KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Your top gaming moments of 2008?

Had any gaming moments in 2008?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
YES 3 60.00%
no 1 20.00%
MANY 1 20.00%
What is a moment? 0 0%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Your top gaming moments of 2008?
Started by: KakashiKun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Smile Your top gaming moments of 2008?

Mine would be seeing Shadow Moses again in MGS 4. All the memories of the first MGS game for playstation took effect on me. And i am being unoriginal roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 06:16 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

My favorite was playing L4D with a bunch of friends for the first time and seeing a witch run past us on fire and through a window.

Man, that was funny.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 06:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Feb 5th, 2009 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 06:37 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. watching the return of Big Boss.
2. watching the death of Big Boss.
3. playing MGS3 Snake Eater again.

Big Boss

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 07:40 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I hated the radiated hallway of death. My arms got so ****ing tired and the end boss fight sucked.

Considering the rest of levels were so good, I was disappointed with the last level in MGS4.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 08:02 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It was the torture part present in every MGS game

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 08:24 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair

I cried there and just about the whole final half of the game

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 09:58 PM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Awesomeness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sado22
1. watching the return of Big Boss.
2. watching the death of Big Boss.

Big Boss

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 10:40 PM
The Awesomeness is currently offline Click here to Send The Awesomeness a Private Message Find more posts by The Awesomeness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Playing Gears of War 2

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 11:00 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by KakashiKun
Mine would be seeing Shadow Moses again in MGS 4. All the memories of the first MGS game for playstation took effect on me. And i am being unoriginal roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shadow Moses eek!

though I played MGS4 this year

Originally posted by Zack Fair

God I was screaming: "Go, Snake go!" throughout that hall sequence... I was exhausted at the end ...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Feb 6th, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 11:58 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Laughing maniacally on my first play of dawn of war dark crusade. i hadn't played the first game, and couldn't install it due to vista trouble, so stuck on dark crusade instead. the first time my space marines chopped down a squad of imperial guardsmen leaving nothing but a bloody smear, i knew i was going to love the game.

lego batman, primarily for it's take on the burton movies. great game.

picking up the line rack (i think it was called) in dead space.

DC vs MK. Beating the ever loving shit out of Darkseid as Superman.

First goal in PES 09. Always something i remember when a new PES comes out...

Downloading the huge expansion mod for Rise of the Witch King. Gondor Spearmen kick ass.

The first time i made a head explode in Fallout 3.

thats all that comes to mind atm...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 12:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Raoul
Laughing maniacally on my first play of dawn of war dark crusade. i hadn't played the first game, and couldn't install it due to vista trouble, so stuck on dark crusade instead. the first time my space marines chopped down a squad of imperial guardsmen leaving nothing but a bloody smear, i knew i was going to love the game.

Hee. I downloaded and was playing the demo for Soulstorm earlier. It is ridiculously entertaining and I think I'm going to buy the actual game tomorrow stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 05:46 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

playing quake 3 against my classmates at school....i entered the game about halfway into it, and got first place in 5 minutes big grin
the final score (after another 10 minutes of playing) was me @ 95 kills, a friend at 81 kills and everyone else > 81 stick out tongue
fun times big grin

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 05:55 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Peach
Hee. I downloaded and was playing the demo for Soulstorm earlier. It is ridiculously entertaining and I think I'm going to buy the actual game tomorrow stick out tongue

laughing out loud

i recommend it. i played dark crusade and its predecessors so much i never really got in to soulstorm bar one or two maps in campaign, but yeah, there are worse ways to spend a couple of hours lol..

i was playing the dawn of war 2 beta today, as im using a new rig. damn it was fun.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 07:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've yet to try SoulStorm.

I've got Dawn of War, than Winter Assault, then Dark Crusade. Never made it to SS. I heard SS is just a weaker mod of DC though.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 07:10 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spy stabbing like 8 people in one life on the orange box.

Dropping a grenade on the ground as my bro was coming around in a warthog to finish me and thus making his car flip over me while i sniped him out of the warthog in the middle of the air in halo (computor game, used mouse, so that might explain how i was able to move so quickly.)

Returning to Runescape, (yes, i know, but it was a nostalgia fest reaching back to my memories of life as a 12 year old.)

just to name a few...

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 07:25 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Last couple of levels of Dead Space &
First steps in the wasteland in Fallout 3

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 07:44 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

MGS4

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 07:54 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote