KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Capcom is not having a good time.

Capcom is not having a good time.
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Capcom is not having a good time.

When Dead Rising was released, people found it awfully similar to Ramero's movie "Dawn of the Dead" and Capcom got sued because of it.

Resident Evil 5 gets announced and a bunch of people think it's racist because you play a white guy shooting zombies that are black. No matter how many times Capcom says it ain't racist, people still think the game is.

Do you gamers think this is ridiculous or what?

People for the love of god, leave Capcom alone! You accuse them for the wrong things. They aren't trying to make a rip off version of a movie (which I may add is crappy(I'm talking about Dawn of the Dead)), and they aren't trying to be racist. mad

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 02:55 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Re: Capcom is not having a good time.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
When Dead Rising was released, people found it awfully similar to Ramero's movie "Dawn of the Dead" and Capcom got sued because of it.
Dude...That is ownage of the highest calibur!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 03:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

What I find hilarious is that no one cared when you were shooting white zombies in the first few Resident Evil games. No one gave two shits when you were gunning down Spanish villagers. Now it's black people and everyone is throwing a hissy fit.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 03:41 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

ditto. people just need an excuse to throw labels at eachother. as long as you don't go around wearing a white mask and shooting the zombies in RE5.........it aint racist.
what color zombies are supposed to be in africa anyway? and why is shooting white zombies not racist? confused

~Sado

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:12 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

A bunch of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton @$$holes just have to have something to b*tch about. Everything's eventual.

Don't worry, though. RE5 will still be a very, very good game.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:23 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Doubt Capcom gives a shit.

They've got RE5 coming out. With or without controversy that game will be a huge hit. And it looks amazing.

And of course, they've got Street Fighter IV coming out. Which also looks outstanding.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:26 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
What I find hilarious is that no one cared when you were shooting white zombies in the first few Resident Evil games. No one gave two shits when you were gunning down Spanish villagers. Now it's black people and everyone is throwing a hissy fit.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Agreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw8DkSmJDOg

This guy talks about it.

Originally posted by BackFire

They've got RE5 coming out. With or without controversy that game will be a huge hit. And it looks amazing.

And of course, they've got Street Fighter IV coming out. Which also looks outstanding.

Don't forget Megaman 9 as well.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:05 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JustFrame

The first time I remember the "racism" issue with Resident Evil 5...I seriously literally could not believe the amount of criticism it received for having black Africans as zombies in this game.

I mean, logically, Africa is dominated by which race above all others? Blacks, and so, it leads me to the understanding that zombies within these villages would be for the most part black.

However, the community of racism seems to take it as a direct insult that their "people" are being made as mindless animals attacking a Caucasian male in this game.

Reading what had converse with Capcom stating that they are not making this a racial issue. However, leave it to people to get offended now a days for the most pointless and I'm afraid to say but it's true...idiotic reasons. Because it is very, very obvious that Capcom did not make this with the intention of it being racist.

Their is no signs in the game saying "White People Diner Only, other colors are not accepted". Signs, nor do we see a horde of Firemen dousing Africans with Fire hoses, nor do we see pointless lynching of them by non-blacks.

Even some of my friends, who themselves are blacks say that they feel embarrassed by how blown out of proportion this has become. They themselves feel that it was in no way racial in any standard, and thought it was going to be an incredible game, however they believe this has just gotten to the point of being ridiculous.

I feel that racism should be judged when it needs to be, but only at the appropriate times with legitimate reasons. However...feeling assaulted when a game makes your race a zombie which has absolutely ZERO reference to any racial issues, is completely garbage.

This has made me realize what these racial problems are now on both sides...racism is very bad, however some people who fight against it are also extremely stupid.

*Pats on Capcom's back* You did absolutely nothing wrong, just stupid people taking things out of proportion doing stupid people things.

Resident Evil 5 will rock, even if it will now be flooded with caucasian zombies in Africa...I know, this doesn't make sense, but it's for real now, either or, RE5 will rock.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 12:14 PM
JustFrame is currently offline Click here to Send JustFrame a Private Message Find more posts by JustFrame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilTyrant

I'm black myself and can't believe ppl giving Capcom trouble about this. Hate to say it, but I believe my own ppl our wayyyy to sensitive when it comes to this stuff. Some black ppl nit pick anything but overlook other things. Ex. Anyone ever watch some black comedians single out a white person in the crowd and just tear them a new a$$, I always feel bad for em. Now on the other hand if you see the title "Resident Evil 5" then in small print "produced by the Ku Klux Klan" then they got an argument LOL!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 12:39 PM
EvilTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send EvilTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by EvilTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I find it weird that no one complains when your shooting the heads of white zombies or Spanish peasants, but when it becomes entranced Africans then all of a sudden it's racist, it shouldn't really matter what race you are, it's a game it's not like these are real African people, i don't see how race can be an issue....

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Sep 4th, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 12:45 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Re: Re: Capcom is not having a good time.

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Dude...That is ownage of the highest calibur!

Does anyone else blame the fighting game for that?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 12:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Impediment
A bunch of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton @$$holes just have to have something to b*tch about. Everything's eventual.

Don't worry, though. RE5 will still be a very, very good game.

And yet no one gave two cents when it was white people and spanish people getting mauled down. But make it black people and all of sudden it's racist! If they flipped RE5 around and made you a black person killing white zombies in Britain no one would give a crap.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 02:01 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

This is crazy. It's like people are coming out and saying, "Okay, if the game involves killing, it has to take place in a country with all races present or none at all. Also, people should only be allowed to kill people of their own race."

This is very much a witch hunt. People watch very closely, and if anything comes up that can be taken as racist in any way, they yell, "Blasphemy!" It's kind of like anti-sexism and gay acceptance. People should just let others say what they mean.

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest, I am looking forward to seeing this game.

Danny Glover says: "FREE SOUTH AFRICA!"

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 04:37 PM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

In what way do ya mean "not havin a good time" cuz as far as sales go Capcom is SLAMMIN! (doin great).

And that whole RE5 thing is just stupid. The game takes place in Africa, he's gonna shoot mostly Africans. I bet you it wasn't even an African to touch the subject, prolly Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton or some other American.

A black man might be president and niggas still tryin to find stuff to complain about... a japanese video game is just silly. At least if yur gonna bring up racism have it for somethin serious laughing Cuz this aint gonna stop me from buyin RE games and all this complainin just makes black people look bad.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Sep 4th, 2008 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 06:11 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by ESB -1138
And yet no one gave two cents when it was white people and spanish people getting mauled down. But make it black people and all of sudden it's racist! If they flipped RE5 around and made you a black person killing white zombies in Britain no one would give a crap.

Again, very true.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 06:30 PM
NemeBro

Guys, stop being racists.

RE5 is obviously made to send a message that killing blacks is okay, and that all blacks are mindless, violent animals. This video game is clearly blaxploitation and should be boycotted.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:53 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thank you, the shit is ridiculous.

Originally posted by BackFire

Don't forget Tatsunoko VS. Capcom.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 08:44 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JustFrame

To stop further future "racial" insults, Capcom should make Resident Evil 6 take place in outer space, with Jill Valentine shooting up Aliens that have been contaminated by the Virus.

They will spit out green slime from their (censored) and they'll make little crackle noises.

Yes...this will the be the only way we won't get any racial issues, however bet on it that some green alien will appear out of nowhere and say that it's a disgrace to their people.

I'm just glad that most of us here, if not, all of us here are on Capcom's side, and Capcom, don't feel bad, when Resident Evil 5 comes out, we'll all be giving you our $$$ anyhow, since 2008, you are just flooding us with all these greatness games (TvC, SF:IV, ST:HD Remix, RE5 etc, etc), so this horrible nightmare will be little but a distant memory.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 09:34 PM
JustFrame is currently offline Click here to Send JustFrame a Private Message Find more posts by JustFrame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solid Durandal
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is everyone going apeshit now? There was a black cop who looked like Will Smith who died in RE2.

Thanks ScarletSpeed for the Sig

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 09:39 PM
Solid Durandal is currently offline Click here to Send Solid Durandal a Private Message Find more posts by Solid Durandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Solid Durandal
Why is everyone going apeshit now? There was a black cop who looked like Will Smith who died in RE2.
That's different. Will Smith isn't a real black man. Just ask FOTN.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 09:56 PM