KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age:Origins

Dragon Age:Origins
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Dragon Age:Origins

Anyone else seen this? Looks pretty good and their heralding it as the 'spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate' which gets my attention right away. I don't think that it will be as good as BG (3 reasons: Minsc, Tiax and Xzar) but anything in that direction is great. I've checked it out and it does look to be quite close to BG and I have to say that I'm impressed so far. The previewer seem to be interested too, or at least all the major ones.

Thought's? Ideas? Orgy? Speculation?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 10:34 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's made by Bioware, it wins.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 10:42 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I did some quick research on this game.

It actually looks pretty cool IMO.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 11:12 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Any game made by BIOWARE is automatically cool, and a best seller, and automatic candidate for at least 4 game awards.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 11:20 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I heard that instead of choosing background stories like Mass Effect did, which was pretty damn cool, you get to play an origin story and the choices you make in that portion of the game is what you will be in the main game.

That is awesome. Reading a preview from PC Gamer, it was a damn interesting story. As a dwarf prince, there is like some sort of betrayal from your brother and stuff for the throne. Its sounds pretty cool.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 11:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I heard that instead of choosing background stories like Mass Effect did, which was pretty damn cool, you get to play an origin story and the choices you make in that portion of the game is what you will be in the main game.

That is awesome. Reading a preview from PC Gamer, it was a damn interesting story. As a dwarf prince, there is like some sort of betrayal from your brother and stuff for the throne. Its sounds pretty cool.
Yeah, that is the coolest aspect so far.

This vid shows some pretty goodin-game combat as well IMO.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 11:35 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah, this time around, the start is determined on what you choose, then your choices determine your character and abilities and such, like Rise of the Argonauts, KOTOR 1 & 2, and inFamous. Like you said, the Dwarf Prince would start out in the castle, but if you were a common Dwarf, you would start out on the street. And your actions effect the world, like you might kill someone in a bar fight, who was destined to be the next king of their country, but now that they're dead, there will be a power struggle, etc...

And the in game combat is real time, with tactical pause, and it's party based, that game will rock your socks.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 11:38 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 03:46 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Shit.

Why didn't it come up when I searched? This'll put a damper on my whole day.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:27 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote