KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What's the all time best beat em up?

What's the all time best beat em up?
Started by: headrek1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
headrek1

What's the all time best beat em up?

I say these are the best in my opinion: TMNT Arcade games, the Simpsons arcade, the old 80's XMEN (not children of the atom), or fighting force. What are some others?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 05:29 PM
headrek1 is currently offline Click here to Send headrek1 a Private Message Find more posts by headrek1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tekno Boy
Master of the Games

I put my vote behind smash bros. but for classics, you can't go wrong with street fighter

You never know with Hideo

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 05:42 PM
Tekno Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Tekno Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Tekno Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

That SNES game where you play as either Spiderman or Venom and you beat up all these street thugs.

I believe it's Maximum Carnage or some other game.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 05:47 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't go wrong with Super Smash Bros Melee.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 05:49 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
headrek1

Yeah, I do remeber Maximum Carnage. I gotta admit I've never played Smash Bros, what is it? I thought it was a figthing game more than a beat em up. I mean the side-scrolling games where it's wave after wave of enemies. In that case I also gotta nominate Contra, that was hard as hell though.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:16 PM
headrek1 is currently offline Click here to Send headrek1 a Private Message Find more posts by headrek1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Streets of Rage... and Gekido

havent found a beat-em-up to surpass those since their arrival

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:18 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by headrek1
Yeah, I do remeber Maximum Carnage. I gotta admit I've never played Smash Bros, what is it? I thought it was a figthing game more than a beat em up. I mean the side-scrolling games where it's wave after wave of enemies. In that case I also gotta nominate Contra, that was hard as hell though.
Oh I got confused on what you meant by "beat em up".

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:53 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Beat em up! Now!

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:53 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Gekido... it also had a 4player vs mode

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 07:01 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

GREAT POST, YO

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 07:05 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

SSBM and Power Stone 2.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 08:46 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

The Punisher. Not the new one, but the old arcade game.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 09:14 PM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boogerman

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 10:28 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Spiderman and Venom: Seperation Anxiety was an awesome game because you could play as Venom the whole time. By the way, it's the sequel to Spiderman an Venom: Maximum Carnage.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 02:48 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
Spiderman and Venom: Seperation Anxiety was an awesome game because you could play as Venom the whole time. By the way, it's the sequel to Spiderman an Venom: Maximum Carnage.
OH THAT WAS THE ONE I WAS THINKING ABOUT!

I didn't know the name so I just called it Maximum Carnage.

Separation Anxiety was pretty awesome. The first stage is somewhere on the streets at night I think.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 02:56 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

TMNT arcade.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 03:02 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

A TMNT game on the SNES had similar gameplay to Separation Anxiety. It was really fun to play.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 03:06 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

BATTLETOADS

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 03:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Streets of Rage... and Gekido

havent found a beat-em-up to surpass those since their arrival

I seriously thought I was the only person who ever played Gekido. Gekido rocked so hard.

Gekido and Fighting Force 1 get my vote for best beat 'em ups.

Fighting Force 2, is possibly the worst however. I mean....they took out the multiplayer in the 2nd one. What the **** were they thinking?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 06:23 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tekno Boy
Master of the Games

Golden Axe

You never know with Hideo

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 06:53 AM
Tekno Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Tekno Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Tekno Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote