying that you dont need to upgrade your computer every 6 months to play games.

I still had my 9800XT and I can play most games. I cant play them on high settings but I can still play them and they still look pretty damn good.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 06:53 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Playing a console is more conveinant and lesiurely for me. At one time when i was a hardcore gamer i still chose consoles over the Pc, even though the Pc is always the front runner for innovation in gamming, Consoles are always the most streamlined. Even though it will be near impossible for a console to ever out rank the Pc as far as cutting edge in graphics or gameplay goes, it seems as though it is almost getting an edge on the pc as of late, however, one thing about consoles is that the technology always becomes old, and the software on Pc's is ever advancing. So, if its cutting edge you want, PC is your route, If it's intuition and conveinance you want...The console is your machine.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 11:49 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Consoles all the way, baby.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 04:35 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Consoles are a better investment... PC's date quickly, leading to a need for upgrades and such. Consoles are almost guaranteed to last for a few years.

I perfer PCs for shooters though.... Bless the mouse and all it's wonder.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 04:57 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
No, I really doubt that.

I don't... erm

PCs are far nicer to use for pretty much every genre.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 04:59 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Exactly. If you didn't have to upgrade your computer all the time, beileve me, everyone would use it. PC's can be used well for any genre, while having good control schemes. I hate the limit on a joystick, and when the producers start making all these weird things (Press L3, O, and R2) while the keyboard has so many keys that you won't run out of anything, and it would be very convenient to use it. Especially in Multiplayer, and etc...

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 06:05 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Consoles tend to create a more fun playing enviroment, since multiple people can all play together on the same screen in the same room. But overall I prefer PC games.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 08:12 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote