KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » John Woo's Stranglehold

John Woo's Stranglehold
Started by: BlaxicanHydra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

John Woo's Stranglehold

If you want a game with a cliche storyline good run and gunning.. get Halo. If you want a game with a cliche storyline and great, innovative run and gunning, I'd advise this game.

The basic plot of the game is that you're a hard-loose cannon cop who's trying to put down a Russian crime syndicate. You name is Tequila.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/...381/vids_1.html

it has a lot of Matrix-esque slow-mo shooting and stuff. The graphics ain't bad and there's an assload of killing. You get special points for "stylish killings" (I.E., killing five guys with head shots while sliding down a staircase railing in Slow motion.), which you can use to either heal yourself or use a special ability.

This game looks awesome. I downloaded the demo and it's fecking fun.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 07:33 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

no expression

Wrong fvcking forum ftw.

Dunno how the hell I ended up here.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 07:43 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

The demo was great.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 12:27 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
no expression

Wrong fvcking forum ftw.

Dunno how the hell I ended up here.
Lmao!

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 03:08 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Demo was great, but there is no way this game is innovating at all.

It takes completely from Max Payne, and improves the formula. Nothing wrong with that, the demo was great, but no way this game is innovating.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 04:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Smasandian
Demo was great, but there is no way this game is innovating at all.

It takes completely from Max Payne, and improves the formula. Nothing wrong with that, the demo was great, but no way this game is innovating.

Agreed completely.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:22 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your mother.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:44 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Dont get me wrong.

This game looks like a hell alot of fun.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 04:54 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm just joking.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 06:42 AM
Hazardous

Is there any martial arts or is it all gunplay? Looks ok but I think I'd get bored..

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:39 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Mišt
Is there any martial arts or is it all gunplay? Looks ok but I think I'd get bored..

Pure gunplay(from what I've seen and played).
You don't even have to reload,just keep firing...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:54 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's like Diehard.. except with Asians.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 07:43 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Or its like Hard Boiled.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 07:54 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

.. or that. I call Tequila Jing-jang Mclain, 'cause I'm stupid like that.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 07:55 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I just got to try the 360 demo.

I must say I am kinda disappointed. Everything just felt waay too easy. Silly how it is so much easier to aim when sliding down a handrail or jumping through the air then when standing still.

Also the Standoffs were also silly in my mind, they should have been event that would have been impossible to do in normal run and gun mode, but the two standoffs in the demo I could have easily managed by running and gunning.

However the game did seem kinda fun when I was running through the mission doing cool jumps and shooting everywhere. But absolutely not a game worth buying, ok to have the demo to spend 10min a month trying it.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:47 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

What difficulty did you do it on?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:55 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Morridini
I just got to try the 360 demo.

I must say I am kinda disappointed. Everything just felt waay too easy. Silly how it is so much easier to aim when sliding down a handrail or jumping through the air then when standing still.

Also the Standoffs were also silly in my mind, they should have been event that would have been impossible to do in normal run and gun mode, but the two standoffs in the demo I could have easily managed by running and gunning.

However the game did seem kinda fun when I was running through the mission doing cool jumps and shooting everywhere. But absolutely not a game worth buying, ok to have the demo to spend 10min a month trying it.

Definitly a rent.

Your concerns are warrented. The standoffs I enjoyed. It brought something different the Max Payne genre of games. I also think its a big part of the movie. (I could be wrong about this).

I enjoyed it. I like how easy it was to shoot people. In the movies, Det Tequila is an unstoppable force and the game portrays that. Dont get me wrong, I played it on the medium difficulty and I was hit alot.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:00 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got slaughtered on medium difficulty erm

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:11 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I'll give it another go at the hardest difficulty (I didn't notice any difficulty simply kept pressing A until the game started).

And sure the Standoffs were fun as they were something different, but they didn't fit into the game. I see no reason for Tequila to start a Standoff, just dive and shoot them all.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:22 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I think the MP of this game could be REALLY fun.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:49 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote