KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Darkfall: Better than WoW and WAR combined

Darkfall: Better than WoW and WAR combined
Started by: Bardiel13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Darkfall: Better than WoW and WAR combined

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_bYYT6Wg3Gg

Watch yonder trailer and prepare to weep tabasco sauce tears.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 03:59 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

tears shall not be wept until they deliver those promises

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 08:24 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
tears shall not be wept until they deliver those promises

Beta should be up by August. We shall see then...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 08:33 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good Lord... that looks awful.

What a silly idea, that 'completely free' means 'good'.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:21 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

runescape is a perfect example of the contrary...free = rubbish

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:54 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

That game looks amazing no doubt, but too early to say if its good or bad, but from teh clip yeah looks absoulty spectaculer, just imagine the possiblitys -.-

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:12 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

This game looks truly amazing. I dunno why Ush is hating on it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 01:57 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the idea is most definitely good... but its all going to depend on how players use them, and if they are actually implemented

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 01:33 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Just by watching the first minute and a half I can already tell that it's not going to be nearly as good as WoW.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 05:35 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

WoW sucks though.

no expression

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 08:50 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

i doubt it will beat WoW, not a chance

simply because Blizz have already more subscribers than there are living in quite a good many countries and more or less dominate the market but even if they did pull all this "interesting" things off

its all going to be ruined...a player crafts a beautiful boat and hes spent all week making resources......BUT, an imba player who already has the ultimate ship comes over laughing BANG the ship sinks....a guy who has a masterful spell blows the ultimate ship to pieces and calls a rain of fire on the little dude, owning all their hard work...then that guy gets stabbed in the back by the dude with the ultimate daggers

then somewhere else a beautiful city is being built, after weeks of fun making it.....woosh, in come a whole legion of players on horses, smashing it apart, captured it.....

see what ime saying, its going to get ruined by the players themselves

Last edited by Burning thought on Jul 17th, 2007 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 08:54 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

You need skill to do those things, it wont be like wow where just cause you got some nice weapon you can beat the living crap out of the others, when there is fights you need to think and play right to win. thats what it looked to me.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:51 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

it wouldnt be that way after a few months, it will obviously be a case of some mean or simply careless players ending up ruining it for so many players

it goes without saying after a few months there will be people far more developed than some beginners and the cruel people with their superior skills/weapons or items will end up ruining it for newbies, for example a guy in a weak little ship or who is preparing to get a better ship which just happens to be a big deal to them could be a time for a bully in the game to simply sail up in his big galleon and blow this other players work into the dust, constant pvp anywhere and everywhere you please is too mean and risky unless they create a sort of penalty for players like this

it will be the same as WoW when it comes down to player time in the game, i mean in WoW a guy with better equipment can lose to a guy with lesser equipment but who is a better player

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:55 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by The Highlord
You need skill to do those things, it wont be like wow where just cause you got some nice weapon you can beat the living crap out of the others, when there is fights you need to think and play right to win. thats what it looked to me.

Making it 'skill' based is actually a bit of an error for an RP game. The whole point is that you are playing someone who CAN do these things, not that you have to do them yourself. It delivers control of the game to those who are best at action based games which is an awful path to go down. it will indeed simply ruin the experience for many players who will- simply and straightforwardly- be bullied. And I bet you, if this game ever actually comes out, they will dilute this idea of total freedom pretty damn quick when they find that no-one really wants to play in a system like that.

But just look at the damn claims of that video. "PvP or PvE as you like."

LIE. That is actively impossible.

If there are a. no instances and b. complete freedom then that is complete horseshit, simply because PvP will be forced on you whenever anyone else wants to, and that completely removes your chosen style of game.

It's an awful, awful collaboration of ideas, it really is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 10:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Ushgarak
But just look at the damn claims of that video. "PvP or PvE as you like."

LIE. That is actively impossible.

If there are a. no instances and b. complete freedom then that is complete horseshit, simply because PvP will be forced on you whenever anyone else wants to, and that completely removes your chosen style of game.

While that is very true.... the game is being advertised as such. If people play knowing that this will occur then they only brought it on themselves

and on a side note, I rather enjoy real-time combat... stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 10:46 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nothing wrong with Real Time combat per se, just no good in that sort of game, is all.

And players might not know it will poccur, because of silly claims such as 'PvP or PvE as you like'.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 10:54 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think ill probably enjoy the game, if you Can actually pull off finding an area, since the game world is supposed ot be enormous, even beyond WoW and any other online game there is, so if you can find your own area, you could probably have some enjoyment

but it is important to note that although one may enjoy the game, it will only last till some moron or mean dude gets some max skills, builds a great fleet/army or some amazing spells and goes out to ruin it for noobs trying to play

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 11:23 PM
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Originally posted by Burning thought
i think ill probably enjoy the game, if you Can actually pull off finding an area, since the game world is supposed ot be enormous, even beyond WoW and any other online game there is, so if you can find your own area, you could probably have some enjoyment

but it is important to note that although one may enjoy the game, it will only last till some moron or mean dude gets some max skills, builds a great fleet/army or some amazing spells and goes out to ruin it for noobs trying to play

Consider this: max skills are hard to come by and I doubt many will reach that level.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 12:26 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Nothing wrong with Real Time combat per se, just no good in that sort of game, is all.

And players might not know it will poccur, because of silly claims such as 'PvP or PvE as you like'.

lol well technically they're not lying... you can do it as you like.. but its not guaranteed to be hinder-free laughing out loud

that type of gameplay reminds me of lineage 2.. and yes I had a miserable time on that game

killing mobs for 6 hours to gain half a level and then someone comes up and shanks me and I lose 1/4th of what I gained

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 01:47 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardiel13
Consider this: max skills are hard to come by and I doubt many will reach that level.

thats not the point, were not talking about max skills, were talking about skills much better than another player and that someone gets crushed and all his stuff stolen

you dont need max skills to be someone new to the game

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 11:38 AM