KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Are Giant Bosses Getting Old?

Are Giant Bosses Getting Old?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Are Giant Bosses Getting Old?

Do you think having giant boss battles all the time are awesome or do you think it's getting old?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 12:30 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Awsome.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 12:31 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It depends on if they are good or not.

What I don't like is bosses that are cheap, or really hard. Or bosses that have a bad learning curve ( game is easy, and that one boss is impossible), and I don't like when bosses have minions that they respawn. It drives me crazy.

I know it sounds weak, but I dont mind easy games nowadays. I don't have the time to practice a game just to beat it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 01:06 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Awesome 96% of time. I don't mind if they're hard, as long as they aren't tedious. Tedium is my kryptonite, and I've played a few games where the boss is just a little too easy, but it has way too much hp, destroying what should be an epic encounter.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 01:25 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

If they can be done well, like in Shadow of the Colossus, or Twilight Princess, I enjoy them. The feeling of achievement after causing a towering behemoth to fall to the ground is addictive.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 01:40 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

That concept was old in 1989.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 01:48 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

If they're like Shadow of the Collossus, they are pure win.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 02:58 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Are Giant Bosses Getting Old?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Do you think having giant boss battles all the time are awesome or do you think it's getting old?

You must be really bored.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 07:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The anticipation of a Boss fight really brings a lot of excitement to the table in video games. Like most of you, i too love me a good Boss battle but loathe the tedium that they can be known to cause. As long as the Boss isn't included out of a sense of obligation i always enjoy finding a big bad guy at the end of a major story point.

Some games just throw a Boss into the mix because they are lazy and it's the only way they could heighten the mood (or gameplay). Even then, however, they can be fun, if done right.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 10:52 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

When its done well (God of War, Shadow of the Colossus), it's great. When it's done badly (DOW 2, Path of Neo), it blows. Hard.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 10:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by General Kaliero
If they can be done well, like in Shadow of the Colossus, or Twilight Princess, I enjoy them. The feeling of achievement after causing a towering behemoth to fall to the ground is addictive.

Sums it all up.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 12:51 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Nah, battles against giant bosses are pretty cool. It feels good when you defeat a monster/human who is several times bigger than you.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 04:34 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
If they're like Shadow of the Collossus, they are pure win.

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 05:38 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Re: Re: Are Giant Bosses Getting Old?

Originally posted by General Kaliero

Also,

Originally posted by Kazenji
You must be really bored.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 08:22 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Awesome. Provided that they are not too easy. Take Twilight Princess for an example:

(please log in to view the image)

This boss looked awesome when he was revealed. But when it took me a few seconds to figure out how to kill him and then another minute to kill him, I was alittle upset.

(please log in to view the image)

Now, this boss on the other hand (Though he also didn't take long to figure out) had enough complexities to the battle itself to be a very fun battle.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Feb 26th, 2009 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 09:14 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Depends.. I'm of the opinion that the size doesn't matter as long as they are challenging, but not cheap (as in having a ton of immunity or something along these lines)

having them be big just adds to epic-ness, as long as they're well designed

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 02:24 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Depends.. I'm of the opinion that the size doesn't matter as long as they are challenging, but not cheap (as in having a ton of immunity or something along these lines)

having them be big just adds to epic-ness, as long as they're well designed

True.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2009 04:55 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Echoing all posts in this thread involving SotC.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 1st, 2009 07:02 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

same erm

Old Post Mar 1st, 2009 11:14 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

If they do it right, its usually cool. but it wouldnt hurt to have some small bosses in a game that are still strong. To walk up to this puny enemy and then see him speed blitz you in the boss fight and the fact that you underestimated him because hes small would be awesome.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 02:45 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote