KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Classic Resident Evil or New Resident Evil

Classic or Current
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Classic 8 61.54%
Current 5 38.46%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Classic Resident Evil or New Resident Evil
Started by: Ultimate Wil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Classic Resident Evil or New Resident Evil

Should they make a Resident Evil like in the days like they were in a mansion and make it scary, or keep it like right now?

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 02:48 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes. They should make a classical RE.

ALSO A RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 03:09 AM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Just play the game cube one

i just want to go back to regular zombies and scary building and shit.

i want to go to racoon city. out in the streets zombies everywhere

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 03:46 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Easily the new versions of RE.

The old ones controlled like shit.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 04:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Makes no difference to me.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 07:20 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

By all means remake the 2nd game, but give it the RE4/5 controls/camera scheme, I hate the old tank movement and the set camera views, they were acceptable for the time, but now they are pretty much redundant.

Resident Evil is all about evolution it keeps evolving so going back to previous game styles is not an option I would imagine.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 11:34 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I would love raccoon settings with RE4's gameplay.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 02:21 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

RE 2 remake with the over the shoulder control scheme. 'Twould be epic awesomeness.

Personally, I love the Gamecube remake of RE 1. It's beautiful graphics and, thankfully, improved voice work make it a very memorable game.

Either way, beit old style RE or new style, RE 2 needs to be remade. Soon.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 21st, 2009 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 03:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wish they also made the previous games with the RE4 control scheme.

Same with the old MGS games.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 03:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Classic Resident Evil has camera controls that were irritating as hell.

New Resident Evil has easy camera controls and it looks more fun. They should remake all the old Resident Evil games with RE4's gameplay.

I hear that RE2 is being remade with RE4's gameplay but it's only going to be on the Wii. For some reason the name is changed to Darkside Chronicles. For the love of god Capcom, make everything multiplatform.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 08:32 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They need to keep the current controls, that's for damn sure. I was trying to play the older ones last night and it's pretty much impossible to go back to those after playing the new ones, controlling them is truly awful now.

But I'd like to see them get back to fighting zombies and being creepy. I liked RE5 quite a bit, but the game just wasn't creepy.

And what Imp said, a RE2 remake with the new control scheme would be amazing.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 08:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Classic Resident Evil has camera controls that were irritating as hell.

New Resident Evil has easy camera controls and it looks more fun. They should remake all the old Resident Evil games with RE4's gameplay.

I hear that RE2 is being remade with RE4's gameplay but it's only going to be on the Wii. For some reason the name is changed to Darkside Chronicles. For the love of god Capcom, make everything multiplatform.

It's not RE4 gameplay, it's a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles. Light gun arcade philosophy.

I'd like an enhanced RE2 remake, mostly because I've never actually played 2.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 09:01 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by General Kaliero
It's not RE4 gameplay, it's a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles. Light gun arcade philosophy.

I'd like an enhanced RE2 remake, mostly because I've never actually played 2.

Odd because I could've sworn I saw Leon running and aiming the same way he did in RE4.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 09:12 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Odd because I could've sworn I saw Leon running and aiming the same way he did in RE4.

Well yes, one of the decisions was to have the partner character visible on-screen in single player. Leon is on-screen when you play as Claire.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 09:14 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like Timecrisis.

That's kind of cool I guess.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 09:20 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the new control scheme.. but classic creepy

to do this, they'll have to proceed as they planned.. by starting the character roster and story from scratch

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 11:26 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Classic settings, T-virus zombies but set the controls/camera of Res 4/5 now thats what I want to see. Oh and 2 MUST be remade at some point.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 01:13 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Not only do I want to see RE2 remade but RE3 as well.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 02:25 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I kinda want the 1st and 2nd player (if any future RE's are co-op) to be unable to communicate when they're far apart.. (unless they get like a radio item), and be only able to hear eachother within earshot (sortof like halo did with the ability to hear enemy chatter, or the intel perk in call of duty 4)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 09:51 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Well, RE4 is my favourite closely followed by RE2, so I don't know really.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 01:09 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote