KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mario Kart Wii

Mario Kart Wii
Started by: pinkfloydkor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pinkfloydkor

Smile Mario Kart Wii

super exited about this game, the new karts look awesome

anyone know where you can find that video they showed at E3?

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 01:40 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

You can probably look it up in youtube.

Wii kart hmm? Sounds interesting.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:09 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

yeah i checked, dont think its up yet

if anyone can find it then please post a link, because the new kart style looks really cool and there are NOT 2 people to a kart, so it isnt going to be like double dash

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:13 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

i would get a wii JUST for mario cart and mario party.

But I'm not going to.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:23 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

well then, get it for those 2, plus mario galaxy, SSBB, Metriod prime 3, Zelda TP, SPM, and many more to come big grin

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:26 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanZeke25
i would get a wii JUST for mario cart and mario party.

But I'm not going to.

What?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:34 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Will there be another Zelda for the Wii?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:50 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

there are rumours that another one is already in production, but nothing is confirmed

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:51 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't know why but I find the announcer to be really annoying. Custom Wii Wheel...sounds so hilarious, but it's worth a look.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:53 AM
pinkfloydkor

ahh, it does have buttins on the bottom

looks like a Z button for items

and i think you can choose your cart again because mario is driving a different kart in the live video than he is in the still before the footage starts

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:57 AM
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Mawiio Kart looks great, although I'm little conflicted about the wheel, I've never really cared for those things.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:34 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

well, he did say "because of a variety of control options" or something like that, maybe it will play like SSBB, more than one controller that is compatible

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:37 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Steering Wheel looks uncomfortably small.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:42 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Looks like yet another new gimmick to get gamers to spend money on it.

I am no Wii expert, but I was thinking the wiimote alone would be perfectly fine for it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:45 AM
MadMel
Heh

it it works good for racers

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 07:17 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Im excited that it looks to be following what the DS version did, which is arguably the best version yet.

Im also glad they teased about how many people would be able to play, if its anythng more than 8 I would be very surprised and very happy.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 01:42 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Looks like yet another new gimmick to get gamers to spend money on it.

I am no Wii expert, but I was thinking the wiimote alone would be perfectly fine for it.

More like an old gimmick, since it has been done before, but it isn't to get gamers to spend money. If I recall correctly it does come with Mario Kart, a game wii owners would be crazy not to own anyway. My concern was more about the perepheral itself than the game, because I find it increasingly more difficult to imagine how they could ever mess up a Mario Kart game. So far, most of the games at E3 have all been seen before and two-thirds of those will come out by the end of this year, I'm glad Nintendo dished out something new to look forward to.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 03:35 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

yeah, finally I dont have to play a 4 way split screen to play mario kart multiplayer

i hope they do a really big expansion on the battle part of the game, considering that more people can play.

i wouldnt be surprised if battle will be just as big as the actual racing

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 08:51 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

New details.

quote:
February 6, 2008 - With Smash Bros. at last out (in Japan, at least), Nintendo appears to have penciled in Mario Kart as its next big title. We're assuming that much, considering the unexpected blowout on the game in the latest issue of Famitsu.

The Wii installment of the cart racer that started it all looks like it's going to have lots of variety. Famitsu reveals a total of 32 courses, with 16 remakes of old courses, and 16 completely new courses. New courses include Mario Circuit, Momo Country, Kinopio Factory, DK Snowboard Cross, Coconuts Mall, Kinoko Canyon, and Luigi Circuit.

Some of these courses will put a new feature of the karts to use: mid-air tricks! Karts and bikes are both capable of performing actions and tricks in the air. Get a trick just right, and your cart will perform a dash upon landing.

In addition to a ton of content, Mario Kart Wii will have some serious multiplayer options. The game will include Wi-Fi based play for up to 12 players. You'll be able to select to play against players from throughout the world, players in your country, and players on your friend list.

As part of the new network mode, Nintendo will be making use of the Wii's Channel interface in yet another unique way. We're not sure of the specifics, but it seems that you'll be able to install a Mario Kart Channel to your Wii hub to view world rankings as well as your own records.

Going along with the Wi-Fi multiplayer play, Nintendo will be giving players a means of customizing the game. You'll be able to make your very own Mii ride a bike or kart, adding that bit of you to online races.

The online mode will also expand the single player fun. The game will offer downloadable ghost data, so you can play against some of the best players.

Not big on the whole internet thing? In addition to the Wi-Fi play, the game will also let players play together the old fashioned way: through split screen for up to four.

With this Famitsu blowout just hitting Japan, we expect the Nintendo marketing machine to start getting into gear and remind everyone why Mario Kart is so great. If, as a part of that initiative, we get a chance to sample the Wii installment in advance, you can be sure we'll let you know.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/849/849925p1.html

You can race online using your Miis, thats awesome. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 02:30 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Re: Mario Kart Wii

Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
super exited about this game, the new karts look awesome

anyone know where you can find that video they showed at E3?

Yes.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 02:31 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote