KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Virtua Fighter 5

Virtua Fighter 5
Started by: NASA

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Virtua Fighter 5

Well since there are DOA 4, Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur 4 threads, then why not a Virtua Fighter 5 thread.

VF5 has been rated as one of the best fighting games ever and here are some intros.

Intro 1

Intro 2

Intro 3

Wolf vs El Blaze Intro

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 02:20 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Yeah.. I like virtua fighter but I never had any idea how to play it properly

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:30 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Girls are hot as hell.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 12:33 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Yeah.. I like virtua fighter but I never had any idea how to play it properly

VF5 has got the same button layout like DO4 but insted of the x button is used to guard not counter and its y button for punch and b button to kick

DOA was based on VF BTW

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 03:13 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some VF5 reviews

IGN

Game Trailers

Game Spot

Last edited by NASA on Nov 12th, 2007 at 02:51 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 02:46 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by NASA
VF5 has got the same button layout like DO4 but insted of the x button is used to guard not counter and its y button for punch and b button to kick

DOA was based on VF BTW

I'm aware of all this... I'm talking about like higher level play

I like jacky bryant btw.. but everyone says he's low-tier

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 10:55 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm aware of all this... I'm talking about like higher level play

I like jacky bryant btw.. but everyone says he's low-tier

In VF a rookie like yourself would never beat a master like me due to its gameplay engine and you can button mash as much as you can and you wont come out on top.

As for Jacky Bryant, he is around low to mid tier and is one of the most noob friendly characters to 1st play with due to his awesome fighting style Jeet Kune Do.
His attacks and movement are very fast just like Jann Lee from DOA and he's one on my favourite characters btw.

Take a look yourself - Jacky vs Lei Fei

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by NASA on Nov 14th, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 12:11 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah, if I had to pick someone else it would be LeiFei.. I usually just stand in tree stance til my opponent does something dumb

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 11:15 PM
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

Very fun game and one of my most fav. fighting games too. I only have the 360 version but thats kinda good since its version C. The characters I play are Aoi and Vanessa (Aoi is my main and Vanessa is my secondary). I'm not the best player but I try lol. I still need some work to do XP

Sig and icon made by me. ^_^

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 05:54 AM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vanessa is my anal queen. *smacks NASA away*

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 06:09 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'll probably get this game for xmas, I enjoyed the demo.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 06:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I would pick this up, except theres no one to play against IRL here, because none of my friends like VF.. and I dont like to play fighting games online because all people do is act like they're the shit, cursing randomly like they have yet to grow up

My idea of an great match is something like this :

A.) good player vs sucky player - noone says anything, just plays.. fight ends.. "GG"

B.) good player vs player who wipes the floor with everyone - noone says anything, just plays.. fight ends.. "GG"

but we all know thats not how anyone on xbox live acts

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 10:05 AM
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

I would pick this up, except theres no one to play against IRL here, because none of my friends like VF.. and I dont like to play fighting games online because all people do is act like they're the shit, cursing randomly like they have yet to grow up

My idea of an great match is something like this :

A.) good player vs sucky player - noone says anything, just plays.. fight ends.. "GG"

B.) good player vs player who wipes the floor with everyone - noone says anything, just plays.. fight ends.. "GG"

but we all know thats not how anyone on xbox live acts

I say GG, but mostly if the other person has a mic too and doesn't try to start something. I've seen some others that are polite as well. But with my luck, I don't find many XP

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 10:17 AM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sado-sama
Vanessa is my anal queen. *smacks NASA away*

Wrong!
Her fine a55 belongs to me!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 11:16 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 11:34 AM
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Peach on Nov 19th, 2007 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 02:27 PM
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

They also released an item pack for download (3 items for each character). Hopefully they will release more soon. ^_^

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 02:38 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

N03S they look like polished wax! mad

And to be honest...I don't know any game that is/will be on both the PS3 and 360 that has better visuals on the 360. Why would it if PS3 technically has a greater potential for nice visuals?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 04:12 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Those graphics look sub-par, really.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 05:45 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

As for my last comment, Assassin's Creed is rumored to look better on the 360 (not in terms of specs, but in contrast) so go lose some weight Fatsican.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 02:35 AM