KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Army of Two: The 40th Day

Army of Two: The 40th Day
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Army of Two: The 40th Day

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/16/j...o-the-40th-day/

The first AoT may not have turned out well but the game sold well enough to warrant a sequel. Let's hope this one does better.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 07:40 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I thought Army of Two was a very good game. I had a lot of fun with it.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 09:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

First one let me down, but I read a brief little passage about the second upcoming one and it does sound promising. Plus the graphics look absolutely amazing, and I've always loved a good co-op game.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 11:54 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So are they gonna have the tampons in this one ?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 06:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Haven't had the chance to play the game yet. Is it better than the first?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 11:21 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

hm, i did do an initial search before posting my thread for this game and it didn't show up. o well.

anyway, here's my review of the game and a couple of sites on it. this post is from the other Army of Two thread i opened up:

the game's mad fun. it has high replay value, imo. there's alot to do, especially in the heat of battle and a bit to think about before you take action. you can't be gun-ho in this game, i found that out. it does take some patience getting use to the controls and camera angles but they becomes second nature after playing straight for about an hour.

the "Aggro" system's been added in. which is basically a tactical element where one player would shoot at enemies and attract their focus and firepower on said player while the other player, with less paid attention, can flank or gain access to safes and important places uninterupted. mock surenduring and playing dead can also increase the aggro bar too.

Graphics are great. i'd say about high-end.

the game plays alot like gears of war especially with it's cover system. but what makes it mad fun to me is being able to quickly switch camera angles from left to right and i like dashing and sliding towards my cover i'll be using, as well. the AI's really good in this too.

the gun upgrades are cool.

So far i give this game a 9.

-----------------------------------------

And just a couple of links for game for your consideration..

http://www.armyoftwo.com/home.action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNYwu_bUIk

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 02:42 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'm interested in this game.. I played the demo and liked it.. but its one of those games where the weapons feel as though they have no weight..

like.. you can get any job done with any weapon.. pistols hit just as hard as rifles... thats kind of a disappointment to me

I did really like the partner actions.. these are what really spiced up the experience... but I'm still left to wonder what kind of replay value is to be had.. specially in like multiplayer gametypes and such

also.. I like the quote, North

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 10:05 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Theres a single player demo?

only demo that i found was a co-op one.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 05:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 07:09 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lucky you

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 07:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'm interested in this game.. I played the demo and liked it.. but its one of those games where the weapons feel as though they have no weight..

like.. you can get any job done with any weapon.. pistols hit just as hard as rifles... thats kind of a disappointment to me

North

Yeah, i know what you're saying and for the first half of the game you don't really have to worry about which weapon you're using for the job. I really think this is because if you and your friend is skilled enough in flanking and taking aggro the enemies become heavily exposed.

The weapons you use and the way you upgrade them does become important later in the game. The enemy AI has improved quite a bit from the first game.

I highly recommend this game to everyone. Unlike the first one, however this game demands another person to get the full enjoyment. It is a really short game but there is definitely a lot of replay value here, especially if you have a buddy to play it with.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 06:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Kazenji
Theres a single player demo?

only demo that i found was a co-op one.
thats the one I played.. and you go through the first few areas of campaign in it.. did it with my nephew, who has gone and bought the game.. but I'm still on the fence of it being a worth-while 60 dollar game, since I have a few others in mind that I'd like to buy that are coming along fairly soon... (Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Super SFIV, and BlazBlue Continuum Shift)

I hear theres a 4 player horde type mode as well called extraction?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 08:46 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I could'nt play it anyway i only have one controller.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 05:36 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by One Free Man
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t523351.html

Did you not see the date of when I made this thread and what date that thread was made?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 06:29 AM
American Dragon

The game is great but way too short. I beat it in only a few hours.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 07:29 PM
American Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send American Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by American Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Well, it is EA so look for plenty expensive DLC drops that should have been apart of the game.

I'm not a fan of EA but i really didn't mind the games length all that much. Even though it's not as long as the first one i did expect a six hour game. It also has decent replay value. I didn't buy it though and i was just just happy to have another good Co-op game to play.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 03:41 AM