KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Conduit

The Conduit
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The Conduit

I haven't seen a thread for the FPS Wii game. This game looks amazing. The game is said to come out sometime around March 2009 and it has pretty much everything you could want in a game. The graphics look great, online play and talk thanks to the WiiSpeak, and from what I've heard the Wii controls are better than Metroid Prime 3 and with that new motion sensor + the controls will be better.

I'm looking forward to this game very, very much.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 07:04 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh, I cant really say the graphics are great looking.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 07:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Meh, I cant really say the graphics are great looking.

What they've been showing off thus far won't be the finished product but it does show some highlights to the game engine.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 08:35 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont know.

Seeing the screenshots, Im not impressed at all. Some decent lighting effects but the characters look really bad.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 09:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Go to gametrailers or IGN and watch the trailers or something.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 09:32 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Watched a video and checked out screens doesn't look good Graphics-wise severe lack of detail on guns from what I could see. Looks like another B-rated shooter game. Might have a decent plotline reminded me a bit of Area 51

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 02:14 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Go to gametrailers or IGN and watch the trailers or something.

You think I didnt do that already?

I just dont think it looks good graphic wise.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 03:10 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's the Wii.

Just sayin'.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 04:55 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
It's the Wii.

Just sayin'.

And i think thats the whole point Nintendo wanted to go with Gameplay over Graphics with the Wii.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:10 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
It's the Wii.

Just sayin'.

I know but Metriod Prime 3 still looks pretty good.

There is more than just technical wizardry.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 11:22 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

MP3 looked very good in fact. Smas is right, sometimes decent artistic talent counts for more than hardware- my comparison was always that Twilight Princess, with its gorgeous smooth movement and beautiful lighting effects, looked much prettier than Oblivion's stiff, unconvincing movement and ridiculous hi-tech lightwork.

Dunno about this game. A lot of critical vibe talkimng it up but that might only be because of the paucity of effort in this area so far on Wii. Plot seems a bit generic too, a shame.

There's no confirmation on the motionplus yet, btw. Hard to see what it could achieve in this game anyway.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 12:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

finally!
voicechat erm

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 12:18 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, yes, all that said, the amunt of features they are putting in with control customisation, HUD customisation, and looking at available Wii tech, all that is very welcome.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 12:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

indeed, but im just glad that Australia FINALLY has an online shooter game for wii that looks half decent

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 01:10 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

I think the game looks good graphically, so, yeah......
The main character looks like a nerd.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 04:09 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Ushgarak
MP3 looked very good in fact. Smas is right, sometimes decent artistic talent counts for more than hardware- my comparison was always that Twilight Princess, with its gorgeous smooth movement and beautiful lighting effects, looked much prettier than Oblivion's stiff, unconvincing movement and ridiculous hi-tech lightwork.

Dunno about this game. A lot of critical vibe talkimng it up but that might only be because of the paucity of effort in this area so far on Wii. Plot seems a bit generic too, a shame.

There's no confirmation on the motionplus yet, btw. Hard to see what it could achieve in this game anyway.

I would love to see Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 in HD though.

But in the end, the graphics are pretty good in both games. Village areas in TP are excellent. The open vistas, ummmmm, not so much.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:08 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Alright there is a thread!

I'm pretty excited about this game!

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 02:28 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Me too, but anyone who thinks this will be a Halo-killer (let alone a comparable experience visually to games on the PS3 and 360) is out of their mind.

And yeah, you had best not use wikipedia at all when it comes to things that have yet to be released. It's pretty much okay otherwise, kinda.
Actually, no. That's an overstatement.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to the Conduit as well (in fact, it's the only Wii game on my "to get" list now). So far, it hasn't disappointed. That's a good sign.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 06:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

it was proven that Wikipedia is only as inaccurate as the average encyclopedia..since a lot of encyclopedias can be biased this doesn't say a lot, but still erm
cant wait for this big grin

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 06:26 AM