KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Guitar Hero or Rockband

Which is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Guitar Hero 5 33.33%
Rock Band 10 66.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guitar Hero or Rockband
Started by: Ultimate Wil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Guitar Hero or Rockband

Guitar Hero
(please log in to view the image)
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's
Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Guitar Hero: World Tour

vs

Rockband
Rockband 2
Rockband: AC/DC Live

Which is better?

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 08:26 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Rock band, because they came up with the drums and microphone along with an entire band first.
yeah eek!

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 09:02 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

And they have better songs.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 03:13 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rock Band for me.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 06:24 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

RockBand

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 06:47 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Rock Band. I primarily sing, and the vocal gauge on Guitar Hero is frustratingly schizophrenic. I know when I'm on pitch, and even when I am it's constantly hopping around. I still pass everything fairly easily, but never score as high as the other instruments.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 11:56 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
And they have better songs.

Depends what you like. I preferred GH3...the guitar is a lot more difficult on guitar hero as well.

I liked a few of the ideas that rock band implemented though...Bonus points for how well you do in solos...the free play sections where you hit whatever notes you wanted. Those were cool.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 02:08 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Originally posted by jaden101
Depends what you like. I preferred GH3...the guitar is a lot more difficult on guitar hero as well.

I liked a few of the ideas that rock band implemented though...Bonus points for how well you do in solos...the free play sections where you hit whatever notes you wanted. Those were cool.

I like all the songs they have put on all the Rockbands, and Guitar Heros, well all of them except for World Tour, those songs were an embarresment to be on World Tour. No one wants to play La Bamba. Just because the guitar on Guitar Hero is harder doesn't make it better one bit.

The people that made the 1st, 80's, and 2nd GH went on to help make the Rockbands, so those guys came up with good ideas. Guitar Hero can hopefully rebound with Metallica, because with World Tour, they dropped IMO.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 03:18 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

No one wants to play La Bamba.
I beg to differ.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 06:14 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

ive been playing Guitar Hero since it came out but ive got to say, after playing Rock Band, Rock Band is much better
it isnt all kiddy and stuff with silly banter and things and i like that[except in the second installments tutorials when the guys talking about the wammy bar laughing out loud]
plus theres sooooo much more than just playing songs involved with it

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 06:18 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

ghwt did have some pretty gay songs sad

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 11:53 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
callumseven
!!LEEERRROR JENKINS!!

if it werent for guitar hero rockband would not have came up with their ****ing idea.anyway guitar heros version is ten times ****ing better so

**** YOU ROCK BAND

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 07:26 PM
callumseven is currently offline Click here to Send callumseven a Private Message Find more posts by callumseven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like all the songs they have put on all the Rockbands, and Guitar Heros, well all of them except for World Tour, those songs were an embarresment to be on World Tour. No one wants to play La Bamba. Just because the guitar on Guitar Hero is harder doesn't make it better one bit.

The people that made the 1st, 80's, and 2nd GH went on to help make the Rockbands, so those guys came up with good ideas. Guitar Hero can hopefully rebound with Metallica, because with World Tour, they dropped IMO.

Rock band being exceptionally easy is annoying to me. I went through it on expert and never failed a song...I now have 5 stars for all songs...100% notes hit on about 40%...The only song i had slight difficulty with was "Green grass and high tides"

I can't say i'll ever be able to do "through the fire and flames" or even "satch boogie" on expert.

granted some songs were a bit weird choices for world tour..Like Willie Nelson.

I'm not liking the ever increasing numbers of emo shit either

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 11:09 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If it wasn't for Guitar Hero, Brutal Legend would've been cancelled.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 11:32 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Originally posted by Kento
I beg to differ.

You wanna play La Bamba, wtf laughing out loud

Rock band being exceptionally easy is annoying to me. I went through it on expert and never failed a song...I now have 5 stars for all songs...100% notes hit on about 40%...The only song i had slight difficulty with was "Green grass and high tides"

I can't say i'll ever be able to do "through the fire and flames" or even "satch boogie" on expert.

granted some songs were a bit weird choices for world tour..Like Willie Nelson.

I'm not liking the ever increasing numbers of emo shit either

Just because Rockband is easier doesn't make it worse, as most of my friends prefer Rock band because it is easier to play. Yeah, almost every song is pretty easy in the first one, Green Grass and High Tides had a little difficulty but I beat it still.

Through the Fire and Flames is pretty much hammer ons and pull offs.

Wtf was Willie Nelson in there or La Escuela de Calor, what the heck?

Or Pop song after pop, after pop.........................................................................................................................................................after pop after pop.........................................................................................................after pop.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:46 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just because Rockband is easier doesn't make it worse.

I'll say it again for those who missed it the 1st time around.

quote:
Rock band being exceptionally easy is annoying to me.

emphasis on the "TO ME" part.

I want these games to be challenging. I want to have to get better at the game in order to beat the songs. Rock band just doesn't do that for me. It's the watered down version.

Don't get me wrong...I still like playing Rock band with my mates but i prefer whupping them at guitar hero pro face-off.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 07:09 PM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

I'll say it again for those who missed it the 1st time around.

emphasis on the "TO ME" part.

I want these games to be challenging. I want to have to get better at the game in order to beat the songs. Rock band just doesn't do that for me. It's the watered down version.

Don't get me wrong...I still like playing Rock band with my mates but i prefer whupping them at guitar hero pro face-off.

That has nothing to do with it?

I don't really care if they are easy, or hard, if the songs are good, and not pop like in WT then I would probably like it. Rockband is still better because it won best music game, and GHWT didn't.

Same here, but I like whooping them in all the games.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 03:22 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

That has nothing to do with it?

I don't really care if they are easy, or hard, if the songs are good, and not pop like in WT then I would probably like it. Rockband is still better because it won best music game, and GHWT didn't.

Same here, but I like whooping them in all the games.

Again it all depends on what you like. If you hated the songs on Rockband and loved the ones on world tour you'd be singing a different tune (pardon the expression)

I also beg to differ...If there's no challenge in a game then i don't like it. Rockband had no challenge. Guitar hero (3 in particular) does.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 10:31 PM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Again it all depends on what you like. If you hated the songs on Rockband and loved the ones on world tour you'd be singing a different tune (pardon the expression)

I also beg to differ...If there's no challenge in a game then i don't like it. Rockband had no challenge. Guitar hero (3 in particular) does.

Dude, I know someone who listems to the music that was mostly in world tour, but he likes rockbands better.

You have a terrible opinion still. Just because it is easier than GH3 doesn't make it worse. I love GH3, but I love RB way more, better selection of songs, and it is fun for everyone. Plus singing and drums.

The create a character in WT was cool though.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 03:25 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Guitar Hero, mainly coz it has "Six" by All That Remains.

I ****in love singin that song!

rock

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 03:58 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote