KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Ninja Blade

Ninja Blade
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Ninja Blade

Ninja Blade is an Xbox 360 exclusive. You play as a ninja who fights hordes of monsters in modern day Tokyo. The game is rated M and will be out next week on the 7th.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 02:26 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I personally found the demo to be more badass and fun than ninja gaiden

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 02:26 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Ninja Blade looks like it stole the Blades of Chaos and boss finishes from God of War; the dodging and air combo mechanics from Devil May Cry; the outbreak of a horrific mutating disease in a major city plot from Resident Evil; and the blocking, combat and general theme from Ninja Gaiden.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 10:04 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

its probably not a deep game... but it feels like it has more possibility than any of the games you've listed.. which have all hit their peak

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 10:15 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This game is sure to make a success (probably). Didn't From Software make other good games in the past like Otachi?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 10:21 PM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Never heard of this game before.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 11:58 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmx2kLb0I4

Here's a vid of the demo of Ninja Blade.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 02:02 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The game came out today and here are some of the reviews:

1. VideoGamer.com - 8/10

2. IGN - 6.5/10

3. Official Xbox 360 Magazine - 3/10

Honestly I don't think you should listen to Official Xbox 360 Magazine because the guy who's reviewing Ninja Blade sounds like an idiot.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 09:52 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Ninja Blade received a 4 out of 5 by X-Play. This game is actually good.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 02:53 AM
No End N Site

X-Play guys are kinda jerks and fanbois. I rarely ever trust them wit game reviews.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 05:21 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Ninja Blade looks like it stole the Blades of Chaos and boss finishes from God of War; the dodging and air combo mechanics from Devil May Cry; the outbreak of a horrific mutating disease in a major city plot from Resident Evil; and the blocking, combat and general theme from Ninja Gaiden.

Stole?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 08:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I know someone that has the full game. Before it hit the stores anyways and he told me that while the game is pretty good, its also very short. Any truth to that?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 02:23 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I heard from somewhere that the game is 12 hours long.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 10:22 PM
No End N Site

That's it? Damn, that is short.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 03:26 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

too bad you dont start from the area before the QTE, when you screw up an input lol.. kinda wonky that it "rewinds" and lets you try again immediately

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 04:01 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
too bad you dont start from the area before the QTE, when you screw up an input lol.. kinda wonky that it "rewinds" and lets you try again immediately

I don't find anything wrong with it. It's like that when you die, the screen fades and you have to do the same thing all over again but instead, time just rewinds with the screen being all black and white.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 06:30 AM
icu311

I played the demo and it feels like a God of War ripoff, (a good thing for me actually, since I loved God of War). I just hope its a decently long game.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 07:06 PM
icu311 is currently offline Click here to Send icu311 a Private Message Find more posts by icu311 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

I've read a couple of reviews of this and the general consensus seemed to be that yes, the game rips a lot of other franchises off, but it executes all those things perfectly which makes for a very amusing game.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 07:22 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote