KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most stressful game?

Most stressful game?
Started by: KakashiKun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Most stressful game?

What game stresses you everytime you play it?
Whenever i play devil may cry 4 on the hardest difficulty they have it makes me wanna explode mad

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 06:23 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A lot of games give me anger management issues, and whilst this is not definitvely the most, I did find it happened so much in the first two Metroid Prime agmes that I tend to call getting angry at computer games 'Metroid Rage'.

The improved control scheme of the third meant it happened a lot less there, though all three games are asking for the disk to be thrown out the window for the position of the final save point, and how much you have to do again on a failure.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 07:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

most games where there are platforms that you have to cover very quickly, when I was younger I was in such a rage that I hit my face into the controller which burst a large spot spraying pus all over the television, my rage was so great that it was only stifled by my amusement after I realised the pus.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 07:21 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

the most stressful game for me was mario striker charged for wii..the AI was so wretchedly cheap that when i finally finished all the single player things i took it back before even bothering with the multiplayer...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 08:50 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Soul Calibur on ranked matches and Dawn of War AI on the hardest difficulty. The Space Marines are incredibly cheap... they made a second Land Raider five minutes after I destroyed the first as well as Terminator squads and those other tanks... can't remember their names but the Chaos have them too.

I destroyed an army that size and they rebuilt it in a few minutes. Can't stand it, I have zero hope when I'm the Orcz.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 12:19 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Getting the Fierce Deity's Mask when I was 8.

no expression

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 01:09 AM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Any game that has an uneven difficulty, or very long checkpoints.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 01:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Are we talking stress or frustrating?

Frustrating games - Games that have some poor design decisions that make it cheap and annoying. Some for me are:

-- Assassin's Creed - enhancing the difficulty not by actually making the game harder, but by simply adding more annoying NPC's who simply randomly push you, knocking you out of stealth and getting the attention of the guards with shitty AI, who seem to want to kill anyone who gets pushed or bumps into someone else.

Call of Duty 1,2,3,4,5 - AI enemies can throw a grenade from 5 miles away and have it land perfectly on your feet. Also endlessly respawning enemies until you walk into a designated 'despawn' takes most of the strategy out of the game, and just causes you to try and rush to a certain point till you get there.

Any number of RTS games that send waves of enemies at you, obviously not following their own rules and being able to produce more units per $ than you ever could.

And fighting games with cheap AI.

Stressful games tend to be survival horror games, the point is to actually stress you out and make you worried/alarmed.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 01:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Call of Duty 1,2,3,4,5 - AI enemies can throw a grenade from 5 miles away and have it land perfectly on your feet.

Quoted for f*cking truth. I shall open my mouth and close my eyes for you and allow you to place whatever you wish inside of it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 04:21 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
Are we talking stress or frustrating?

Frustrating games - Games that have some poor design decisions that make it cheap and annoying. Some for me are:

-- Assassin's Creed - enhancing the difficulty not by actually making the game harder, but by simply adding more annoying NPC's who simply randomly push you, knocking you out of stealth and getting the attention of the guards with shitty AI, who seem to want to kill anyone who gets pushed or bumps into someone else.

Call of Duty 1,2,3,4,5 - AI enemies can throw a grenade from 5 miles away and have it land perfectly on your feet. Also endlessly respawning enemies until you walk into a designated 'despawn' takes most of the strategy out of the game, and just causes you to try and rush to a certain point till you get there.

Any number of RTS games that send waves of enemies at you, obviously not following their own rules and being able to produce more units per $ than you ever could.

And fighting games with cheap AI.

Stressful games tend to be survival horror games, the point is to actually stress you out and make you worried/alarmed.

I forget about Assassins Creed. One of the most annoying games of all time in my books.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 05:36 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Silent Hill

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 05:38 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Playing the God Of War games on the god difficulty i suppose it would be even more of a pain with the second game playing it on titian

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 05:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Final Fantasy XI online.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 08:02 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Trying to defeat RAAM in Gears 1 on insane difficulty.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 07:11 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Call of Duty--pick one
Ghost Recon
Rainbow six
RACING GAMES Especially Gran turismo. it doesnt matter which one, they all really piss me off.
Most fighting games

One of the most frustrating is Madden. That game is one of the cheapest ive played. You can be up by three or four touchdowns and then suddenly the computer will get three consecutive turnovers...BULLSHIT
mad

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 09:42 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Soul Calibur on ranked matches and Dawn of War AI on the hardest difficulty. The Space Marines are incredibly cheap... they made a second Land Raider five minutes after I destroyed the first as well as Terminator squads and those other tanks... can't remember their names but the Chaos have them too.

I destroyed an army that size and they rebuilt it in a few minutes. Can't stand it, I have zero hope when I'm the Orcz.

Are you using the AI mod?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 11:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

any game that has a rubber banding A.I.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 10:29 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Games would tick me off if they have glitching problems. I attack an enemy and suddenly he disappears and reappears right behind me and I get mauled. In Gears 1, my friggin barricade floated in mid air and those drones killed me. In Bioshock, a Big Daddy floated in mid air and finished me by shooting grenades. Game companies are so lazy they can't even check their games before they're out.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 10:39 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I rarely have glitches in any games.

Most stressful time I had with a game? Learning how to install Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion mods. Sucked ass it did.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 10:43 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The gamecube port of Majora's Mask...grrrrrr. Lazy nintendo emulated it instead of properly porting it so it randomly freezes so often that you have to quick save every 5 minutes.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 11:02 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote