KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Recommended science fiction MMORPG?

Recommended science fiction MMORPG?
Started by: Gideon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Recommended science fiction MMORPG?

I'm not really a die-hard gamer, but I used to play RuneScape for about three or four years during middle school until mid-sophomore year. I've been a little bored since then, and now I'm looking for an all around great science fiction MMORPG. I did the whole fantasy/adventure shit with RuneScape, and I've always preferred science fiction as a genre. I've Googled the **** out of this topic and have never gotten anywhere other than six billion people screaming "EVE Online!" at me.

Is that it? Just EVE Online?

Help me, die hard gamers. You're my only hope.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:05 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

EVE Online and STar Wars Galaxies are the only sem-major MMOs in the sci.fi setting atm. But in a few years we will get Star Wars the Old Republic as well. There's also a Stargate Worlds in the making.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:28 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
EVE Online and STar Wars Galaxies are the only sem-major MMOs in the sci.fi setting atm. But in a few years we will get Star Wars the Old Republic as well. There's also a Stargate Worlds in the making.

Do you play either EVE Online or SWG?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:44 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Just wait for the new Star Wars one.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 10:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Wait for the Star Wars: Old Republic. Or you could try your hand at the Star Trek one coming out... could be good.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 10:54 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i thought star trek online had been cancelled...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 11:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Had it? I never really paid much attention to it.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:42 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Gideon
Do you play either EVE Online or SWG?

No, I've tried EVE online, was not impressed, and have heard plenty of bad things about SWG so haven't bothered with that one either. I just know they exist.

As for Star Trek online, that game has been rumoured cancelled and then back in production again and cancelled, so I have no idea what state it is.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 05:56 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man, sounds like a good sci-fi MMO is hard to find.

Anyone else think Mass Effect would make for a good one?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:40 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Mass Effect for an MMO? Unlikely, I think BioWare is on the right path with SW the old republic, that's more or less the perfect setting for a sci-fi MMO.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:41 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Morridini
Mass Effect for an MMO? Unlikely, I think BioWare is on the right path with SW the old republic, that's more or less the perfect setting for a sci-fi MMO.

I kinda fell in love with ME, for some reason. I much preferred it to the KotOR series. I suppose because I feel that in SW, if you're not a superpowered Force user, you'll never make it anywhere.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:58 PM