KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » GTA: Chinatown Wars

GTA: Chinatown Wars
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

GTA: Chinatown Wars

So I crapped my pants when I heard about this so long ago. It's a DS GTA game, that's just neat, I think. I'm still edgy if the DS can support such an expanisve map and everything that makes GTA great, the freedom. Most likely, I'll go blind trying to figure it out.

Here is the officialy trailer for it, with actualy gameplay in it.

I'm impressed, if it looks that good, it shouldn't be a big deal if it is on the DS. Which in many people's opinion, a kid's handheld system. Which is partly true, since M-rated DS games are quite rare. Still, this game boasts four radio stations, plenty of cars to steal, mini-games to start stolen cars up, it's cel shaded, and actual drugs to buy. It's insane, weed as a power-up. Wha-?

Last edited by Scythe on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 07:06 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 07:03 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Alls I have for my DS is Elite Beat Agents, Diamond, Mario Kart, and Final Fantasy III.

And soon to be this. , etc.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 07:06 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

The hell is Diamond?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 07:44 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Most likey pokemon.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 08:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Most likey pokemon.

Ohhhhh.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 08:32 AM
Barker

Nothing wrong with Pokemon.

Anyway. One week.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 06:20 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Barker
Nothing wrong with Pokemon.

Anyway. One week.

It's a good game, from what I hear.

Yes! hoping it doesn't suck.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 06:36 AM
Barker

Prolly, I've logged 18 hour on it in about six months. Half of that this past week. The other half the first week.

I reserved it, but I reckon there will be plenty of copies here in Utah anyway.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 06:40 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Prolly, I've logged 18 hour on it in about six months. Half of that this past week. The other half the first week.

I reserved it, but I reckon there will be plenty of copies here in Utah anyway.

It sells really well. Have you preorders/thought about getting the new one coming out?

Pretty much, not many are goin' apeshit over this game, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of copies too.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 06:45 AM
Scythe
The Goat

holy crap, heard this game might feature chatroom-like sessions with other players and the ability to sell and trade items with other players. That kinda sounds cool.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 07:15 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 12:25 AM
Barker

Haermm am I the only one that picked this up today?

It's sorta fun so far, pretty much the basic GTA experience. I'm surprised at how good it some parts of it look (For a DS game - keep that in mind), but the character models are ugly. Haermm.

Also, there's no spoken dialogue or anything, which kind of blows. But a few missions in, it's alright.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:12 PM
Scythe
The Goat

It's sorta fun so far, pretty much the basic GTA experience. I'm surprised at how good it some parts of it look (For a DS game - keep that in mind), but the character models are ugly. Haermm.

Also, there's no spoken dialogue or anything, which kind of blows. But a few missions in, it's alright.

I have mine preordered, it should get here soon. Maybe we can exhange codes and co-op sometime.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 11:20 PM
Barker

Yeah, for sure. If I ever get Wi-Fi working on my DS.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 05:38 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Cool, let me know.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 03:27 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Just got this game, it's amazing. The graphics for it being a DS game are great.Played a few co-op missions, it was quite awesome, my friend code is: 000191659074

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 03:18 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If you expected anything more than music and pokemon noises in a DS, you set your standards too high, but it is an awesome game, but the character models do remind me of the Yakuza from GTA3.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 03:30 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, pretty much. I expected the music in this game to sound the way it foes. The "being a cop" mini-game entertains me for hours, it's so sweet.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 10:05 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

GTA: Chinatown Wars hitting PSP Oct. 20

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 10:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Have character models in a GTA game ever not been ugly? stick out tongue

Anyway, I still kind of want to play this.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 02:54 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote