KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Timeshift

Timeshift
Started by: Estacado

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Timeshift

This is a new fps where you have time manipulation abilities like stoping/reversing/slowing time here is the trailer of the game also the demo is available on the Market Place.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/19271.html

Story in short terms:A modern-age scientists have begun to work on time travel. The antagonist Aiden Krone goes back in time using the alpha suit (the suit from the original build of TimeShift) and does not return. When he reaches the past, he remakes the world in his image, creating a dystopia where Krone rules. At this point, the anonymous protagonist is commissioned to create a military time travel suit (known as the beta suit) and travels back in time to stop Krone.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Sep 3rd, 2007 at 09:15 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 09:01 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

im surprised they haven't released it yet
it was announced ages ago erm

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 09:21 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

played the demo, wasn't impressed.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 10:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I've downloaded the demo, but haven't played it yet.

Has anybody seen the trailer for the supposed upcoming movie? God, it looks terrible.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 04:54 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
played the demo, wasn't impressed.

Yeah, me either. The time controls were kinda of cool, but I didnt relized we were still stuck back in 1999 with the same no recoil guns and enemies taking 20 shots to get down.

Meh, another rental on an raining day.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 05:50 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah this really didn't imrpess me either.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 06:05 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

such a shame....
it had so much potential erm

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 06:32 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Do you control time like in the Prince of Persia?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 06:33 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Umm, a bit more in depth with the control of time.

I think in Prince Of Persia you can only rewind time to save you from death, while in this game, you can rewind time, but you can also move while its rewinding so its more of puzzle solving thing.

For instance, I'm about to run through an covered tunnel and just before me an tank blows out the wall and shoots out the wall until it kills me (I cant go anywhere and I cant advance), so before you die, you rewind time and walk past the guard before the wall gets hit.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 06:46 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by ESB -1138

You can slow down time which makes you faster as well or stop it then you can take the enemies weapons away from them or you can reverse it and set traps like you will know where the enemy will arrive so before he get's there you just place a granade at the spot and he will run right into it.Rewinding and stoping down slows down your speed as well while slowing makes you very fast.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Sep 4th, 2007 at 07:03 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 06:58 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sounds cool

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 07:00 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Sounds cool

Yep the look of the game is a bit similar to Killzone by looking at the enemies and the map though some mechs appear as well the damaging should be fixed cause sometimes it takes a whole clip to kill a guy but playing around with time manipulation can be a lot of fun.

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 07:13 AM
Impediment
Endless

I downloaded the trailer on my PS3, but there isn't a demo available in the Playstation Network. The premise looks cool, but I can't make any judgements until I play a demo.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

You're not missing much, it's basicaly FEAR - Now with a pause button (xomfg) and less mediocre creepyness.

Last edited by Raijin on Sep 7th, 2007 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 07:23 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And rewind and doesnt have the great action FEAR has.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 08:32 PM
MadMel
Heh

basically, no
in p.o.p, you are also affected by time changing
in this, you arent affected at all erm

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 12:55 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Everyone seems to be panning this, but....

**** me, I have a fetish for chronokinesis. That alone makes me want this.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 01:51 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by MadMel
basically, no
in p.o.p, you are also affected by time changing
in this, you arent affected at all erm

I actually see that as a plus, though. For Timeshift.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 02:54 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

God damnit. I downloaded and installed the demo, whenever I ran it, Vista told me it would stop responding and had to be closed.

What shit.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 03:09 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Soljer
Everyone seems to be panning this, but....

**** me, I have a fetish for chronokinesis. That alone makes me want this.

You can use time manipulation in versatile ways....though I doubt most of the people noticed it.

You are able to slow ,stop and reverse time in the game.Slowing time makes your movement faster ,stopping time allows you take away the weapon from the enemy ,reversing time allows you to "set" traps by checking where the enemy will reverse time throw a granade there and he will run right into it or you could "avoid" the granades that were thrown at you.
You can also mix up the manipulation abilities for instance slow time to run up to the opponent then stop time to take away his weapon.Using reverse you can kill them as many times you want cause you could just revive them.Also the suit you wear has it's own AI when using time powers so it chooses the best of the available options it's choices can be override by holding a button and manually choosing from the powers.

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 09:59 AM