KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tarantino Universe - The Game....?

Tarantino Universe - The Game....?
Started by: Tama-o-hoi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tama-o-hoi

Tarantino Universe - The Game....?

As my first thread ever I wanted to see what other people thought about my idea of a sandbox game (GTA style) that revolves around the Tarantino Universe.

...I've always thought it'd be pretty awesome, and easy to make seeing as how all his movies are somehow (arguably) connected. And like, instead of following just one characters story you'd follow multiple interweeving stories i.e. more than one playable character... so yeah I just wanna hear others thoughts, opinions, ideas about how a game like could or could'nt work etc etc...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 01:17 PM
Tama-o-hoi is currently offline Click here to Send Tama-o-hoi a Private Message Find more posts by Tama-o-hoi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

As a fan i think that sounds like a cool game but i think the problem here is that the game would only appeal to fans. I mean, other than licensed characters and story references i don't know how much different this would be from a GTA.

Tarantino movie's don't exactly scream video game adaptation. Reservoir Dogs is the only movie of his that showed potential to be adapted into a game and unfortunately, that didn't work out to well. The game had some good idea's though and playing the story through a non-linear Tarantino style was neat.

Shit, i just realized i'm the first poster on your virgin thread :-o

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 11:01 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Death Proof - The Game?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 11:55 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think Kill Bill could of been a game if it needed to be.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 01:24 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Don't know how you would do this. Just the characters from his films with a new story line or playing out certain events from them? Would appeal to fans but might be quite bland as it would mostly be shooting...

Kill bill game in this style would be much better although not free roam, more like large areas / levels to progress through.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 01:34 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
Death Proof - The Game?

Hell yes, i would love to stalk and murder woman

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Kill Bill was in talks for a game but it axed.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:32 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tama-o-hoi

Originally posted by Magee
Don't know how you would do this. Just the characters from his films with a new story line or playing out certain events from them? Would appeal to fans but might be quite bland as it would mostly be shooting...

im thinking both new story lines (written of course by the master himself) and the ones from the movies. and i enjoyed the GTA gameplay which is for the most part shooting with some melee. and tarantino would be able to release his The Vega Brothers story to people since it wouldnt matter what age the actors are because they'd only be doing voice overs

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 08:46 AM
Tama-o-hoi is currently offline Click here to Send Tama-o-hoi a Private Message Find more posts by Tama-o-hoi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tama-o-hoi

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Tarantino movie's don't exactly scream video game adaptation. Reservoir Dogs is the only movie of his that showed potential to be adapted into a game and unfortunately, that didn't work out to well. The game had some good idea's though and playing the story through a non-linear Tarantino style was neat.

whoa... i didnt know there was a reservir dogs game. i just wikipediad it and apparently its illegal here in Aotearoa. then i youtubed it for gameplay and it doesnt look too bad... it looks bad but not TOO bad. and i think it'd be interesting to see what everyone else did during the storyline of the film.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 09:35 AM
Tama-o-hoi

[EDIT] when i say a tarantino universe game i dont mean some shitty film-to-game cash cop-pout --cough-- pirates of the caribbean --cough-- ..or something like along those lines; i mean they should make a game the way tarantino makes his movies: like instead of paying homage to great films, the game would pay homage to great games and take the best elements of those games, make them better and add a tarantino twist to them.
for example- a Kill Bill game: B is (or was) an assassin, so the story might follow the events before The El Paso, Texas, Wedding Chapel Massacre, and you might play as her or one of the other DVAS members and carry out assassination missions kinda like Hitman mixed with MGS4, and at the end have B play out the events in the film as Boss Fights... something like that but awesomer!
and the makers would look at all the assassin-esque games - the good and the bad ones - take the good from the bad, and leave the bad out of the good, and make the worlds awesomest assassin game there is!

p.s anyone else shitting themselves in anticipation of the Kill Bill anime?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 10:32 AM