KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » XBOX question

XBOX question
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

XBOX question

The other day my 360 took a piss on me. It decided that it was no longer going to read my discs. This being my third 360, i thought, "well, i guess i will buy ONE more and simply swap the Hard Drives". Like the previous three 360's i had i was able to transfer my save data, xbox arcade data, etc by simply swapping my old hard drive into my new xbox. Well, it seems that this is no longer possible. I was at Best Buy about to buy a new Elite system when i mentioned my plan of swapping the hard drives. The clerk told me that i can't do that because the Elite that i have is an older model and that i can no longer swap hard drives. So, in order for me to transfer all of my data i have to take my old xbox in and pay $40. This is god damned bullshit. Has anyone out there had this problem? Is there any way around paying this $40 fee?

I know you may think, well, you're paying $400, whats another $40. Well, to be honest, its the principle. Microsoft is already raping me. Because i my hobby is playing video games and Microsoft is incapable of manufacturing a decent piece of equipment i have already payed well over $1500 on 360's alone. Any tips would be much appreciated

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 01:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Microsoft milks everything for what it's worth...i'm sure there could be a way, Lana will have the answer.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:05 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

You bought 3 X-Boxs?....****ing hell, dude.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:08 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Oh but the 3 RLOD are no longer a problem!!!!1

Hmm I think the guy is bullshitting you, but what do I know.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Oh but the 3 RLOD are no longer a problem!!!!1

Hmm I think the guy is bullshitting you, but what do I know.

Red Ling of Death? Is that some racist jab at Asians?

I jest, of course.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:20 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
You bought 3 X-Boxs?....****ing hell, dude.

since it's debut, yeah. The first one i had got a red ring. The second one i bought was a refurbished one that, like this one just stopped working but before it stopped working it destroyed two of my games, of course. This last one just stopped reading my games. I would get, unplayable disc for all of my games. I believe the problem with this one was the driver. The games would not run. Dvd's worked fine as well as everything else. It just didn't run the games. I tried the paper and penny trick but nothing worked. The kicker is, the warranty expired, 10-17-08. I missed the fvcking warranty by one god damned month mad It is still a working system, other than not booting up the games. I'm sure if i had half a clue, i could fix it myself.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

My elite broke about a month ago, I just went out and bought an arcade SKU and plugged my 120g hard drive on and never looked back. So I dont see what the problem is.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:30 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Number one, there's a thread for this stuff.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t375090.html

Number two, yeah, you can just put an old harddrive on a new system. Whoever told you otherwise is likely talking bullshit.

Closed.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:32 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote