KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Official Guitar Hero, and Rockband Thread

Official Guitar Hero, and Rockband Thread
Started by: Wil7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Official Guitar Hero, and Rockband Thread

I couldn't find this thread, so here it is. This is going to be the official Guitar Hero, and Rockband thread. Talk about anything on GH, or Rockband.

For example: What would be a good song for the next Guitar Hero, or Rockband?

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:07 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

1st off...i would whup any of you at guitar hero or guitars on rockband...big grin

2nd...love em...some of the best fun i've had playing games has been with both series...

also arguably some of the most difficult games there is...through the fire and flames on expert?...don't really get much harder than that in the world of gaming

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:15 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I can give you a list of songs that are awesome, if you'd like. no expression

Anyways, I never played either game actually, the idea kinda doesn't thrill me at all, though. I heard very good things about the Guitar Hero series, but this type of game (or at least how I understand it) doesn't really interest me. But, just for curiosity sake, it is just dance dance revolution pedals glued to a fake guitar, right?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:17 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I can give you a list of songs that are awesome, if you'd like. no expression

Anyways, I never played either game actually, the idea kinda doesn't thrill me at all, though. I heard very good things about the Guitar Hero series, but this type of game (or at least how I understand it) doesn't really interest me. But, just for curiosity sake, it is just dance dance revolution pedals glued to a fake guitar, right?

Please name them then.

Bummer

Originally posted by jaden101
1st off...i would whup any of you at guitar hero or guitars on rockband...big grin

2nd...love em...some of the best fun i've had playing games has been with both series...

also arguably some of the most difficult games there is...through the fire and flames on expert?...don't really get much harder than that in the world of gaming

Doubt it, not me.

I think The Devil went Down to Georgia is harder, IMO though.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:23 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Wil7
Please name them then.

Bummer

Nah, that would be more something for the music forum. I assume that there are specific songs that are suited for such games (i.e. not many of my favourites)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:25 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Originally posted by Bardock42
Nah, that would be more something for the music forum. I assume that there are specific songs that are suited for such games (i.e. not many of my favourites)

sad

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:25 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

if by that you mean a rythym based game then in some songs yes...but it's actually really intuitive and some songs require far more than just a sense of rythym...and a ridiculously lot more fun than DDR

check this out for about as hard as games can be

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:27 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Well, I don't doubt that you can make those games very, very hard (though, the time that guy spent mastering that he probably could have mastered and actual guitar, but whatever floats ones boat)...I just personally don't like that type of game where I am specifically told what to press (partly cause I suck at it), I don't even really like that reflex shit they have in most cutscenes nowadays...which, is basically what this seems like to me..a very, very long cutscene reflex game.

I understand the appeal of that game is party multiplayer anyways, something I am not very familiar with, but I understand operates under different "fun laws" than games I play.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 12:41 AM
Peach
mordrem

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 05:04 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote