KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever

Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever
Started by: tom_servo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tom_servo

Top 5 Worst Gaming Consoles Ever

I don't know if anyone has seen this list, but it's appalling. When the first console listed is described by, "The Virtual Boy would've been higher on our list, but it was made by Nintendo," you know you're in trouble. It just seems full of constant Sega bashing. I wanted to see what you guys thought of this list.

Original Article: http://old-wizard.com/top-5-worst-g...les-of-all-time

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 09:56 PM
tom_servo is currently offline Click here to Send tom_servo a Private Message Find more posts by tom_servo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why isn't the Philips CD-I on that list?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 10:00 PM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

...The Sega Genesis the WORST system ever?

That and the fact that his entire opinions seem to be soley based on graphics and his ridiculous Sega bias(I don't think there was a single Sega consol to miss the list) lead me to believe he is an idiot.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 10:05 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Nintendo Wii I dislike

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 10:09 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Nintendo Wii I dislike
Hm.

In that case.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 10:12 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What were you trying to post there Eneru? Trying to make a comeback because I think the Wii sucks?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 10:18 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Hm.

In that case.

(please log in to view the image)
...I just owned myself. sad

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 10:22 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

...I just owned myself. sad

laughing

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 10:31 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

SEGA Genesis wasn't a bad console. I can't imagine how you can possibly place the Virtual Boy above SEGA Genesis. That guy just hates SEGA and wuvs Nintendo.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 10:44 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

...The Sega Genesis the WORST system ever?

That and the fact that his entire opinions seem to be soley based on graphics and his ridiculous Sega bias(I don't think there was a single Sega consol to miss the list) lead me to believe he is an idiot.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 11:26 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, that list is completely biased. The Sega Saturn at the time was a more graphically inclined system that had a more diverse gaming catalogue than PS1. I wouldn't put the Saturn near the top, but certainly not near the bottom.

The Dreamcast as well. There is no need to even comment why this is a ridiculous system to include on top five worst consoles.

Lastly, the sega genesis. Saying that the Sega Genesis is the worst system of all time is like saying the SNES is the worst system of all time. Granted, the SNES had a few advantages. The graphics were generally better and the games were far more popular, but not necessarily better. The Genesis and SNES were essentially the same systems. They just generally focused on different types of games.

The virtual boy and the 32X are definitely contenders, especially the Virtual boy since it was way overpriced, caused injuries and only had a dozen or two games in it's library.

My list would look like this

5 Jaguar
4 Ngage
3 Atari 5200 (just utterly pointless)
2 CD-I
1 Virtual Boy

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 11:39 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That is simply not a piece of professionally written journalism.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 11:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

just like yahoos' polls

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 11:53 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Ushgarak
That is simply not a piece of professionally written journalism.

And that is a major understatement.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 11:55 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tom_servo

The only thing that kind of bugs me about this list is the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast was too expensive? It was $199 if I recall. And the Genesis did NOT kill it. Lack of third party support and the PS2 killed it.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 01:13 AM
tom_servo is currently offline Click here to Send tom_servo a Private Message Find more posts by tom_servo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Anyone who was still playing the Genesis over a Dreamcast and PS2 during that era never intended to buy a Dreamcast or PS2

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 02:42 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Xbox 360

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:10 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Super Nintendo

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:11 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

5. Philips CD-I
4. Game Boy
3. XBOX
2. Atari 2600
1. Virtual Boy

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:16 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
5. Philips CD-I
4. Game Boy
3. XBOX
2. Atari 2600
1. Virtual Boy
Your choices are amusing.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:53 AM