KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassins Creed 2

Assassins Creed 2
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Assassins Creed 2

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/26/u...o-release-date/

It's about time Ubisoft tells us that they're working on a sequel to the popular assassin game. Altair will be back to stick more needles in people's necks but a release date hasn't been announced yet.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 11:32 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Okay, everyone who finished the game knew a sequel was coming.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 11:34 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Well, some people might've not finished the game.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 11:36 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Okay, everyone who finished the game knew a sequel was coming.

Unfortunately.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 11:52 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Didn't they say from the start it was going to be at least two games, possibly a trilogy?

Anyway, the first was a good game, so if they fix the few flaws this should be good.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 12:16 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What flaws?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 12:18 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Glitches.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 12:28 AM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I haven't came across any glitches and I beated the game.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 12:32 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There were a ton of flaws in this game. I'm hoping they will fix it because it was a very cool idea and the presentation was awesome.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 12:37 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Everything from the first game except the combat and running around was a flaw and poorly conceived/implemented. Maybe they'll get their shit together and make the sequel not a pile of shit.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 01:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The main problems with the first game were disastrous AI, overwhelming repetition, and monotony. Seriously, you had to be so slow to get anywhere safely.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 01:32 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Or very good at finding hiding places and running quickly.

I chose the latter stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:53 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The guards had horrid AI. When I first started playing the game I was running along on my horse in the outskirts area, and a bunch of guards just started chasing me. Didn't touch them, didn't touch anyone, just riding around, and then guards randomly attacked me.

Funnest thing about the game is complaining about it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The AI was atrocious but the combat was unique and enjoyable. I only wish that they had implemented an upgrade system rather than level and reward scheme. Assassins Creed failed because someone was to scared to raise their hand at the discussion table and say...,"rpg?". This game was begging for Rpg elements that just werent there. Freedom to progress as you wish by choosing from several different and unique missons. Not the same five missions recycled over through out the entire game. Instead of customizable upgrades and abilities and unique missions we get broken AI and monotony.

Now, the game did boast a few things better than any other. I am still hard pressed to find a better looking game. The player animations were just incredible and the running and jumping is some of the most fluent i've ever played. I am surprised that the people in charge of Prince of Persia didn't take a look at this game. Wow, The team behind AC deserves both a cake and a biitch slap. I surely hope that the sequel will be worth playing and not just a revisiting of the original.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 04:08 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
The guards had horrid AI. When I first started playing the game I was running along on my horse in the outskirts area, and a bunch of guards just started chasing me. Didn't touch them, didn't touch anyone, just riding around, and then guards randomly attacked me.

They wouldn't just chase you, they would chase you half way around the map.

As GK said, the whole game is about repitition. From the boring mission structure to having the same exact voices and speeches in each city.

I remember trying to kill a guy, and I got bumped by one of the crazies into a guard, I killed him, and then killed the next 5 guys. I got away but didn't go far enough apparently to vanish the bodies so for the next 10 minutes I saw the same guy go " Oh look somebody died", " Oh look somebody died."

I just gave up.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 05:10 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by BackFire

I actually never had that happen. Weird. And I was never exactly cautious or sneaky about anything I was doing, unless I was killing guards on rooftops.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 05:18 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I am surprised that the people in charge of Prince of Persia didn't take a look at this game.

Actually, PoP was built using the Assassin's Creed engine, so this is a really silly thing to say.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 05:37 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Go ahead and give AC a bunch of crap but it doesn't change the fact that AC was one of 2007's best games of the year.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 06:33 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Hopefully i wont have to end up selling this one as well

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 06:55 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Go ahead and give AC a bunch of crap but it doesn't change the fact that AC was one of 2007's best games of the year.

and titles dont change the fact that it was also one of 2007's most disappointing games erm

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 07:39 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote