KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » OpenPandora Gaming Device

OpenPandora Gaming Device
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

OpenPandora Gaming Device

I just stumbled upon this website http://openpandora.org/ whose goal it is to produce a very powerful handheld gaming device. Personally I am not too much into handheld gaming, but the possibility to even run a full Ubuntu or other linux is extremely cool imo.

(please log in to view the image)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Pandora

The specs of the thing are quite amazing too I think and it could be used to emulate a multitude of games if one is into that. There's a video of engadget of it being used for playing Quake 1...though the developers say it could even do Quake 3...which would be pretty amazing. They say that almost all games up until the PSOne should be no problem. Either way, what do you think of the system, would you be interested in something like it, or are you more for the more traditional handhelds?

Last edited by Bardock42 on Apr 19th, 2009 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 05:51 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I have a friend getting this actually- has had it ordered for months, though the delays are frustrating him. Assuming he ever gets it I'll let you know if it lives up to the claims.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 05:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I have a friend getting this actually- has had it ordered for months, though the delays are frustrating him. Assuming he ever gets it I'll let you know if it lives up to the claims.
That would be cool. The delays seem to be problematic...I guess there's a lot to do to finish such a device.

I found a video of them actually playing Quake 3, which, to me, remembering having a Computer that couldn't play it, is quite impressive.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 06:01 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So a tiny bit on the late side, my friend's Pandora has finally been dispatched...

Not quite as impressive as it was of course.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 02:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Let us know what he thinks when he gets it.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 02:43 PM