KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Thief 4 coming

Thief 4 coming
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thief 4 coming

quote:
After months of fan speculations and rumors, Eidos Montreal has finally confirmed that it is working on a third sequel for the well-regarded stealth game, Thief.

"We're in the early development stages for Thief 4, but this is an incredibly ambitious and exciting project for Eidos," says general manager Stephane D'Astous.

D'Astous then added that it still is "too early for us to offer any specific game details," and that Eidos Montreal is currently focused on adding to the development staff, which already comprises the studio's "best core team."

Eidos Montreal revealed the game's logo which revealed that it will be titled "Thi4f".

I like the Thief series good Stealth games i like them maybe more then Metal Gear Solid when it comes to Stealth, A 4th one should be good.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 02:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 02:43 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Pucker my anus and call me Charlie! This is good news. One of my favorite series ever.

The first two games were very difficult, even on normal settings. And the harder difficulty levels just added absurd goals like "steal everything without killing anyone." I hope it remains difficult without having to jump through arbitrary hoops. But if they retain the flavor of any of the 3 games, it'll be awesome.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 03:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The second game made it more difficult with those robot guards patrolling the area, Until i found out how to disable them.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 06:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It was more about gear for me. You'd have a set budget for each mission, which was nicely balanced around the difficulty.

In Thief 3, you could accumulate and keep gear between missions which, when played intelligently, made the game easier. You could store and store, then use a bunch of gadgets and arrows during the few intense sections. I never had the feeling of being down to my last arrow or flash grenade or something, with a large chunk of the mission left to tackle. I was always comfortable.

The very last level of Thief 2 was like this for me. It was broken into two chunks, each as large as most other entire levels. And I didn't realize this, and had used up all my stuff in the first half. Sneaking through arguably the toughest section in the game with nothing but my sword and club was f-ing intense.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 06:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Scuttlebutt has this being pushed to next-gen consoles, which makes it late 2013 at the earliest (and more likely 2014). I haven't found a source willing to say that the delay to next-gen is official, but the lack of announcements to the contrary is also telling. There's a full dev team working on it though, so it's still very much in the works.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 05:00 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 05:40 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 11:16 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They're saying its a reboot, Then why does it seem Garret still have his robot eye?

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 12:56 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Basso's back

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2013 03:57 AM
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11...y-mode-detailed

quote:
"Hardcore mode... allows players to customize the game in a number of ways," it continues. "One of my favorites is the Ironman: if you die, game over. Hey, what is life without a little risk? We even added a "If the enemy detects you, you die" mode. Now combine that with the Ironman... You get the point! "There is also the possibility to disable Focus and related abilities, as promised. This is in addition to the option to disable specific elements of the UI, like the reaction icons for NPCs. The UI list is pretty extensive, so don't worry, you will be able to get the game just the way you like it."
This sounds like my dream strealth game. Its about time some of these options were introduced to stealth games. I'm especially interested in that detection=death option. Hopefully, other stealth games catch on to this.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 01:32 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I'd rather play Condemned with my screen turned off than do Hardcore mode. I love stealth games, but I don't have hours to perfect one area of the game before progressing, and that sounds like a serious frustration mode.

But kudos to those who succeed.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 01:56 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11...y-mode-detailed

This sounds like my dream strealth game. Its about time some of these options were introduced to stealth games. I'm especially interested in that detection=death option. Hopefully, other stealth games catch on to this.

You do know Metal Gear Solid has been doing this for years, right?

Howdy!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 04:44 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Can't Wait!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 05:30 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
You do know Metal Gear Solid has been doing this for years, right?
I've played every single MGS game on the hardest difficulty (well, the majority of them), and have never found this feature. When I say getting caught=death, I mean getting caught=automatic game over. Not enemies are so strong that you'll likely die.

When I wanted to do a complete stealth playthrough of MGS4 on the hardest difficulty, I always had to reload to a previous game save. The game didn't end automatically.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 08:17 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

With this new Thief game wonder if the Hammerites will back.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 07:28 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I've played every single MGS game on the hardest difficulty (well, the majority of them), and have never found this feature. When I say getting caught=death, I mean getting caught=automatic game over. Not enemies are so strong that you'll likely die.

When I wanted to do a complete stealth playthrough of MGS4 on the hardest difficulty, I always had to reload to a previous game save. The game didn't end automatically.

Sorry for the late reply, but what I meant was the European Extreme mode, where if you are seen by a guard, you get an automatic game over.

MGS4 apparently doesn't have it, but MGS2 and 3 do.

Howdy!

Last edited by FinalAnswer on Dec 4th, 2013 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 06:30 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Sorry for the late reply, but what I meant was the European Extreme mode, where if you are seen by a guard, you get an automatic game over.

MGS4 apparently doesn't have it, but MGS2 and 3 do.
Its all good. I wish I had found those earlier. Hopefully they port the entire series to next gen and I'll be able to retry all that. That would have been a blast.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 07:35 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I always like more options when it comes to tailoring your experience.

But I also agree its to have a perfect experience from the get go. It goes to show how much thought went into the production of the game.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 07:39 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know the first Thief game had levels like that "getting caught=automatic game over" which Arachnid1 seems to be after

been a while since i played the second one not sure if that one had them, I'll be surprised if they put something like that in this new Thief game since they like to water down games these days for new folks.

Last edited by Kazenji on Dec 5th, 2013 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 01:31 PM