KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Intro to a Video Game...Ever

Best Intro to a Video Game...Ever
Started by: Tekno Boy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tekno Boy
Master of the Games

Best Intro to a Video Game...Ever

OK. See, what I'd like to happen here is if you tell me what you think the best video game intro is and maybe post a video of the intro if you can.

Here's my opinion. Soul Blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxrpyv8SNS4

You never know with Hideo

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 02:54 PM
Tekno Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Tekno Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Tekno Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

My favorite I think must be the MUA intro: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/12468.html

And btw, since when could Cervantes rip off his face?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 02:59 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colonelf40
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mine are Tekken 3, Tekken Tag Tournment, Tekken 4, Tekken 5DR, Soul Calibur 2, Soul Calibur 3, Virtua Fighter 5, DOA 3, DOA4, MK Armageddon, MK Deception

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 03:54 PM
colonelf40 is currently offline Click here to Send colonelf40 a Private Message Find more posts by colonelf40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Soul Calibur II & III: OMGWTFORGASM

Tekken 4/5/DR: F*cking Awesome

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2: Just Beautiful

Others I can't think of at the moment...too exhausted...sad...etc.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 04:58 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Super Mario Bros has the best intro

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 05:41 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The opening scene to the Darkness was awesome.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 06:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

RE4

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 06:32 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

My favourite is the tram ride in Half Life.

Game history.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 07:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
My favourite is the tram ride in Half Life.

Game history.

Yeah, mine too.

Really was amazing the first time playing it. Was a very effective way to make the world feel alive and real.

I also really enjoy Half Life 2's, just wandering around the city seeing the combine abusing everyone.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 07:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Rainbow Six 3 hands down. Although it really had nothing to do with the plot for the game... it was just awesome. The graphics, the music, everything was amazing.

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 10:15 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

I love the Bioshock intro...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lmw78t8NgIE

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 10:37 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Final Fantasy X-2.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 10:50 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

MK Deception. great intro.........best part of the game.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 11:40 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Was that the one where some guy walks down a...carpet, towards some other guy? Then they fight and that.

Obviously I've described it in much greater detail than necessary.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 11:41 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, mine too.

Really was amazing the first time playing it. Was a very effective way to make the world feel alive and real.

I also really enjoy Half Life 2's, just wandering around the city seeing the combine abusing everyone.

I do too.

Seeing that Strider walk around, and then looking up and seeing this massive Citadel. It was amazing.

But nothing beats HL.

One problem that I had was that I didnt play HL until atleast the 2nd year it came out. I wonder how that felt when it first came out.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 04:02 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:29 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Final Fantasy VI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDMWp1oLoA0

I do love that intro also.

There's something about the walk to Narshe that's really magical. Sets the tone of the game really well, or something, I dunno.

But I remember while playing it for the first time, that walk to Narsh, with the music, and feeling like I was already playing one of the best games ever.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I love FF4's intro. It gives you a lot of insight to Cecil.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:52 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by Evil Dead
MK Deception. great intro.........best part of the game.

co signed, this and KM shaolin monks trailer
also, kings quest III, the fan remake...this fully goes into the story of KQ3. even though it isnt cannon, it makes more sense erm

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:42 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colonelf40
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also i'll include MK Shaolin Monks, Quake 3, Half-Life 2, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Capcom vs SNK 2, SVC Chaos, Def Jam Fight For NY, The Punisher and the rest i'll come up with later.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 02:34 PM
colonelf40 is currently offline Click here to Send colonelf40 a Private Message Find more posts by colonelf40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote