KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Which G.O.W has more gore?

Which G.O.W has more gore?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Which G.O.W has more gore?

Gears of war or God of War?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 02:08 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

GOWII.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 02:18 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

GEARSORWAR

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 02:50 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh...God of War. It's not even close.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 02:53 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

considering in Gears, you hafto shoot crap all the time, as well as you getting shot at like all the time, there's blood literally on the screen almost all times especially in insane and hardcore mode

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 03:22 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

Most Definetly Gears of War

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 03:23 AM
Kenshinswife is currently offline Click here to Send Kenshinswife a Private Message Find more posts by Kenshinswife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Gears, considering when you chainsaw a Grub, the screen gets splattered with blood.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 03:24 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Gears of War, easily.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 06:00 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

God of War without a question.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 05:57 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I haven't played GOW...but if it really has more gore than Gears it is very f'ing gory.

I vote Gears. It's not just the chainsaw, but the the way the shotgun can explode bodies, the sniper headshot is so beautiful...the boomshot...tagging with grenades. Gears is just too viceral.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 06:03 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
GEARSORWAR

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 06:32 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Definitely Gears of war.

God of war has THE worst looking gore IMO.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 09:13 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The cutscenes unquestinably go to God of war. The gameplay i think is split however. In god of war you can tear enemies in half, and tear off heads. In gears you can chainsaw people. God defintely gets the mark though for more overall gore, but gears gets the realistic gore smile

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:04 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

People just dumb it down to the chainsaw...have you guys seen the way dismembered pieces of a human/locust body fly in the air after a shotgun blasts it to smithereens?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:45 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
People just dumb it down to the chainsaw...have you guys seen the way dismembered pieces of a human/locust body fly in the air after a shotgun blasts it to smithereens?

yeah definately, its not just chainsawing, your screen is constantly being splattered with reallistic blood, constantly shooting down enemies and being shot at, and if you're not shooting at anyone, the environment is always tainted with blood stains, ex//fallen cogs, those dead people mauled by wretches in the control room...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 12:58 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

In God of War, you rip enemies in half, you impale a Kraken through the mouth with an extended bridge, you ram a big ass sword through Zeus' stomach, and other things. The cutscenes gore is much worse, you have a big ass sword rammed through you, the top of a small mountain or something was thrown through you by Ares, and that's all I can think of.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:10 AM
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

Originally posted by Superboy Prime

Lets not forget how the perfect head shot with the snipe always looks great. How the head just kind of pops and the player falls to their death cool ...completly awesome

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:38 AM
Kenshinswife is currently offline Click here to Send Kenshinswife a Private Message Find more posts by Kenshinswife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Gears... I highly doubt you see chunks of brain matter and other bits of innards in God of War

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:16 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Gears... I highly doubt you see chunks of brain matter and other bits of innards in God of War
Have you played God of War? If not how can you doubt it?

You do see that stuff in the game.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 05:09 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I watched my friend play like 5 stages of G.O.W. 2... and I didn't see one bit of shocking gore

but when I saw a head explode from a sniper round in Gears, I was like "Holy Shit!"

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 05:23 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote