KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Virtua Fighter vs Tekken?

Virtua Fighter vs Tekken?
Started by: NASA

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Virtua Fighter vs Tekken?

Who wants to these two Granddaddy fighters go at it?

The Virtua Fighter Director and the Tekken Director have been talking and they are thinking of doing a Tekken vs Virtua Fighter game.

Here is the website http://ps3.ign.com/articles/766/76662...

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 02:53 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

URL needs fixin'

Anyway, yeah this would kick ass for sure...but Tekken's on a higher level.

Edit: Awesome Video! DB Final Bout's intro theme kicks ass! eek!

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Nov 21st, 2007 at 03:15 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 03:08 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado-sama
URL needs fixin'

Anyway, yeah this would kick ass for sure...but Tekken's on a higher level.

Edit: Awesome Video! DB Final Bout's intro theme kicks ass!!! eek!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com:80/articles/766/766622p1.html

Yeah this would be cool but i prefer DOA vs VF cause their share the same button layout and the fact that DOA was based on VF.
But i still would get this game and Tekken is not on a higher level than VF well not in Japan anyway. stick out tongue

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 03:24 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 03:38 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats another reason why i pick VF as my favourite fighter cause its just about one thing - FIGHTING

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 03:41 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's just a character customization.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 03:51 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Edit: Awesome Video! DB Final Bout's intro theme kicks ass! eek!

the game blew ass beyond all belief

Also.. they'd have to create a new game engine.. dunno if they'd feel like doing that... in any case.. Tekken's control scheme is a lil more natural to me

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:08 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I much prefer Tekken.....

Although I don't really care for these types of games anymore.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:33 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

Sounds cool, but i'm still confused on how it would be. I wonder if it will be a fighting type or an rpg type like namco x capcom.

Sig and icon made by me. ^_^

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 08:51 PM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panic469

im not much for button mashers... but if i had to pick one... it would be tekkin

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 06:11 AM
panic469 is currently offline Click here to Send panic469 a Private Message Find more posts by panic469 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

This would of course be a fighting game seeing as how they're alike in many ways...NXC was an RPG because it was a crossover consisting of characters from two companies, some of which were in RPGs i.e. Xenosaga characters.

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the game blew ass beyond all belief

Also.. they'd have to create a new game engine.. dunno if they'd feel like doing that... in any case.. Tekken's control scheme is a lil more natural to me.
At the time I was a big fan of DBZ (still am today) and haven't played much playstation games..but I thought the gameplay sucked a little. It didn't matter to be since it was DBZ. smile

I also think Tekken's control are better. VF doesn't look as fun either, IMO.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 11:31 AM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

I would much prefer Tekken v.s. DOA.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 03:56 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sol Valentine
I would much prefer Tekken v.s. DOA.

That will never happen but we could see DOA vs VF

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 04:10 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed. The thought of there being a Tekken vs. DOA is laughable seeing as Itagaki devotes part of his life bashing Tekken and coming up with dumb excuses. I'm not implying anyone here thought there'll be one in the future though.

VF vs. DOA would be awesome. The crossover that's most likely to come about IMO is Tekken vs. VF after reading what was said in that link.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 04:23 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

At the time I was a big fan of DBZ (still am today) and haven't played much playstation games..but I thought the gameplay sucked a little. It didn't matter to be since it was DBZ. smile

I own the game.. am a fan of dbz.. and yes it was good at the time..

til I broke the rpg system and made my energy pellet rip off 9 lifebars

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 05:35 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's pretty slow compared to today's DBZ games.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 06:21 PM
jinXed by JaNx

id rather see tekken VS soul calibur. There wouldnt be much contrast between the tekken and virtua fighter characters

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 07:47 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I'd definitely want to see a Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter game. VF is much better rival for Tekken than DOA is in my opinion.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Jan 19th, 2008 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 02:56 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same, because the majority of DOA characters look like animated CG characters. Tekken and VF characters try to look like real people.

Though the person that looks the closest to being real in DOA is Leon.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 03:02 AM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Same, because the majority of DOA characters look like animated CG characters. Tekken and VF characters try to look like real people.

Though the person that looks the closest to being real in DOA is Leon.

Yeah, for sho'. I like how Tekken and Virtua Fighter characters look realistic as well as have a realistic storyline. Of course, the Devil Gene and all is not realistic but the other things involving characters are.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 04:07 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote